Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Rashes
Treatment of Baldness
Treatment of Vitiligo
Treatment of Ichthyosis Vulgaris
Laser Hair Removal
Treatment of Open Pores
Treatment of Fungal Infection
Treatment of Psoriasis
Treatment of Skin Infections
Treatment of Blackheads
Treatment of Moles
Submit a review for Dr. Archana KeshavamurthyYour feedback matters!
Sir, I am suffering from hair fall from previous 2 years. I have tried homeopathy, Ayurveda but not got the solution anywhere. Because of hair fall there are bald patches appearing on my head. Pls suggest me what should I do.
I am sangeetha age 34 suffering from hyperpigmentation. Please advice me how to get rid of with this problem?
I have small round shaped pores caused because of pimple breaks. Since 3 to 4 years. How can I get rid of it ?
I am 27 years old male. I have been suffering from pimples since last 9 years. Now pimples gone but still my face have lot of pimples marks and holes. So my question is how can I cure the pimple marks and want to cover the holes with a smooth skin. My skin type is oily skin.
May face has black spots, dark circles, pimple marks. And I don't like this so I tried many cosmetics and natural ways to get rid them but they are not gone completely. Please suggest me some ways, which would help me.
My hair is short length only. I need to improve as long hair. Suggest any remedy for this. I am a girl.
My hairs are falling so much, Tell me the solutions. And my skin is getting so dull. How to get fair skin in months or in a weeks.
I have dark circle under both of my eyes and my face is not glowing like my body. What should I do? please prescribe me.
Chemical Peel Treatment is ideal for:
- Skin Pigmentation problems- Due to the harmful effects of sun exposure and pollution,drugs,hormonal problems,burns,etc. many people fall victim of skin pigmentation. A chemical peel treatment can be of great help in such cases.
- Complexion lightening- If one’s skin has become darker over time and wants to regain their original complexion, then chemical peel treatment can be of great help.
- Skin Rejuvenation- Due to clogged pores and/or due to prolonged stress one’s skin may start to look dull and lack freshness. By using a light or medium peel the skin glow and health can be improved.Acne and superficial post acne marks and scars
Benefits of Chemical Peels:
- Enhanced skin texture- One of the secondary benefits a person gets from a chemical peel treatment is enhanced skin texture. Hence, apart from removing scars and blemishes chemical peels also bring up a fresh layer of skin which is not only smooth in texture but is radiant too.
- Reduced Fine Lines- Chemical peels are also readily used for the treatment of wrinkles and fine lines. By damaging the outmost skin layer with a chemical solution in a controlled manner it is made to peel off. What is exposed afterwards is a skin that is more firm and free of fine lines.
- Safe -Chemical peel treatment is by far one of the safest among others. . If done appropriately, they are free of side effects and give good results if the patient is selected appropriately.
- Attractive Results- Most people who go for chemical peel treatments are satisfied with the end results. The cost of the treatment is easily affordable, and the recovery time is quite minimal, making it one of the most preferred treatments for multiple skin problems.
Many cosmetic products like BB creams, tinted lotions and moisturizers claim to provide instant fairness. But all of these products lighten your skin only for a short duration. Fairness cannot be achieved overnight and one has to take care of one?s skin regularly to achieve the desired fairness. For instant glowing and fair skin, always keep these mantras in mind:
Follow the CTM (cleansing, toning and moisturizing) routine daily.
Exfoliate your skin at least twice a week. This will help to remove the dead cells and open pores, thus lightening your skin tone.
Always use sunscreen 20 minutes before stepping out from home. A good sunscreen with SPF 40 will help to prevent tan in the Indian climate.
Drink adequate amount of water to keep your body and skin hydrated. A good sleep at night is also very important for healthy and glowing skin.
Indulge in home remedies like face packs and scrub for natural fairness.
15 Simple and Quick Home Remedies for Fair Skin
Here is some easy and quick skin lightening home remedies for fair skin
Lemon is the best natural remedy for skin lightening. It helps to reduce the blemishes and dark spots. Rub fresh lemon juice over the darkened skin and leave it for 10 minutes. Wash off with cool water. Remember not to expose yourself to the sun, while doing this treatment. There is no way that you look for skin lightening tips and not find lemon on the list. You should be careful as lemon can cause irritation on the wounds and cuts.
Prepare a face pack by mixing 1 teaspoon of milk and 1 teaspoon of honey. Make a smooth paste and apply all over your face. Rub gently in circular motions and keep for 15 minutes. Use low fat milk if you have oily skin and full cream milk if you have dry skin.
This is an ingredient used by our ancestors and is still considered as one of the best home remedy for fair skin. Prepare the mask by combining 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder and 3 teaspoons of fresh lime juice. Apply over the exposed skin and keep for 15 minutes. You should be careful while using this pack, as turmeric can stain your clothes.
People with sensitive skin can dilute the pack with a little amount of water.
4. Egg Pack:
Beat an egg till it?s fluffy and frothy. Apply on the face and keep it on till it dries off completely. Wash off with cool water. You can also add lemon juice or 2 drops of lavender oil or tea tree oil, to reduce the smell of the egg.
Tomato contains lycopene, which helps to reduce tan instantly. A perfect choice for the home remedies for skin lightening. This face pack will lighten the skin tone, reduce tan and eliminate the dead cells on the face. In a blender, add 1-2 tomatoes and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice. You can also add gram flour (besan) into it. Blend well to make a smooth paste. Apply this all over the face and keep for 20 minutes. Wash off with cool water and repeat this procedure daily before bath.
6. Hot Oil Body Massage:
Enjoying your weekends? Indulge in the hot oil body massage for relaxation and also to get fairer skin. Choose base oil such as almond oil, coconut oil or olive oil. To this, add crushed neem and tulsi leaves and warm gently. Apply this all over your body and massage well. Keep for 30 minutes and get into the shower. Hot oil massage increases the blood circulation all over the body and thus reduces tan.
7. Yogurt Pack:
In 2 teaspoons of plain yogurt, add 1 teaspoon of honey and mix well to form a smooth paste. Apply on your face and keep for 15 minutes. Wash off with cool water. Repeat this procedure daily for best results
8. Fruit Pack:
Fruits can work wonders for your skin and also provide you with naturally glowing skin. Prepare a fruit pack by combining the pulp of an avocado, papaya and cucumber. Then add 2 teaspoons of cream or malai. Mix well to form a paste and apply all over the face. Leave it for 20 minutes and rinse with warm water. People with oily or combination skin can avoid adding cream, they can add multani mitti instead into the pack.
9. Rose Water:
Rose water is filled with antioxidants and vitamins that help to soothe irritated skin. It is also good for sensitive and oily skin. You can add rose water to homemade face packs and scrubs. Washing your face daily with rose water improves the skin tone and makes it clear. Never apply soap when you are washing your face with rose water. You can spritz some rose water to look fresh instantly.
10. Cumin Seeds:
Boil one teaspoon of cumin seeds in water and wash your face daily with this concoction to get a clearer complexion.
11. Tender Coconut Water:
Water from tender coconut also ensures a healthy and bright skin. Apply it twice daily to get fair skin free of scars and blemishes. Keep it for 15 minutes on your face and wash it off.
Papaya fruit contains an enzyme called papain that helps to exfoliate the skin, and this makes way for new skin cells to emerge.Papaya also contains vitamin C. Choose a green papaya to make your face mask, papain is most concentrated in a green papaya.
To make a papaya mask:
Peel and slice the papaya.
Put it in a blender to make a smooth paste.
Apply it on your skin and leave it for 20 minutes.
Rinse it away with warm water.
13. Gram Flour:
Gram flour is a great exfoliant that is gentle on the skin. It will exfoliate the skin without scratching and stretching. Take 2 tablespoons of gram or wheat flour and make a paste. Apply it on your face using an upward motion. Leave it to dry completely and then wash your skin with warm water. This will remove the dead skin cells and make your skin look naturally fresh. You can also add gram flour with rose water and turmeric for better results. Don?t apply soap on your face after you are done with this treatment.
14. Fuller?s Earth:
Fuller?s Earth also known as multani mitti helps to soak up oils, it is great for those who have acne prone oily skin. The minerals including lime, alumina and iron oxides present in multani mitti can give you a fair complexion. Fuller?s Earth is a mixture of montmorillonite minerals and bentonite and these minerals ensure a healthy glowing skin naturally.
15. Carrot and Avocado:
Mash one soft avocado and one cooked carrot. Blend it together with half cup of heavy cream, 1 egg, a dab of honey and spread it over your face and neck. Leave it for 15 minutes and then wash it off with cool water
A beautiful skin is something that everyone desires. But, a skin can look beautiful only if it is healthy. Having a healthy skin is very essential. You cannot have a healthy skin by only using artificial products and pampering yourself with parlor services. You must also eat right.
The following are nine foods that can help improve your skin health:
- Green Tea: Green tea is known to be very rich in antioxidants. It can help you to tackle the problem of inflammation and also protect your skin from skin cancer. Green tea can improve blood flow, make your skin smooth and can also protect your skin from U V rays.
- Eggs: Egg Yolk protects the skin from being damaged by UV rays since it contains carotenoid lutein. Eggs also contain sulfur, which help to make your skin glow and keep your skin healthy. Eggs are also high in protein and hence help to maintain the elasticity of your skin.
- Walnuts: Walnuts also help to improve your skin health. It helps the body to retain moisture. They contain Omega-3 fatty acids and also prevent the skin from being damaged by pollution.
- Olive oil: Using olive oil or extra virgin olive oil to cook your food can give you a healthy skin. Olive oils are rich in vitamin E and thus help you to gain a healthy looking skin from inside as well as outside.
- Orange: Oranges and even other fruits that are orange in color like papaya can help you to protect your skin from the harmful rays of the sun. They are also rich in vitamin C and can help you to obtain wrinkle- free, soft and smooth skin.
- Dark chocolate: Dark chocolates are rich in cocoa. It helps to protect the skin from UV rays, hydrates your skin and makes it glow.
- Tomato: Tomatoes are rich in antioxidants and lycopene. It prevents the skin from sun damage and also acts as a good anti-aging agent.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is also very good for your skin. It contains protein and helps reducing wrinkles.
- Berries: Berries like strawberries, raspberries contain vitamin C, which prevents skin aging and reduces wrinkles. It also acts as an anti-inflammatory agent.
Along with the above mentioned foods, you must also increase your water intake as it will keep your skin hydrated and make your skin healthy from both inside and outside.