Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
During last couple of months, my eyes are blinking during the day without any itching or pain, it happens many a times during the day. To my observation it generally happen when I have a short sleep. Pls advise.
What are the symptoms of fever and red eyes and jaundice and typhoid fever and stomach pain and headache.
Recently I am seeing some kind of floating air bauble in front my eyes whenever I am looking towards sky every time .what's the possible reason of that? Till now my both eyes are normal & I am not using any glass, my age is 26. Please help me.
I have red eyes and feeling jealousy in my eyes because of this I can't sleep properly it's very bad for my eyes.
LASIK stands for Laser In-situ Keratomileusis. This is a common eye surgery that helps in correcting vision problems. During this procedure, the cornea of the eye is cut across by a medical expert to raise the tissues and reshape them to correct vision. LASIK is suitable for patients who have shortsightedness, long sightedness or who suffer from astigmatism.
Here are the 5 benefits that a LASIK surgery offers:
1. Improved vision - A study reveals that 95% of the people who underwent this surgery achieved uncorrected visual acuity of 20/40 and 85% of the people achieved 20/20 vision. This procedure ensures that a patient achieves enhanced vision.
2. Quick results and recovery - This surgery enables you to return to your normal schedule immediately the day after the surgery. You can have clear and improved vision within a day.
3. Long- lasting outcomes - A minimum timeframe of 3 months is required for the eyes to adjust, after which LASIK results are permanently noticeable in a patient. No follow up procedures are required unless something wrong went with the surgery. The patient will continue to have improved vision unless there is any normal loss due to illness or aging.
4. No need of glasses - You no longer require glasses as your vision turns to normal post-LASIK surgery.
5. Goodbye contact lenses - LASIK surgery will help eliminate the need for contacts. You will be able to avoid all the problems pertaining to wearing a contact lens, including lens solution.
I am suffering from pain and strain in my eyes due to long sitting on mobile repairing and back pain.Please tell.
Hi sir I hava problem on my eye something its red colour what I am do please give uver suggested thank u.
I am a 19 years old guy and my right eye squints a bit and I wear eye glasses also. What can I do to stop squinting? Any exercises or treatment?
My eyes number is constantly increasing. I am near sightedness person. Can you tell me how to control eye weakness.
swelling eye is my problem. Last night its in but at morning my eye is swelled. What's the reason behind it.
My mother, aged around 45. Since yesterday morning, one side of her left eyeball started reddening. She does not have a sty nor is it conjunctivitis. So she splashed some water on both eyes and dropped 1 drop of Gulab jal on bith eyes. Is it necessary to see a doctor for this or just wait for it to heel while using some home remedies. She does not have any allergies either. Is it due to stress? Kindly provide remedies. Thanks in advance.
There is a lot of pain in my eyes when I am working. I have specs and wear it almost all time but then also there is alot of pain and headache also which does not allow me to work properly. Please suggest what should I do?
I have been suffering from seasonal allergic conjunctivitis at the onset of summer. This persists till the end of season. Have taken an anti-biotic solution together with cmc gel. But hardly any significant relief. Could you please help?
Sir, I am suffering from myopia (power. 5) since 1 year. Is it true that myopia can be removed if yes then please help me. I shall be obliged to you.
One of the most common ailments that affect elders the most is cataract. Cataract develops gradually and can occur in one or both eyes and if not treated in time can cause blindness. Most cataracts are not visible to the naked eye, but in some cases, a dense cataract can make the pupil appear white. A cataract can be defined as a dense, cloudy build up of protein masses on the eye lens. This obstructs the light falling on the retina and does not allow the retina to form a clear image.
Advancing in age is one of the most common causes of cataracts. Along with this, there are several other factors that play a role in the development of cataracts as well. These include smoking,exposure to ultraviolet radiation, long term use of steroids, trauma, radiation therapy and diabetes. Anything that triggers an overproduction of chemically altered oxygen molecules in the body can increase your risk of suffering from this condition. Hypertension and a family history of cataracts can also put you at a higher risk of developing cataracts. Poor nutrition or a diet that is deficient in antioxidants can also put you at a high risk of suffering from this condition.
Cataracts can be categorized on the basis of where and how they develop in the eye. This categorization is based on location:
- Nuclear Cataract: These develop in the middle of the lens and turn the center of the eye yellow. Nuclear cataracts are typically associated with aging.
- Cortical cataract: These develop around the edges of the nucleus and are wedge shaped. Gradually, spokes emitted from these wedges work themselves towards the center of the eye.
- Posterior capsular cataract: These are among the faster growing cataracts and develop at the back of the lens.They are also known as subcapsular cataracts. Cataracts triggered by diabetes or the prolonged use of steroids usually fall in this category.
Categorization based on how they develop:
- Congenital cataract: These are present at birth or develop within the first year of a baby's life. Congenital cataracts are rare.
- Secondary cataract: These are triggered as a side effect of medications or diseases like glaucoma and diabetes. Prolonged use of steroids like prednisone can also lead to the development of such cataracts.
- Traumatic cataract: Cataract that is developed as a result of an injury to the eye is known as traumatic cataracts. They have a very slow rate of development.
- Radiation cataract: It develops as a side effect of radiation therapy used to treat cancer.