Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AravindaYour feedback matters!
My wife was pregnant and pregnancy was of 8 weeks. But got miscarriage, so we get abortion done as per doctors suggestion and this has happened twice in one year (last time I. E. 7 months back) abortion was done by medicine). We want to plan for a baby, so pls suggest when can we plan it. I.E how much time gap should we take to plan for baby as abortion has been done last week.
I am 29 years old. Pregnant with twins. Had pcod and took tablets for ovulation. Now 8 weeks pregnant. I do not want to continue with twins. What is the future complications if I terminate this pregnancy.
I had spotting after 2 months of conception. I consulted my gynaecologist and she has given me naturogest 200mg tablet to eat morning and night. After taking that tablet , exactly after 2 hours I am feeling dizzy. I don't have the spotting now. Should I continue this tablet ?
The ovaries are the egg producing organs, an essential part of the female reproductive system, they are responsible for the production of estrogen and release an egg every month. If the egg is fertilized with a sperm it can result in a pregnancy.
Ovarian cysts are quite common among women. Ovarian cysts are known to be small sacs filled with fluid that are situated in the ovaries.
Causes of ovarian cysts: Among ovarian cysts, the most common one is called the 'functional cyst'. This type of cyst is generally formed during the process of ovulation, wherein either the eggs do not successfully release from the sac or the sac (follicle) fails to disintegrate properly after the release of the egg.
Certain factors that can cause ovarian cysts are:
- Age that is ovarian cysts are more likely to occur in women who have reached menopause
- Being overweight or obese
- Consumption of fertility drugs
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Family history of ovarian cysts and cancer
- Early menstruation, that is, the onset of the period before the age of 11
Symptoms related to ovarian cysts: Generally, ovarian cysts show no specific symptoms and are generally located during a physical examination or an ultrasound. But, in case you suffer from large cysts or those that have ruptured, you may experience certain signs like:
- Pain while having sex. Great discomfort may be felt, particularly when deep penetration is attempted.
- Pain in the lower abdominal and pelvic region. This pain may be intermittent or persistent. It can also vary from being mild to quite sharp.
- Irregularity in the menstrual cycle.
- An uncomfortable pressure in the lower abdominal and pelvic area.
- Acute pain in the pelvic area and the lower back all throughout the menstrual period.
- Pain in the pelvic area after a session of vigorous exercise or strenuous physical activity.
- A feeling of discomfort or pain while urinating or during bowel movements.
- Nausea, followed by vomiting.
- Pain in the vaginal area, or light bleeding.
- Problems with healthy bowel movements.
Hi. I am 23yrs female n married. My menses was on 3rd Oct. Since then I have vaginal itching and burning sensation. Initially it was bearable. I had anti allergy twice. But no help. And now I am very much uncomfortable. Can you help for instant relief.
I am priya 29 years old, I am suffering from heat boils on my vagina and its hurting from 1 week. Kindly help me.
Hi, Im 27 year old male and going to get married in few months. I'm virgin. How many times I and my wife need to have sex to have a baby. Is it safe to have sex once in a week. If I insert sperms inside my wife's vagina every time we have sex, how much times we need to do this to have a baby.
My name is ANJALI SHARMA. Age-18 I have irregular mensuration. Every month date shifts upto 15 days. Help.
Hymen may be lacerated by disease, injury, medical examination, sex etc. Someone told me that finger break hymen and it hurts a bit and if you don't feel pain while using finger than its a sign that you don't have the hymen. Is it true? Is it a fact? And if that girl is virgin and never have any accident, disease, medical examination or any other factor which can be the reason of missing hymen so is it normal to don't have a hymen?
The word surgery has always been associated with the use of scalpel. However, a new form of surgery called laser surgery has developed, which instead of using the orthodox method uses laser to cure the infirmity. In this form of surgery, laser tuned to specific wavelengths, is emitted on the concerned area with the purpose of vaporizing the tissues that have high water content for the purpose of rectification. It is commonly used in:
- Dermatology and plastic surgery
- Eye Surgery
- Endovascular surgery
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Oral and Dental Surgery
Though the technique involves risks, it has over the years gained immense popularity due to multiple reasons. Few among them are:
- Provides immediate results: This is one of the main reasons why laser surgery is preferred to conventional methods. Commonly used in the eye, laser surgeries result in significant improvement in vision, allowing the concerned person to do away with the dependence on spectacles.
- Precision involved: Using the laser instead of the scalpel allows the method to be more precise and effective than the traditional method. Minimum damage is done to the tissue as there are smaller cuts involved.
- Less time: Due to the technique used, the time involved in laser surgeries is reasonably less, providing more time for recuperation than what is generally allowed in the traditional methods.
- Provides more career options and opportunities: Laser surgery, owing to its technique, offers corrective measures which the traditional method does not. This aspect of the surgery allows the patients to consider and explore other professions which were previously not possible. Professions like air force and the army have stringent rules regarding vision of the candidates. Laser surgery which provides an individual the freedom to operate without glasses and contact lenses also allows him or her to consider such professions.
Related Tip: "How Safe is Laser Surgery for Facial Hair Removal??"
Hai. Am 23 years old. Am having pcod. Through treatment we r planning. My LMP is 27/8/16. Today taken beta hcg. Value is 13. Am pregnant or not. Whether I need to wait or not. Chances are there or not. Pls help me.
I am 20 years old. I m too short in height bt health is good. My breast are too small. Please suggest me to increase my height and to make my breasts larger and make my nipples tight.
My wife is having white discharge problem from 2 years. I have taken her to many doctors but non work. Can anyone suggest me anything.
• Accept there is a no exchange-no return policy where your body is concerned! You have only one body – so make the most of it.
• Start with the top of your head and list the things about your body that you like – your hairs, eyes, shape of your nose, skin, ears, length of legs, ankles, shape of your fingers, etc.
• Look at ways of enhancing your best features and dressings to suit your body and size.
• List the things about your body that you would like to improve.
• Now list those improvements that are within your own control and require the intervention of a reasonable diet, or some lifestyle changes.
• Start making those changes and celebrate each step towards improving your body images.
My problem is period. Not available from 2 to 3 month and bilateral polysist disease of Overy. please help me. I want to baby. What was possible? Tell me.
Hello Respected Doctors I am 47 years old and my wife age 30 years today evening we did sexual intercourse. During intercourse condom broke in middle and me finished inside her vagina. Her last period end 4th may. Is is better to take unwanted 72 next day morning?
Homeopathy for Women
Painful menstrual periods (dysmenorrhea)
Painful menstruation (dysmenorrhea) is one of the most common gynecological disorders. Many women experience sharp, dull, throbbing or cramping pains in the lower abdomen just before or during their periods. There may be also symptoms of nausea, vomiting, sweating and dizziness.
Primary and secondary dysmenorrhea:
Dysmenorrhea can be classified as either primary or secondary based on the absence or presence of an underlying cause.
Primary dysmenorrhea is common menstrual cramps.
Secondary dysmenorrhea is caused by a disorder in the woman`s genital organs.
Common causes of secondary dysmenorrhea include:
Endometriosispelvic inflammatory diseaseuterine fibroidsovarian cystscervical stenosis
Homeopathic treatment for painful periods:
A number of homeopathic medicines can help control the pain as well as actually prevent the menstrual cramps.
Homeopathy is an effective natural treatment with no side effects.
Some homeopathic medicines have a local action (they alleviate the cramps only) and provide fast pain relief.
They are used during painful periods only. Others are called constitutional (chronic) medicines and target the root cause of dysmenorrhea. Constitutional medicines are a deep acting treatment that eliminates not only the menstrual cramps but also brings whole body balance.
The most common homeopathic medicines for fast pain relief include:
Belladonna - Intense throbbing pain with sudden onset, cramps get worse from touch or jolts.
Chamomilla - The woman can`t stand any pain and gets irritable and angry when in pain; passive movement, such as riding in a car or rocking her body alleviate pain.
Cimicifuga - Pain is proportional to the flow - the more they bleed, the stronger the pain; stiffness of neck and shoulders.
Colocynthis - Intolerable cramps; the woman is restless and bent over. Applying pressure on the abdomen or heat relieve the pain. Painful periods are often triggered by anger or suppressed indignation.
Magnesia phosphorica - Cramps relieved by pressure or warmth; right side abdominal pain is more common.
Veratrum album - Severe menstrual cramps accompanied by nausea, vomiting and sweating; heavy flow; tired and chilly woman.
Take them regularly throughout the day, not just when pain becomes difficult to cope with. In severe dysmenorrhea, for best results start taking them a day or two before the onset of your menstrual flow.
For well selection of the medicine consult a doctor. Avoid self medication.