Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Aravinda JawaliYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor. My friend is suffering from extreme stress due to work levels in the office and cannot afford to take a leave and consult. so, please guide him through this stress. Thanking you.
I m tensed due to quiet memory problems since a year. I am not remembering about studies and gone blank in exam. Please help me. If you can.
I am smoking a lot how can I get the nicotine out or what should I use to remove the nicotine form my body.
My age is 49 yrs, I am a patient of bipolar disorder. What medicines shall I need to take to come out of the depression ?
I have not at all self-confidence, I feel very fear to keep my view to in front of my boss. I am very nervous. please help me.
My dad is a diabetic patient but he do drink alcohol. Is it harmful for his health? How can I convince him not to drink. Even he is not taking proper medicines. He is repeating same tables.
Hi. I am a 29 year old male. Well settled in life. But I have this tendency of over thinking. Especially health issues which has resulted in me developing this Anxiety Disorder. It's a really feeling. You have everything but you still feel that emptiness. Have a very caring and understanding wife. A well paying job. But because of this disorder I am unable to live my life fully. I am currently taking Etirest 0.5 mg and Fludac 20 since past couple of weeks. The situation is getting better. But as soon as I stop the medicines the problem re-occurs. Can anyone guide me please. One more thing. I have been diagnosed a couple of weeks back with hypertension which the doc is attributing to this Anxiety Disorder.
One doctor gave medicine for my daughter psychology problem, it gives more sleep to my daughter. Why?
She (28 year) is over sensitive and short tempered ,irritating. At the same time too much concerned about cleaning washing hand for longer time than usual when she is tensed but other thing she washes normally. Whenever I talk in high speech she react very rudely and sometime shout loudly and aggressively abused if her anger outburst. She takes pressure unnecessarily which is not concerned to her, and try to interfere everyone's thought according to her if it is not so, she annoyed with herself and start washing hand and she does it very cautiously. If she is disturbed again and again she will do. I consulted neuro psychiatrist and he prescribed medicine but she refused to take it due to fear that it may side effect or worsen the condition but doctor advised to continue. Then she promised to correct it by herself without medicine and now she is in better position but her anger outburst if something doesn't happen as per her wish. Now she is not able to control her anger and emotion even though she tried to do. And after sometime she relaxed and apologies for misbehaving and regret it. If I leave her to do those activity she becomes furious. If I try to stop hand washing she starts shouting. So what should I do, she wants to recover but without taking medicine. So old help me out to deal this situation because it is intolerable for me and making situation worsen day by day.
I have been under going depression for many days because of my parents. I feel like staying alone and far from my family. They always compare me with others.
Hi I am 21 years of age. And I'm not happy with my life. I am doing engineering now. What should I do? I do not have any bad addiction or good hobbies. What should I do?
Im suffering from over thinking and lost confidence levels. Im unable to control my mind thinking. What should I do. I tried yoga and failing.
Hello I want to know easy method to die I want to suicide. Now there's no hope no reason to live left. I read that inhaling nitrogen doesn't cause pain. But I don't know how to get it. Please suggest any method to die painlessly. Please it's urgent. Please don't suggest me to meet any psychiatrist or anything. I want to quit I don't have a single ₹ left. No family support please help me to die.
I am 20 years old. I m doing engineering. I feel memory loss. I can't study in concentrate. What is the solution? and foods? activities?
Depression is a very common emotion you might have experienced at least once during your lifetime. Depression refers to a state of mind when you are feeling low due to persistent sadness and loss of interest. But if the depression is chronic and long lasting for you, then it indicates that you are suffering from clinical depression. Under clinical depression, it is preferable that you go through a proper treatment course by a certified therapist. The Most common types of depressions are:
- Major depression - Under this type of a depression you will be depressed for most days of the week and if this condition extends for a period greater than 2 weeks, then it is a case of major depression. The most common method to treat a major depression is to talk to a mental health specialist and take medications called antidepressants (only after a prescription by a certified doctor).
- Persistent depressive disorder - This is a more severe and long lasting type of depression which is identified if you are depressed over a period longer than 2 hours. The most common symptoms of this type of a disorder are - change in your appetite, too much or too little sleep, lack of energy or fatigue, low self-esteem, trouble concentrating or making decisions, feeling hopeless among others.
- Bipolar disorder - If you are experiencing extreme ups and downs of mood abruptly and without any apparent reason, then you might be suffering from this disorder. This disorder is commonly known as a maniac depression, because during an up phase you will be extremely happy, joyful outgoing and talkative but during the low phase you will be sad, tired and depressed.
- Seasonal affective disorder - This type of a depression might bother you only during the winter season. This happens whenever the days are shorter and your body is not able to get enough of sunlight. This mostly happens in the case of people who are very fond of sunlight, and they prefer the sunshine over dark periods of the night. This disorder is treated by SAD antidepressants and everyday light therapy of 15 to 20 minutes.
- Psychotic depression - Under this type of a depression, you will have a major depression along with some psychotic symptoms like - hallucinations, delusions, and paranoia. Hallucinations mean viewing things that are not there, in reality, delusions are false beliefs or misconceptions and paranoia is the constant fear that somebody is going to harm you.