Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. ArchanaYour feedback matters!
The pyramid diet was conceptualised in 1992 and it emphasises the best amount of servings to be consumed daily from the basic food groups (dairy, fruits and vegetables, grains, beans and legumes, meat, oils and fats).
The pyramid is divided into four levels. The very first level is comprised of grains, beans and legumes; the level above it is made up of fruits and vegetable; the third level from the top is composed of meat and dairy products and the very last one on top contains fats, sugars and oils.
The diet aims to divide the food groups in the above mentioned fashion to make you understand just how much to consume from each food group. Here is a breakdown of servings from each food group:
- Grains- 5 to 7 servings
- Fruits and vegetables- 2 servings of each
- Milk and dairy- 3 servings of which 1/2 serving should be dairy products
- Oils, sugar and fats- 6 teaspoons for oils and minimal servings for fats and sugars
This seems relatively easy to follow, but most people do not understand portion control. The amount or serving of food is called portion control and it is important if you want your diet to work. Here is a guideline that you can follow:
- When you are consuming one serving of grains in one sitting, you can choose to eat one cup of cereals or one slice of whole-wheat bread.
- When you are eating vegetable or fruits with your breakfast or lunch, choose one and a half cup of chopped vegetables, or one piece of orange, banana or apple.
- If you are drinking milk, then one cup of milk in one serving. And, if you are eating meat, choose one ounce of cooked fish or chicken.
- Lastly, do not go beyond one teaspoon of vegetable oil and try to keep your sugar intake to the minimum throughout the day.
The pyramid is an excellent guide to lose some weight. You just need some concentration and a ton of commitment to stick to the guide. Along with the diet, don't forget to get some exercise. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
I am 41 years old and having history of diabetic type-2 for past 6 years. Every year I ma doing heart check up and a per doctors it is ok. Is it enough to check up once in every year/ but some 1 ir 2 times I felt little pain in left side for few seconds and goes away. Why? But no other symptoms like sweating and all. Is it a cardiac problem?
I have gaps in my scalp, I recently shaved my head, can you please suggest me a proper diet so that I can grow my hair and increase its density.
I feel very bad to my black head spot and tanning on my body. So how can i reduce black head spot and tanning and glow to skin.
I am 22 year old boy, my hair falling continuously and weight became over weight I try to control my food then I feel head ache. what to do? please help me. Doctor.
I am suffering from kidney stones what is the medication, precautions to be taken and what diet to be followed.
I am losing hear quickly and have tried all shampoos but no effect yet. I am not sure what Elsa can I do. Can you please halo me with this.
Sir I have a back pain at left upper side but not shoulder please let me know the cause and how to cure please reply.
Hello doctor I am male and I am having hair fall issues what are the things that I can do to reduce them and have a healthy hair please do reply.
A movie about a pump operator’s son who goes on to become the captain of the Indian cricket team has to be inspiring and ‘MS Dhoni: The Untold Story’ proves that. Whether you like cricket or not; this movie has quite a few lessons to take home.
- Parents aren’t always right: For a pump operator, a job with the railways was a great achievement, but for Dhoni, it wasn’t enough. Imagine if he hadn’t followed his heart and had stuck to merely collecting tickets. Your parents always have your best interests at heart, but only you know what you really want to do. So, if you’re prepared to work hard, take a risk and follow your dreams.
- Never stop learning: Though Dhoni was an aggressive batsman from the beginning, he never stopped learning. His trademark helicopter shot was actually one he learnt from a fellow batsman. Don’t let your ego convince you that you have nothing more left to learn. At every stage of life, there’s always someone who knows a little more.
- Accept failure: Though he was the best cricketer in school, when Dhoni didn’t make the Under 19 team, he threw a party. Why? He realised he would have to work even harder to achieve his goal and being depressed wouldn’t help anyone. When something doesn’t work out your way, don’t let it get you down. Instead, understand what went wrong and learn from it.
- Work hard: Nothing good comes easy. Dhoni knew that and never shied away from a practise sessions even after a full day’s work. Even as a child, he finished his exams early so that he could practise with his club. Balance practicalities with passion and put your heart and soul into making your dreams come true.
- Get out of your comfort zone: Dhoni could have settled for a government job if he wanted a comfortable life. After all, it paid well and he had job security for life. However, he took a risk and decided to follow his passion. If you really want to achieve something extraordinary, don’t get trapped by your comfort zone.
- Have a hobby: Though cricket was Dhoni’s passion, he didn’t let it take over his life. When his professional life troubled him, Dhoni retreated into his garage to work on his bike or just took one out for a spin. This is Dhoni’s way on unwinding. What’s your way of unwinding? If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.