Find numerous Audiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Audiologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Apurva KumarYour feedback matters!
My mother is 48 years old and she is unable to hear slowly she is hearing very loudly. Please suggest me the solution. Operation/ lager treatment/hearing machine. What is the better for her. She is suffering from last 8 yrs.
Hi I am 25 years old I have hearing problem i'm not able to hear properly I realize that I have some heavy particles in it kindly suggest me which type of problem I have in my ear before some days I feel whistle sound in my ear also? I am so scared about it what should I do kindly give me the revert asap?
I am a 37 years old male, and nowadays I am hearing a hissing sound / ringing sensation in my ears since the last few weeks. This sensation becomes more prominent at some times and less at others. I would also like to mention that my nose is blocked during each night and I have to use Otrivin spray to decongest it. Please advise.
The partial or total inability to hear is known as hearing impairment or hearing loss. It can be present at birth, or develop later in life.
There are a number of factors, which may cause hearing loss
1. Age - Age is the biggest factor when it comes to the loss of hearing, and you may lose the ability to hear as you age. This condition is known as presbycusis. It becomes difficult to understand high-frequency sounds like that of a child or a woman when you get old.
2. Noise - When you are exposed to loud noises for a prolonged period of time, it damages your ears. This leads to loss of hearing. 5% of the total population of the world is affected by noise (the degree of suffering varies). It may be a result of continuous exposure to loud music or a sudden exposure to a loud noise like an explosion.
3. Hereditary disorders - Hearing disorder may be inherited by the dominant or recessive genes of parents in the child. 70-80% of these cases inherit from the recessive genes, whereas 20-25% inherit hearing loss from the dominant genes.
4. Trauma - Serious injuries of the head/ears may cause loss of hearing, which may be either temporary or permanent. When damage is caused to the brain, the brain fails to process the message conveyed by the ears. So even if the ears are totally functional, a person may face the problem in hearing.
5. Perinatal problems - The ototoxic effects on the fetus due to excess intake of alcohol during pregnancy lead to hearing the loss in about 64% of the infants born to alcoholic mothers.
Also, premature birth can be associated with hearing loss due to high risk of being exposed to noise in neonatal units.
Knowing about the causes of hearing loss can lead you a step closer to preventing this disorder as you age.
Here are some useful tips that can help prevent hearing loss:
1. Be more aware - You should be diligent and aware of the situations, which may risk your hearing ability and should try to avoid such situations as much as possible. Limit your exposure to sources of hazardous noises like firearms, firecrackers, concerts and clubs.
2. Take precautionary measures - If your occupation calls for working at an environment of loud noises, use earplugs or earmuffs to block out the excessive noise. Also, make sure that you work in a place where employers take all the necessary measures of noise control under the federal or state regulations.
3. Monitor your use of gadgets - Monitor and control the use of hearing devices, and try to reduce the use of headphones/ earphones as much as possible. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
My hear is falling day by day it increase more and more my hear remove to stop my hear problem what can I do.
Bone Anchored Hearing Aid (BAHA) is a device surgically implanted to help people suffering from a loss of hearing. Most conventional hearing aids transmit sound through air conduction. The BAHA device is suitable for conductive or mild-moderate mixed hearing loss.
Problems with hearing in the middle or outer ears can be helped with the BAHA device. The sound waves received by the BAHA device bypass the middle ear and get delivered straight to the functioning cochlea in both ears.
A BAHA device comprises of two parts:
- The processor
- A fixture which is surgically implanted behind the ear in the bone.
The implant is embedded in the bone. The processor, which remains outside, is attached to the implant. There is a microphone on the processor that picks up sounds. The sounds are passed on to the implant. The implant vibrates which triggers the Cochlear. You can consider wearing a BAHA implant if other conventional hearing aids do not work for you. BAHA implants are also given to people with collapsed or irritated ear canals.
Cochlear Implant Surgery
A complex, small electronic device that helps hearing in people with severe hearing loss or deafness is used in the Cochlear Implant Surgery. The cochlear implant comprises of an external piece behind the ear and another piece that is surgically implanted under the skin. A cochlear implant comprises of four parts:
- A microphone which picks up sounds from the surroundings
- A speech processor which chooses and arranges the sounds the microphone picks up
- A receiver/stimulator and transmitter that picks up signals from the speech processor and changes them into electric impulses
- An electrode ray, a bunch of electrodes, receives impulses the stimulator sends and transmits them to different areas of the auditory nerves.
The implant does not cure deafness; it only gives you a useful portrayal of sounds in the environment and considerable aid in understanding speech.
The surgery is done in the following way:
- The area around the site of the implant is shaved or cleaned
- The patient's vital signs are monitored through cables, patches and monitors attached to him or her
- General anaesthesia is administered through IV or through a face mask
- After the device is implanted, the patient is taken to the recovery room for the anaesthesia effect to lessen.
Hi I am 21 years old female. I have a hearing problem with my left ear. When I am hearing music with my headsets , I found that no music is playing in left ear. But I can hear with my right ear. Whats the problem I do not know. And moreover after talking in mobile phone I am getting pain in my right ear also. I am worrying alot. Plz help me and suggest me some tips to improve my hearing and tell me what my actual problem is?
Sir I am 24 year old male and I am suffering from hearing loss from last 5 years mainly in the high frequency region. Please tell me some solution or exercises to recover from this problem. Sir I am also suffering from ankylosing spondelitis. From last 4 years but my hearing problem is the older one. And Dr. Has given me donica and donica s-r for my spondelitis problem? these two problems make my life very tough.
I am 24 years old male. I had cold which was accompanied by hearing loss and pain in left ear. After having a course of amoxicillin and potassium clanuvate antibiotics, my pain was relieved but there is no improvement in hearing. Now I hardly hear anything from that ear. It has been 5 days since I heard from that ear. Can anybody please help. I am a smoker.
My husband got diagnosed with Tinnitus around 2 months back. He joined swimming few weeks before the constant buzz in his ears. The doctors indicated the water entering inside the ears thru swimming as one of the possible causes. He is on medication since then and has been feeling little better but he has been avoiding swimming ever since. He joined that for overall health and he preferred swimming over gym. But now he doesn't at all go to swim even by using earplugs. Can you please suggest if this was the reason behind his tinnitus and if he really should avoid swimming? I want him to continue swimming n want his tinnitus also to be cured. But please advise what's good for him.
Sip on water every half an hour and see the difference in your energy level and you feel fresh and active.
If you drink lots of water or plenty of water advised by all to cleanse your body, you find it difficult to retain in your body. Hence you avoid drinking water most of the times.
The above method takes care of it.