Find numerous Audiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Audiologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. ArshadYour feedback matters!
I am hearing continuous whistling sound in my left year since one month. I have noticed that my hearing power is also reduced. I was getting some liquid like stuff from my left year. Can any one tell the solution for this situation. Thank you.
Hearing songs by earphones in a medium for a long time is harmful to health? Bluetooth headset is harmful?Please tell.
My son is 2.5 years old, still he is unable to speak. He can understand what we are saying, sometimes he is not at all listening to us. He is speaking something in his own language always when he is playing. Please help me.
Sir, Meri wife ko 1 kaan se kam sunai deta h, doctors ko dikhaya to kaha ki machine lagegi ya phir operation hoga. Doctors ne ye bhi kaha h ki operation se behra hone k bhi chance h. Kya karna chahiye?
What Causes Meniere’s Disease?
Meniere's Disease is a disorder that basically affects the sense of balance and hearing of the patient. This condition takes place in the inner ear and it may cause problems like vertigo, where patients experience a spinning sensation and a ringing sound as well. This is a chronic disorder, which requires a number of lifestyle changes so that it can be managed and treated without becoming a debilitating problem.
Read on to know more about the symptoms and causes of the condition.
Symptoms: The various signs and symptoms of this disease include a feeling of fullness in the ear, which has been affected by the condition. Also, most patients have a spinning sensation and a ringing sound in the affected ear. Nausea and vomiting may also be caused by this condition, along with sweating and loss of balance. It is also normal to feel uncoordinated when you are suffering from this condition.
Secondary Symptoms: This condition may also cause many other complications, which are known as secondary symptoms. These include anxiety, depression and stress. This usually happens due to the problems in the ear and even the problem of vertigo. This may cause problems for people who climb heights or ladders for their work or even for other recreational causes. The constant sense of dizziness and spinning may cause a person to become anxious and undertake stress when it comes to carrying out various kinds of functions in day to day living.
Causes: There are various causes of this condition, even though many medical reports suggest that the exact cause has not really been understood so far. As any doctor will tell you, the in the inner ear there is a labyrinth which contains fluids. When there is a problem with the composition and level of these fluids, the patient may develop Meniere’s Disease. This condition specifically affects the inner part of the ear. This part is made up of passages and a cavity as well as soft membrane like structures with hair like sensors. These sensors respond to the fluid’s movement within the ear. When this fluid does not have the appropriate levels, it can lead to many complications like Meniere’s Disease, which affect the nerve impulse that these sensors catch and transmit to the brain.
Stages: This disease progresses over a set of three stages. In the very first stage, the patient will experience much dizziness and nausea, before that progresses to the second stage. In this stage, the patient will have moderate to severe vertigo. This is also known as the middle stage. Finally, this may culminate into the third or late stage, which leads to more frequent episodes of vertigo. The hearing of the patient and the ringing sound in the ears will also get worse in this stage.
Dr. Sir, I suffer from profound Hearing loss. I am Male 68 yrs, Veg, 74 Kgs, Non Smoker. My Doctor advised me to take "High Res CT Scan Temporal Bone (Bilateral) Does this give only the cause/source for Hearing loss OR does it give any other problems (not related to Hearing) also. OR can we include some other tests also, to check if there are any other problems. Please clarify.
My uncle has drinking (alcohol) problem and he do not want to quit. He always want to drink whether its day or night. He is not listening anybody. Please suggest me what should I do.
Respected doctors I have a problem of less hearing last three years in both ears. I am using hearing aids but i am not satisfied because i can't hear properly. My hearing loss according to AUDIOMETERY Report is SENSORI OR NEURAL My age is 31 years & in my family no persons suffering from hearing loss in past & present. Please help me
Hello sir. I want to ask that. I am not able to hear from my left ear it is completely damaged as the listening nerve is damaged. My left ear is good. But it also started to get damage. My ear drum starts melting. It is as such that it can stuck with brain too if the bone between brain and war drum gets melted. Please suggest whether I can undergo an operation to change my ear drum. But doctor suggest me that it can either increase the hearing ability or it can also damage the present hearing power. What should I do?
I am 24 years old male. I had cold which was accompanied by hearing loss and pain in left ear. After having a course of amoxicillin and potassium clanuvate antibiotics, my pain was relieved but there is no improvement in hearing. Now I hardly hear anything from that ear. It has been 5 days since I heard from that ear. Can anybody please help. I am a smoker.
My son is 10 yrs. Old, now a days he is going for swimming, from last 5-6 days he is having pain in his ear & he can't hear properly kindly advise.
I am having problem in hearing, I hear very low I have tonsils and had cold earlier Help me! What should I do to hear properly again.
I am 25year male. I have hearing problem in my year in back 6 month. I checkup by doctor then advice me take hearing machine. But I want to solved my problem by medicine or surgery, please you best advice me.
SSHL is not like any other normal hear-loss trouble. Rather it is quite a severe condition. Sudden deafness can occur at any time due to several reasons. This trouble does not affect both the ears rather only one specific ear is usually affected, and thus this is one of the prominent signs that can help the doctors to understand that SSHL has occurred.
What are the leading causes of this hearing loss?
- Head injury: If you have faced any severe kind of head injury ever, then it might bring SSHL. This is why you are suggested to get necessary treatment on time so that this kind of hearing loss can be avoided.
- Loud-noise exposure: If your ears are exposed to louder noises or sounds in a consistent manner, then there is a greater possibility of the occurrence of this hearing loss. Thus, you should stay away from unwanted noises.
- Ageing: With the increase in age, hearing power slowly decreases. However, if you take proper precautions from the very beginning, then SSHL can be definitely avoided.
- Blood-circulation troubles: Interrupted blood-circulation creates different physical troubles out of which hearing loos is one of the most prominent one. And if timely treatment is not provided, then it might get converted into SSHL.
- Ototoxic medication: This kind of medication should not be continued for long without doctor's prescription otherwise SSHL might occur.
- Lyme disease: This is a kind of disease, which occurs due to tick bites and this is pretty infectious in nature. Apart from that, this disease is now considered as one of the main sources of SSHL.
How to evaluate this hearing loss?
- History analysis: The history of the patient needs to be known first otherwise SSHL cannot be perfectly treated. If the history shows that the patient already has an existing trouble of ear loss for which SSHL has been proven, then in accordance with the same the treatment can be prescribed.
- Laboratory and imaging: Laboratory analysis is one of the main methods for evaluating SSHL and necessary images of the ears boost the potentiality and importance of this kind of analysis to a great extent.
- Quick evaluation: This kind of medical evaluation is mainly made on the basis of the symptoms. The doctors often follow the signs thoroughly in order to determine as to whether the patients have SSHL or not. This evaluation is highly supported by different medical tests that are prescribed by the doctor.