Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Arati DevkarYour feedback matters!
I had itching problems in my upper thies. After taking medicine it cured but still now the black skin presents. What kind of ointment I want to take.
After a few minutes of foreplay with my wife, when I start intercourse, I ejaculate very soon. In 2 minutes, because I get very excited. So please tell is it normal, or something to do with this.
Hi, On Dialysis .Having bp. Thyroid. Tests done for potassium phosphorus it's high HB is 7 Creatinine after Dialysis not coming down it's 10 now Twice Dialysis in a week.Please suggest me something.
Hi, My dad is suffering from fever from past one week with a backache. Doctor just advice us to do some routine tests. Following are some results for the test haemoglobin- 10.3, lymphocytes - 18%, Dengue and malaria tests are negative, platelets count is 80 thousand that usually remains in this range only. He is diabetic and when he was diagnosed with low platelets, doctor said that he is having thrombocytopenia. Now I am getting worried for my dad. Kindly provide me the best direction for further investigation as now I am thinking that the present doctor who is checking up my dad doesn't seem me convincing. Thanks.
Children are much more susceptible to tooth decay and gum disorders than grown-ups. This is because the gum and teeth in toddlers are very delicate. Moreover, children are more attracted to sweets and other food items, which cause damage to the teeth.
Here are several ways to protect the teeth of your little one:
- Have a dental checkup: You should take your child to a dentist on his first birthday. Early prevention is important as any kind of problem in the teeth will be detected and this will save you from a lot of trouble in the future.
- Teaching healthy habits: Brushing is very important and you should teach your child to brush regularly, more than once a day. Before the development of teeth in your baby, you should brush his gums gently by using water on a soft baby toothbrush or with a clean and soft cloth. After developing teeth, brushing must be practiced with delicate toothbrushes and fluoridated toothpaste. If several teeth touch against each other, you should use flossing. Brushing is essential before going to bed, and no food should be taken after brushing.
- Prevent "baby bottle decay": You should not let your child go to sleep with a bottle of juice or milk. The sugar contained in these liquids sticks to the child's teeth, which activates bacteria and may lead to tooth decay.
- Avoid giving juice to your child: Juice may be healthy for the body, but it leads to tooth decay in little kids. The amount of regular juice intake should never be above four ounces.
- Avoid excess use of a sippy cup: Sippy cups enable children to shift from bottles to a glass. However, all day long usage of sippy cups should be restricted as it may cause decay on the front and back portions of teeth, when the drinks are rich in sugar.
- Be careful about sweet medicines: Many medicines meant for children are sugary and stick to the teeth, increasing the chance of cavities. Several antibiotics cause overgrowth of Candida or yeast and cause an oral disease known as oral thrush. This disease causes creamy patches on the tongue. In case your child needs sweet medicines, brushing should be increased.
- Stop using a pacifier by the age of 2 or 3: Pacifiers are good for children, but using pacifiers for a long period of time affects the lining of teeth. The shape of the mouth may also change. Hence, do not let your child use pacifiers after 2 or 3 years of age.
Children are quite prone to teeth disorders and decay in the teeth. Hence, measures must be taken to protect the teeth of children from any kind of disorder.