Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arthi
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. ArthiYour feedback matters!
I am a 23 years old boy. I have headache problem due to less sleep. I have eye vision problem as well. I cannot remember quickly the things what I know. I use long time for sleep but my sleep is not so much depth and some tension always acting during sleep. I awaken 2-3 times in midway sleep. What should do to make tension free, clear, depth sleep? Is there any ayurvedic solution?
I always imagine that I would be film star or a cricketer hitting only sixes in a stadiam and all are watching me. Sometimes I just imagine an extraordinary personality that I can never be in real life for showing my ability that is not in me really. People say that I smiles while walking on the road. I smiles really anywhere while imagining. Is it a mental disease? Am I going to be mad? Please help me.
When I read book my eyes get watery and I feel difficulty in reading. I have short sight and the power of lens is 2.75 what should I do.
LASIK or laser in situ keratomileusis, is a form of refractive surgery that help patients who are suffering from near sightedness (Myopia), far sightedness (Hypermetropia) and even astigmatism (cylindrical power in glasses). This procedure aims at neutralising the power by correcting the shape of the cornea, which is the transparent layer that lines the front of the eye. Through this procedure, the cornea is reshaped so that the retina receives a focused light.
So what are the health tips for people going through a LASIK procedure? Here is our take:
Biggest advantage of LASIK is that it helps people to get rid of Glasses and contact lenses, which sometimes are cosmetically unacceptable and in some cases are visually disabling.
Best part of LASIK procedure are:
- Age no bar: If there are no medical objections, then LASIK can be performed regardless of the age of the person. Doctors also tend to wait till young adulthood (around 18-20 years of age) before performing LASIK.
- Painless: Quick (total duration of surgery is hardly 15 minutes) and virtually painless.
- Very safe: Has a high success rate ( success rate is 96%) due to use of latest Laser technology which reduces the recovery time and therefore very less complication rates.
- Stithless: Does not require bandages or stitches.
Adjustments can be made years later to alter the vision as per growing impairment in the future and advancing years.
Minor side effects like dryness, glare and halos, which appears as a result of healing process, and tends to subside within few months of time.
Any person 18 yrs or older who fulfils the following criteria can undergo Lasik surgery
- Stable refraction for atleast 1yr (occurs usually after 18 yrs of age)
- Corneal thickness and topography should be in normal range (requires an Eye Exam)
- Dilated retinal examination should be normal (requires an Eye Exam)
- Adequately wet eyes
Note: One should abstain from wearing contact lens at least 2 weeks before the procedure.
Precaution after the Procedure:
Patient is likely to have some inflammation after the procedure and temporary dryness.
Use medicines as prescribed by the doctor
- Avoid any type of eye makeup for at least 1 month after surgery
- Avoid swimming or water sports for at least 2- 3 weeks after surgery
In those cases where cases where LASIK cannot be done, there are other refractive surgery options you can go for after consulting with an ophthalmologist. Going through a LASIK procedure is a matter of finding the right specialist and ensuring that you take all the precautions before the procedure. Also, it is important to look into your medical history and eyes in particular so as to avoid complications.
Contact lenses are one of the most convenient ways to correct vision-related problems. It is easily disposable and requires least maintenance. It might have minor side effects in the form of irritations and allergies but it requires least time for adaptability. They help to correct nearsightedness and farsightedness along with astigmatism and age-related vision problems like presbyopia. Following are the benefits and harms of wearing contact lenses.
Positive effects of contact lenses
1. Better vision: Wearing contact lenses improves your vision to a great amount, especially peripheral vision. They are comfortable to wear and can correct both nearsightedness and farsightedness. They can cause discomfort initially but are more effective than glasses. Lenses are also available in bifocals and tints and can be worn for long periods of time.
2. Great for active lifestyle: Glasses can be a hindrance to sports activities and can limit your peripheral vision. Lenses on the other hand are great for an active lifestyle as they require short adaptation period. They are easy to put and take care of and do not require a lot of maintenance on your part as it needs least cleaning.
Risks of wearing contact lenses:
- Dry eyes: Dry eyes are the most common side effects of wearing contact lenses
- Infections: Contact lenses wearers are prone to infection of the cornea called keratitis. It can cause swelling, blurry vision and other problems due to lack of oxygen supply to the cornea.
- Allergic reactions: Allergic reaction to the contact lens solution can affect your vision as it causes inflammation of the eyeballs and redness. It can also cause eyelid inflammation and limit your scope of vision. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.