Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arjun
Submit a review for Dr. ArjunYour feedback matters!
I have problem of acidity daily any permanent solution available for this problem for this one. Give me some solution.
Hi sir my problem is weight issue I am know 21 years old my weight is 42 only n it not increasing I consult to many doctor on these issues SME told digestion problem nd SME hereditary BT no one has given wt to do plzz help me out sir! N one question at these stage my weight is 42 n age 21 so these weight is enough fr my age or abnormal? Plzzz give your valuable ans sir.
I am 37 years old, female. In my anal area 2 lumps create problem to me. After 3 or 4 months bleed from rectum when stool is went out. It is dark red, no pain at that time, just feel weakness and have seen darkness around eye side. All time feel vomiting tendency. Weight is normal. Am I suffering colon cancer? if I operate it, may it spread?
Hello Sir, I have acidity problem regularly like facing problem during eating even some time drinking water as well. Caused by Alcohol & Smoking??
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is one of the most common disorders of digestive system producing a spectrum of symptoms such as persistent and recurring abdominal pain associated with passing of motion, change of bowel habit (diarrhea, constipation, or alternating diarrhea and constipation), etc. without any apparent cause.
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is the disorder of function, which means that the bowel doesn't work, as it should. If one visualizes the bowel, it appears perfectly normal without any inflammation or other structural changes. In people with IBS, the intestines squeeze too hard or not hard enough and cause food to move too quickly or too slowly through the intestines.
What Are the Symptoms of IBS?
People with IBS have symptoms that can include:
- Diarrhea (often described as violent episodes of diarrhea)
- Constipation alternating with diarrhea
- Belly pains or cramps, usually in the lower half of the belly, that get worse after meals and feel better after a bowel movement
- A lot of gas or bloating
- Harder or looser stools than normal (pellets or flat ribbon stools)
- A belly that sticks out
- Stress can make symptoms worse.
How does Homeopathy treat IBS?
IBS can have significant impact on individual's social, personal, and professional life. Homeopathy offers proven treatment for the IBS which treats the Mind and Body connections. IBS calls for the treatment which should address the emotional stress, the stress coping system and the intestinal hypersensitivity. This is what homeopathy attempts doping exactly. The scientific and documented study shows that the homeopathic treatment helps achieve:
- Soothing of mind
- Slowing down of negative emotions such as anxiety, sadness, frustration, hyperactivity, anger, restlessness, etc.
- Helping body's stress coping system
- Alleviating the abnormal hypersensitivity of the bowels
- Relieving the symptoms of bowel hyper-motility
- Enhancing level of joyous state of mind
- Individualistic approach whereby every patient is treated based on one's case
The Homeopathy medicine works at the deeper level, bringing the deviations of harmony among various systems of body back to normalcy. The homeopathic medicine establishes a good communication between the brain and the gut, thus ensuring proper relay of signals. The positive outcome of this is that the motility of intestines becomes regular and rhythmic, thus relieving complaints of either diarrhea or constipation or both.
Moreover, Homeopathy improves the pain threshold of individual, thus alleviating symptoms of pain and cramps associated with IBS. Homeopathy medicines work at deeper level of an individual to root out root causes. The two factors that are triggering causes of IBS are emotional stress and exaggerated sensitivity to food items.
Homeopathy has very well perceived the influences of psyche on the physique of an individual. Homeopathy medicines positively influences the emotions and thinking of an individual so that the person can cope with stress optimistically. Homeopathy medicines have proven efficacy to manage mental stress and its offshoots like IBS. Homeopathy medicines aid in minimizing food sensitivities and allergies.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 44 years old and the doctor advised me to start calcium tablets. However, calcium, iron does not agree with me. Natural intake of calcium like curd, milk in breakfast also causes me gas trouble. I experience pain in stomach. I have a desk job but even with conscious efforts to do some walking in office doesn't help. I cannot have anything made of refined flour, besan, sprouts. It causes me bloating and heaviness in my stomach. I also have low digestion capacity. I am largely a vegetarian and have fish very rarely may be once in 3 months. Kindly advise.
My girl can't eat spicy food at all & she always eat home made food, can't even eat outside as always face problem with digestion, how to tackle this situation, pls advice.
I M working as systems administration from last 5 years and now I M suffering from back achieve fromm last 1 year. After consulting doctor they did scanning and every thing but nothing they found. They are telling now it may be gastric issue. Is that possible to get back pain because of gastric Kindly advise.
A peptic ulcer is usually found in the duodenum, or the first part of the small intestine. These ulcers can also be found in the delicate stomach lining near this region. These are usually painful sores that are caused due to too much acid production in the stomach, as well as excessive smoking and alcohol consumption. The symptoms generally include heartburn, bloating, nausea, vomiting, and even blood discharge in stool and vomiting. So how can you treat these ulcers? Here's a short list of ways to do so.
- Medication: The most common way of treating peptic ulcers is to ingest proton pump inhibitors which can be prescribed by a general physician. These medicines will effectively stop the production of acid and reflux in the gastroesophageal band, so as to prevent the growth and production of such ulcers. Antibiotics can also help, especially in severe cases where there is a risk of infection due to the presence of these ulcers.
- Upper Endoscopy and Surgery: For severe cases where there is bleeding in the peptic ulcers, an upper endoscopy may also be conducted. This quick procedure can give relief from the bleeding. Also, many specialists might recommend surgery so as to treat an ulcer that has punched a hole in the stomach's wall, in which case the persistent bleeding cannot be stemmed even with an upper endoscopy.
- Lifestyle Choices: The presence of a peptic ulcer usually points to tobacco and alcohol abuse. If you happen to be over 50 years of age and are busy drinking copious amounts of alcohol every day and even chain smoking, then you may be at risk. It is best to stop such abuse by giving up smoking and drinking so as to ensure that the peptic ulcer can be treated and does not become a fatality. Also, drinking plenty of water and eating a proper balanced diet along with exercise are some of the best ways of treating these ulcers.
- Side Effects: Peptic ulcers may also arise as a side effect of having pain killers too frequently. So it is important to stay away from medication that gives rise to this kind of reaction in the body.
Managing and treating peptic ulcers is a matter of getting the right tests done for diagnosis before discussing further medication or surgery based treatment for the ulcer so that it does not pose any grave danger to the patient's body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.