Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. AravindaYour feedback matters!
Endometriosis: causes and treatment
Endometriosis is a chronic disorder that occurs when tissues, which form the inner lining of the uterus - known as the endometrium - are found outside the uterus. This abnormal growth of endometrial tissue can take place on any part of the pelvic and abdominal regions such as the ovaries, fallopian tubes, cervix, vagina, vulva, bladder, etc. Rare occurrences of endometriosis can also happen in the lungs, on the arms, and thighs among others.
There is tremendous research underway with regard to the causes of endometriosis in women as the exact root of its occurrence has not been determined.
The most plausible explanations for the development of this disease are as follows:
1. Retrograde menstruation: the most likely cause of endometriosis, this happens when menstrual blood and tissue backs up into the fallopian tubes and pelvis instead or getting expelled from the body. These displaced endometrial tissues then stick to the pelvic walls and grow on other organs in the region.
2. Endometrial cell transport: endometrial cells and tissues are often transported through blood and lymph vessels to various parts of the body where they start to thrive.
3. Embryonic cell growth: embryonic cells that line the walls of the pelvic and abdominal cavities often turn into endometrial tissue, which causes endometriosis.
4. Surgical scars: endometrial cells often get surgically transplanted to scars in the abdomen and pelvis during surgical procedures such as c-sections or hysterectomies.
5. Immune system disorder: dysfunction of the immune system prohibits the elimination of endometrial tissue outside the uterus.
6. Foetal development: endometriosis can occur in a foetus that retains endometrial tissue, which develops into the disease later in life when triggered by pubertal hormones (hormones that trigger puberty).
7. Hormones: endometriosis is stimulated by the hormone oestrogen, which leads to the disease when it reaches abnormal levels.
Endometriosis is a curable condition. The common treatments include:
1. Pain medicines: over-the-counter painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs help relieve the agony of endometriosis and burning menstruation.
2. Hormone therapy: the administration of certain hormones such as birth-control pills and other hormonal contraceptives, as well as drugs that block stimulation of the ovaries are effective in suppressing the development of endometriosis.
3. Surgery: this resorts to only when all other methods of treatment have failed. The initial surgical approach is to remove the extra-uterine endometrial growth. However, some cases might require a hysterectomy with complete removal of the uterus and ovaries.
I had sex on 4th day of my periods that Is on 22nd January at 5 pm and my first day of periods is 19th January. I take unwanted 72 on 25th January at 1 pm and after that I had lower abdomen pain. After 5 days that is on 31st January I had a vaginal bleeding for 3 days but the flow was slow. Now today is 22nd February and my this month periods doesn't come. I want to known is it pregnancy or what.
I am 22 years old female. I never had acne in my life and I had fair glowing face. I am a hypothyroid patient and since 4 months I did not get my periods. I consulted a doctor and taking medicines for it. But since a month I had severe red spots on my cheeks. I never get pimples there at all. I am unable to identify whether its acne or some allergy. Pls help me.
While we having sex condom broke and sperms leaked in vagina. Took I pill without seeing it's expired date. Does expired contraceptive pill works if not what should do further and how should women know she is safe from pregnancy.
Hi doctor, I have pcod and I am taking myo inositol and metformin. But my period is delayed for 13 days. My pregnancy test is negative 4 days ago. My doctor said that tablets helping regulate period. I am confused. Am I pregnant. Pls help me.
I am having pcod problem, so I have gone for IVF treatment once, but I had miscarriage in 2nd month because of baby development is not good. Please suggest me.
Vaginal discharge with cheese like smell. I am diabetic but diabetes under control. Fasting 4.7 and pp 5.3.I have irregular periods. period comes after 8 days or 13 days after I take bath. Recurrent vaginal infection itching burning. I use vaginal cream and fungal treatment after that good for some days but comes again. Please help me.
My friend has abnormal vaginal bleeding she took contraceptive pills 11 days before. And her menstruation period lies on 24to 27.
Hello ,i was pregnant and it was my first pregnancy ,i aborted with misoprostol and its been a month now, I did an ultra sound and it left me with cysts and fibrous substance on both ovaries and my uterus became small ,please help me ,my periods are not back yet.
• Do not drink more than 2 – 3 cups of tea/coffee during summer; it tends to dehydrate your body. It is diuretic that leads to loss of water from body
• Ensure 8 – 10 glasses of water each day
• Load yourself with water based fruits & vegetables like watermelon, musk melon, apple, peach, blueberries, kiwi, cucumber, zucchini etc
• Make yourself a fruit salad:-
a) Toss your favorite seasonal fruit mangoes, strawberries with plain yoghurt and honey to suit your taste
b)Take cubes of cucumber, add it to curd. Flavor it with a tempering of olive oil + curry leaves + mustard seeds + slit green chilies
• Make a glass of fruit juice: -
a) Deseed water melon & freeze for 20 minutes. Take it and blendrise it; add a pinch of black salt, white pepper powder & lime juice to add a zing to your drink
b) Blend 2 tsp of mint with lime juice, water, ice & ginger juice. Serve it chilled; garnished with mint leaves
• Cold soups like gazpacho is a good option too