Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AprajithaYour feedback matters!
If my hairs going longer day by day the hairs are going to curly which I do not like . So tel me the solution to get my hairs straight like normally hairs?
I have huge problem for constipation, once I eat any food its not digest properly and I have to go for bowl moment just after 1 to 2 hours after taking foods, please suggest only antibiotics.
I have checked my BP for the first time it shows 140/90 I am non smoker, non alcoholic, what is the reason, and how I can control it.
Doctors I want to take an health diet. I must be fit and due to sun my skin tone is little dark so I want to improve my skin tone. So please suggest me Complete food table what to eat and what to not eat.
Summer is at its peak and the mercury level is rising by a notch every day. The scorching sun gives even more reasons to constantly hunt for some cooling and soothing foods which can comfort us. It is the time of year when you get dehydrated easily due to excess sweat and perspiration and that's the time when you want to reach out for something cold like sodas, beverages or even cold water. This is where we go wrong because anything extremely low in temperature can actually constrict our blood vessels and affect the heat loss process in our body. Here are a few tips you need to keep in mind to keep yourself cool:
- Increase your water intake: In high humidity conditions, you do not sweat adequately due to which you cannot release heat efficiently from your body. That is the reason why you need to drink enough water at regular intervals even if you are not thirsty to cool your system.
- Have eatables high in water content: Eat a lot of fresh fruits, raw salads and lightly spiced foods. Fruits and veggies are easy to digest and high in water content and hence help in hydration. Avoid fried and junk foods as they take time to digest and require a lot of water. Spicy foods can also increase body heat.
- Grab naturally cooling drinks: Drink naturally cooling beverages like coconut water, lemon juice, buttermilk and sugarcane juice, etc. Rather than aerated soft drinks, caffeine, and alcoholic beverages as they contain sugar and other preservatives which act as diuretics and can cause loss of water from the body. You can add sabja (tulsi seeds) to drinks as it has a cooling effect on the body.
- Have curd: Curd is excellent as it increases friendly bacteria in the gut and improves digestion and boosts immunity.
- Include veggies in diet: Add veggies like cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, spinach, beet etc to add to the extra water in your diet.
- Small meals: avoid heavy meals at one time as it can cause acidity and affect digestion. Rather eat small meals to feel light and keep your system active.
- Don't forget raw mango: In the summer season, raw mango is a special fruit and is extremely good to prevent sunstrokes and weakness. Raw mango juice also known as aam panna can help balance electrolytes in the body. You can also have raw mango in any form like adding it in bhel, salads or making a dish out of it.
You can divide your day's meals as per regular timings like:
Breakfast: 2-3 fresh fruits (this can help to neutralize your stomach acids and make you feel light and active as they are natural sources of energy).
- Mid morning: a glass of buttermilk/ coconut water (to refresh you).
- Lunch: salads + 1-2 rotis + veggies + thin dals (you can add or subtract the rotis as per your appetite and requirement).
- Evening: fruit yoghurt/fruit smoothie (they are filling, nourishing and cooling).
- Dinner: stir fried veggies/ chilled soups + grilled chicken/ steamed fish/ low fat paneer/ tofu + jaljeera/ lemon juice (to keep your dinner light and help you wake up afresh).
Stick to the plan and stay cool this summer!