Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arathy Gopal
Submit a review for Dr. Arathy GopalYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years female. I have swelling on my foot, hands, and even on my face. Sometimes I have pain in my heels. My blood sugar fasting is 76, uric acid 4.5, esr 6, blood urea 28.9, serum creatinine 0.9 I have thyroid test too that is 2.29 when I do lit bit work it creates more restlessness to me. I want to know the reason exactly.
Dear sexologist, my wife not like anal sex. She like that I licked her anus in my tongue regularly. .how I clean her anus to licked her anus. Please give me strong recommended methods to clean. She like very much. So I want to give her happy. Its her wishes.
I had my last periods on 15th Oct and sex on 30th Oct. I got negative hcg test but still I feel I am pregnant. I don't want this. Can I take abortion pill. Please guide wat to do? If I m not pregnant and I ll take abortion pill then what will happen. Please help me? Which pill to take and how.
My girlfriend used unwanted 72 two weeks ago. Today, she tested pregnancy with prega news pregnancy test kit. It shows positive. Why? And what should I do now?
The perception of happiness has changed drastically over the past few decades. The constant pursuit has resulted in over expectation. Nobody wants to adjust or do any form of compromise today. Even the concept that “Marriages are made in heaven” stands as a question mark and the divorce rates are constantly rising. So, if you don’t want to settle with a legal notice and try to give another chance to make a comeback, a set of specialized therapists called counselors are waiting with their arms open, trying to let you know the cause of your unhappiness.
Marriage is all about commitment, devotion, spirituality, chemistry and even hard work. Don’t get amazed by the word ‘hard work’ here. This is a ‘must-have’. You have to work on anything and everything to continue the way it was and counselors simply guide you by listening to your problems. Seeking a counselor’s help instead of ruining it till the last is a good indication that you still want to put your efforts into this marriage. They listen to your problems and provide solutions accordingly to make it work for you over a long term.
So, before calling it an end, give it a chance and visit a counselor to act on whatever is left of this union. They are problem solvers and with their skills and advice, things can be normal as before.
- Marriage counselors will guide you throughout without being biased, helping you with ways to resolve a conflict. Good communication skill is a very important for a healthy marriage, and a good guide about it will help you in listening to each other.
- It’s obvious to expect in a relationship and presenting about your needs carefully before your spouse will help in building the much-needed understanding. So how should you work on it? You’ve counselors to show you the path.
- The art of talking can be improved during counseling sessions. Without being offensive, you can then be assertive and place your words into the situation.
- For the unresolved issues, there will also be a solution. During sessions, the marriage counselor gives you an environment to speak your heart out, and you can simply elaborate on how you feel when things get messy. Based on your answers, you will have solutions to your problems. Open out about your feelings more and more so that your spouse can understand the effort and vice versa.
- Without the quarrels, understanding will be much deeper, and you may seem to find out ways to work it just the way you wanted your marriage to be.
Marriage needs monitoring in every aspect. So before it’s too late, grab your chance to avoid the guilt that you may have later on. If your hearts have clicked before, a little effort will reunite it again. Give counseling a chance to protect yourself from future regrets.
If you want to have a safe pregnancy by curtailing all sorts of complications, then you have to promptly respond to warning bells. There are certain warning symptoms that should not be neglected at all as that might put your pregnancy in danger.
- Bleeding- Although a little spotting may happen at the time of implantation of the pregnancy at the time of the expected period, any bleeding at any time in pregnancy can be a warning sign of a problem with the pregnancy and hence should be promptly evaluated by your doctor.
- Swollen face or hands: Slightly swollen face or legs in pregnancy are normal, but if you observe excessive puffiness, especially on your feet and ankles or abdomen, then it is a warning sign as it might be a sign of toxaemia or PIH. Therefore, consulting a doctor is very much needed in this regard.
- Abdominal pain: Round ligament pain is quite normal, and you do not have to worry about the same. But if the pain is accompanied by bleeding, or keeps increasing in intensity or duration, then the danger of miscarriage might come into being, and thus you should be vigilant about it and visit your doctor for proper examination.
- Blurring vision or severe headache: Sudden development of headache, blurred vision or dizziness can be a sign of pre eclampsia and should not be ignored in pregnancy.
- Itching: Itching over abdomen & breasts is common during pregnancy mostly due to stretching and dryness of the skin. But if it continues for long,or involves the soles of feet & hands, then you should check the same with your doctor for avoiding liver disorder.
- Fever: The basal body temperature is a little higher in pregnancy and that is normal. However, during pregnancy the immunity against viral and bacterial infections is also reduced . Fever may be a sign of infection and may lead to preterm labour and other complications. Hence it should be promptly treated.
- Unwanted back pain: Mild backache in pregnancy is alright, but excessive pain might indicate bladder or kidney infections, preterm labour, miscarriage or cyst. All these conditions should be essentially avoided and promptly treated to ensure a healthy pregnancy.
- Gushing of fluid: If you are not in labour, but are feeling wet constantly, then it is better to see a doctor. There might be a possibility of breaking of water, and this can be quite harmful in the advanced stage of pregnancy.
- Less movement of baby: Experiencing baby kicking is quite natural during the second half of pregnancy, and if movements decrease significantly or stop suddenly, then it can be a sign of distress for the baby. Kicking patterns should be followed andand significant change should be evaluated
- Urinary symptoms: Increased frequency of urination is common in pregnancy , but if it is associated with pain/ burning sensation or bleeding, it can be a sign of Urinary tract infection which should be promptly treated to avoid complications. If you are facing any of the above symptoms, then immediately visit your doctor. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
For a mother, the first few months after delivery are crucial since the uterus after expanding due to delivery, shrinks back to its normal size. Moreover the tendons, ligaments and muscles connected to the uterus begin to regain the power and strength lost during labor. A lot of emphasis is put on postnatal care in ayurveda.
Ayurveda suggested diet tips:
According to your digestive system, you must take sesame oil i.e. Til oil and ghee clarified butter after mixing it with panchkola. Once this mixture has been digested, you must consume rice gruel and milk that is medicated with vidharigandhadi gana or panchkola. Apart from these, you must consume jaggery water for about a week. After a week, you must eat foods that are easily digestible to help you regain your strength.
Do's and don'ts:
1. Do massage yourself with vatahara oil
2. Do bathe with warm water
3. Do keep your perineum and breasts clean
4. Do urinate every 5 hours
5. Do breastfeed properly
6. Don't consume food irregularly
7. Don't have stale or cold food
8. Don't retain urine or feces
9. Don't indulge in sex or exercise
Ayurvedic medicines and herbs:
All the medicines and herbs mentioned below are never advised together. An ayurvedic specialist will usually give you a combination of a few medicines depending on your symptoms and condition.
1. Dashamoolarishtam: dashamoolarishtam is extremely effective in boosting your immunity and keeping infections at bay. It is usually prescribed for the first few months as it also helps reduce inflammation and pain.
2. Jeerakarishtam: jeerakarishtam is well known for inducing normal lactation, and is usually prescribed to mothers during the monsoon or winter seasons. This is because it keeps the body warm owing to its hot nature.
3. Shatavari gulam: improve lactation and achieve overall hormonal balance by consuming shatavari gulam.
4. Pulileham: pulileham is administered to new mothers from the third week onwards for about a month and half.
5. Shatavari: shatavari herb is mixed with boiling milk to improve the production of breast milk and avoid post partum depression. It is also useful for normal involution of the uterus.
6. Musta: apart from improving breast milk production, musta herbs also relieves clogs in milk ducts and inflammation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult our ayurvedic specialist.
I have a less bleeding in my periods nd also its not for 5 days its over in 2-3 days only sometimes its irregular also.
Today I had done ultrasound & it shows sac is 11.3 mm, with no heartbeat, 4 weeks 2 day pregnancy but doctor told me it should be 6 weeks pregnancy according to my lmp, which was 15 oct & today is 28 nov. Pls help me out to understand this.
The practice of drinking cold milk during this fast/ this day has its origins in science. Sharad ritu (Autumn season = Ashwin & Kartik maas) brings in very hot days and cool nights. During such weather, ‘pitta’ or acidity or the body heat becomes predominant in our body. Consumption of milk & rice flakes is a good remedy for ‘pitta’.
- There is also a close connection between the moon and the Sharad Purnima day – the moon is believed to be close to the earth on the day and it is believed that moon’s rays contain nourishing elements. People believe that as the moon is nearest to the earth on the day and as moon’s rays has several curative properties it will be helpful to human beings. So people spend the evening under moonlight.
- Chandra, the moon god, is associated with herbs and medicine in Hinduism. The rays are believed to be associated with mental health, Depression, Emotions, Mood Swings, Cold, Phlegm, Asthma, Distress, Insomnia, Weak Left eye, Breasts and womb effected in Astrology. The rays being cooling in nature suppress the body heat.
- The showering of Bhakti Raas on the Sharad Purnima night by Krishna on Gopis and Radha has been the main theme for poets and philosophers and still continues to attract the fantasies of common man. The Sharad Purnima night is also seen as the night of love and couples come out at night to face the moon and express their love. Therefore, Sharad purnima becomes the night of pure unconditional love and meditation.
- Meditation for at least 5 minutes in front of the "moon amrit shower" brings peace and health to the mind and the body ( The ideal timing for meditation tonight is 8.50 pm to 12.10 am).