Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gastroenterologists online in BENGALURU. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Aravind Gubbi
Submit a review for Dr. Aravind GubbiYour feedback matters!
Very experienced and the best doctor I have come across, Dr. Aravind was very patient and took lot of time in explaining the problem after diagnosis.
Hello Dr. this is MD afsar Ali and I am suffering from gastric problem when ever I eat something it doesn't digest and it cause acidity occur so please advice me what can I do plz.
Two days before I had checked LFT-SERUM. Bilirubin Total: 1.6 mg Bilirubin Direct (Diazo/Cobas C 311): 0.4 mg bilirubin Indirect: 1.20 mg SGOT (AST): 58 U/L SGPT (ALT): 172U/L Alkaline Phosphatase (Serum): 196 U/L Protein (Total Serum): 6.9gm Albumin (Serum): 4.1gm Globulin: 2.80gm A/G ratio: 1.46:1 In this test result SGPT is very high. Which type of treatment I required. Is it cause any damages to my liver. I am diagnosed with Gilbert's Syndrome 10 years before, I don't have under any medication. Is any relation between Gilbert's Syndrome and SGPT level.
Hi My mother facing some stomach issue from many times I have suggested with local doctors but she yet not get any relief. Vo jo bhi khata h unko digest nhi hota h pure din bachani si rehti h pet m tezab bnta h. Bhut baar khata he washroom chili jati h.Plz suggest for betterment. Thanks.
Peptic ulcer indicates the growth of painful ulcers or sores in the lining of your stomach, digestive tract or small intestine. Ulcers, though curable, can result in serious health problems if are not treated at an early stage. Peptic ulcers occur as a result of the reaction of pepsin and stomach acid. There are many causes responsible for the growth of peptic ulcers; they are mentioned below:
- Smoking regularly
- Consuming alcohol
- Taking medicines like aspirin, painkillers frequently
- Production of excess acid
- Radiation Therapy
The most common symptoms of peptic ulcer are as follows:
- A burning sensation in the stomach
- Vomiting or nausea
- Pain in the abdomen region
- A burning sensation in your heart
- Loss of appetite and weight
- Passage of blood through stool
Homeopathy offers effective remedies for peptic ulcer. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Crotalus horridus: This is an effective homeopathic medicine for treating peptic ulcer. If you show symptoms of frequent vomiting and passage of blood with vomit, then your doctor may recommend you this medicine.
- Graphites: If you experience a burning sensation in your stomach, your doctor may advice you this medicine.
- Uranium Nitricum: It is usually recommended for ulcers in the small intestine region and gastric ulcer.
- Calc ars: This medicine may be recommended to you by doctors if you show symptoms like pain in your stomach.
- Argentum nit: Your doctor may recommend you this medicine if you show symptoms of vomiting or indigestion.
Along with the aforesaid remedies, a change in lifestyle is also required to cure peptic ulcer completely. Self-medication is never recommended. Above given are just a few of the numerous homeopathic medicines that used to treat peptic ulcer. It is recommended to consult a specilized homeopath.
Hello I am having problem with my tight anal sphincter tone. Since my sphincter tone tight I cannot pass hard stools easily and recently I got fissures but almost all fissures got cured, but my anus got swollen but it is not curing, and I don't have any hemorrhoids, please help me how to cure my swollen anus and loose my sphincter tone.
Irritable bowel syndrome is a disorder of the large intestine. It may cause abdominal pain, bloating, diarrhea and constipation. The condition is not life threatening in nature and does not make you susceptible to colon disorders such as Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis and colon cancer, however, symptoms of IBS may act as deterrents in leading a normal life.
The symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome are:
- You may experience symptoms of constipation
- Frequent episodes of diarrhea
- Abdominal cramps especially on the lower part of the abdomen
- Constant bloating
- Abnormal stool structure
- You belly might stick out
In some cases, you may experience sexual problems and urinary problems. In addition, if you also suffer from stress related disorders then it might aggravate the symptoms.
The primary cause is that the colon becomes very sensitive such that small stimulation may cause it to react. When the food passes through the colon, it tends contract strongly and leads to complications, such as bloating and constipation. It may also lead to weak contractions of the colon which leads to hardened stool.
There are certain things which may symptoms of IBS, they are:
- Stress: Any type of stress tends to aggravate symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome.
- Foods: Certain foods such as chocolate, spices, cabbage, milk and carbonated beverages may trigger symptoms of IBS.
- Hormones: Hormonal changes such as the ones during menstrual cycles may aggravate symptoms of IBS.
- Illnesses: Various illnesses such as diarrhea or conditions such as overproduction of bacteria in the intestines may lead to symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome.
Women are more likely to be affected by symptoms of IBS as are people who are below 45 years of age. If someone in your family has irritable bowel syndrome, then you are also likely to develop this disorder. It may also aggravate symptoms of hemorrhoids, along with aggravating symptoms of stress.
What is the best way to get rid of gastric issue as it irritates a lot and I feel very uncomfortable. Please help with a solution.
I am having occasional muscle twitching on my body, some times on lower arm, some times on legs and some times on abdomen. I get at least 3 twitches every day and it lasts for few seconds, the first twitch I got in was year 1999, when I got twitch in wrist but I did no medical checkup. Now you please tell me that should I go for eeg, I have heard that emg is costly and I cannot afford. No pain. Is it normal or not.
Gastritis is a very common health issue and is faced by all all age groups. There are many factors that lead to gastritis or compound the already existing situation. Basically, gastritis is swelling of stomach lining. Spicy food, medicines, tobacco, alcohol etc. can cause or increase the gastric acid production and disturb, weaken or damage the normal stomach lining.
Gastritis is of two types:
- Acute gastritis, which occurs suddenly
- Chronic gastritis, which develops over a period of time
In India, gastritis is a very common disorder which occurs at any age but is more widespread in the adolescent age group (12-17 years).
Gastritis occurs when there is an imbalance between the acid production and damage to the stomach lining, resulting in swelling of the stomach lining. However, sometimes gastritis can cause pain in the upper part of the abdomen and may lead to stomach ulcers.
Symptoms of gastritis vary among individuals, and in many people there are even no symptoms. It also depends on the duration of disease, whether it is acute (happening suddenly) or chronic (causing symptoms over a long period of time).
The most common symptoms of acute gastritis include:
- Water brashes (sour fluid or tasteless saliva into the mouth)
- Belching (expelling air from the stomach through the mouth)
- Abdominal bloating or stomach fullness
- Upper abdominal pain or discomfort
- Nausea/feeling of vomiting
- Irregular bowel movement
- Recurrent indigestion
Simple natural ways to treat gastritis:
- Taking half a gram of long pepper powder with honey is an effective way to curb gastritis. It is advisable to take this mixture twice a day.
- Triphla powder is a very good Ayurvedic remedy to treat gastritis. Boil one tablespoon of Triphla powder in one glass of water, reduce it to half its content and then filter it. Consume it hot after dinner.Fennel seeds also very efficiently deals with the condition of gastritis. It is advisable to chew half a teaspoon of fennel seeds after food to keep gastritis at bay.
- Readily available lemon also helps relieve feeling of nausea and bloating. Having lemon juice subsides vomiting sensation and bloating.
- Triphla powder is a very good Ayurvedic remedy to treat gastritis. Boil one tablespoon of Triphla powder in one glass of water, reduce it to half its content and then filter it. Consume it hot 20 minutes after dinner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.