Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Arun GanguliYour feedback matters!
Hi, I had sex with my girlfriend. After six hours she took pill (unwanted 72), but after seven days she got bleeding for one and half day. This is bleeding happen to the effect of pill? Her period date was on 20th, Its more than 5 days of delay, still now she didn't observe periods. This is due the pill or is she got pregnant?
Hi. I am 23 years old female. I had intercourse with my bf 3 months back. After which I got periods after 10 days. But I have been missing my periods for two months now. I had used I- pill in feb after which my menstruation cycle was fine. Also, I used pregnancy kit and the result was negative. Now I have again got my pregnancy test done. My reports says that my human chorionic gonadotropin, serum is less than 2.0. The method used was Eclia. So if you could please tell me what my report suggests. Also, if I am not pregnant then why I have been missing my periods.
My wife is 7 week pregnant. Current sonography report found normal, FHR is 150/min, but she occasionally spotting minor, and again stopped. There is no pain abdominal or back. Just want to know that what is the reason for this spotting?
Will 5 gm of ashvagandha powder taken every day by a woman in 50s already passed menopause will add to her weight and that's too substantially. Gudica Mahesh.
Hii. I miss my period for 17 days but test is negative. Today I went to the doctor. She sad wait for 10 days nd test again. Is it right.
Heavy menstrual bleeding, technically called menorrhagia, is one of the most common types of abnormal bleeding from the uterus. Menstrual bleeding is said to be heavy if there is so much blood that a tampon or pad remains soaked for several hours.
Here are all the possible causes of heavy menstrual bleeding:
- Hormonal imbalance: Estrogen and progesterone levels are the primary control mechanism for periods. If the ovaries have a problem in functioning, hormonal imbalances may occur. Heavy menstrual bleeding is most common in females who are at the start of menopause. Puberty menorrhagia can occur in adolescents who are experiencing their first menstrual period.
- Fibroids: Fibroids most commonly occur around the age when women can get pregnant. Uterine fibroids are non-cancerous growth on the uterus.
- Ectopic pregnancy: An ectopic pregnancy is when a fertilized egg stays in the fallopian tube, but does not reach the uterus.
- Blood thinners: These are medicines, which are usually anticoagulant or antiplatelet drugs.
- Problems with IUD: A non-hormonal intrauterine device is a T-shaped device used for birth control which is inserted into the uterus.
- Adenomyosis: This is a condition in which the muscular wall of the uterus also gets the lining of the uterus intermingled with it. However, this condition is rare and only happens in middle aged women with several children.
- PID: PID stands for Pelvic Inflammatory Disease and refers to any infection within the organs of the reproductive system.
- Cancer: Uterine, ovarian and cervical cancer are just some of the cancers, which may cause heavy menstrual bleeding.
- Other diseases: Liver, kidney and thyroid diseases are all included.