Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Aparna JhaYour feedback matters!
How to take folic acid to get pregnant. I want to conceive. I am trying to conceive since from 5 months.
I am 36 years old. I have a female child aged 16. I am having irregular period problem. Especially while intercourse. Period starts on 20th day of mensuration period. Only few drops for four or five days. After 5 days one day full flow bleeding. In the starting period the colour is dark coffee brown. Kindly advice me in this regards.
I have been diagnosed with PCOD with following symptoms: Severe Acne, Heavy body hair, Frequent hairfall and irregular periods. But I am an underweight woman and trying hard to gain weight. I have been suggested Ginette-35 for 6 months. Do I need to take any other medicine simultaneously with Ginette?
My wife and I had unsafe sex on 25th July. Which is 10th day after completion of her period. We have sex 2 to 3 more times in between. On last Thursday 28 th of July she secretly went to doctor. Yesterday we checked on preganews its showing negative pregnancy. We had unsafe sex after 28 July for 2 time. But still no pregnancy. Is any means she can stop pregnancy. If we have to consult doctor.
Involuntary and sudden urine loss in women is termed as urinary incontinence. Some of the contributory factors to urinary incontinence are menopause, pregnancy and childbirth.
There are seven types of urinary incontinence.
- Stress incontinence: If normal physical movements like sneezing, coughing and exercising cause small amounts of urine to leak out, it is called 'stress incontinence'.
- Urge incontinence: If large amounts of urine leak out during unexpected and at odd times, like during sleeping, it is called 'urge incontinence'.
- Overactive Bladder: This is characterized by frequent and urgent urination, along with urge incontinence or not.
- Functional incontinence: If external deterrents or physical disabilities like not being able to find a toilet, leads to sudden leakage of urine, it is called 'functional incontinence'.
- Overflow incontinence: A full bladder, at times, leads to unexpected leakage. This is called 'overflow incontinence'.
- Mixed incontinence: Whenever urge and stress incontinence occur together, it is categorized as 'mixed incontinence'.
- Transient incontinence: When urine leakage occurs due to temporary situations like infections or new medications, it is called 'transient incontinence'.
Urinary incontinence is not a disease; it is a symptom. Infections, diabetes, or other medical conditions can cause incontinence. If incontinence is temporary, the causes might be any or all of the following:
- Urinary tract infection
- Over consumption of alcohol
- Too much caffeine intake
- Consuming carbonated drinks
- Decaffeinated coffee and tea
- Use of artificial sweeteners
- Foods which are too spicy, acidic or sugary
- Corn syrup
- Being on sedatives, muscle relaxants, blood pressure and heart medications
- High doses of vitamin B and vitamin C
However, if incontinence is persistent, the symptoms might be different:
- Pregnancy: During pregnancy, hormonal changes and weight gain in the body can cause incontinence.
- Childbirth: Normal vaginal delivery weakens muscles that control the bladder, thus leading to incontinence.
- Age: The bladder muscles weaken with age which, in turn, affects the bladder urine holding capacity.
- Menopause: The levels of "oestrogen" hormone drop with the onset of menopause. Oestrogen keeps the lining of the urethra and bladder healthy. The gradual damage of the bladder tissues leads to incontinence.
- Hysterectomy: The bladder and uterus are supported by the same ligaments and muscles. Surgery deteriorates the pelvic floor muscles, thus removing the uterus can lead to incontinence.
- Obstruction: Tumours in the urinary tract can block the normal urine flow. This causes overflow incontinence.
- Neurological disorders: Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, brain tumours, strokes or spinal injury can cause incontinence.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.
I want to know about symptoms of sexual transmitted diseases. Please help me? Can it be treated successfully?
I am 28 weeks & 6 days pregnant. Bad luck I faced typhoid. Treatment also did (omnibact antibiotic and medomol 500 mg. Be our doctor gives staffcure tablet and medomol 500 mg for fever. My question is typhoid and medicine any harm with my baby please suggest me.
My bf touched my vagina with his penis, although we didnt have sex and he didnt ejaculate either and I am still a virgin. But my periods are 5 days late. I did a pregnancy test on the 31st day and it came negative. But I am concerned as I am not getting my periods. Please advice.
● Wake up early, preferably by brahma muhurat (4 am)
● Complete your daily activities without any worries
● Brush your teeth with herbal sticks like khadir
● Have 1 tsp of triphala powder with cows ghee and honey
● Apply natural kajal (surma) in both the eyes
● Instill 2 drops of sesame oil in both nostrils
● Gargle well with hot water
● Massage whole body with warm herbal oils like Kshirbala tailam
● Practice Yoga, Pranayam, Meditation & Omkar chanting
● Exercise well, but rest when you get exerted
● Have bath with herbal ubtan & warm water
● Drink hot or boiled water
● Have warm fresh meals regularly on time
● Have dinner before 7 pm
● Go off to bed early and have a peaceful sleep
I am 20 yrs old having. Hypothyroid. I am facing irregular periods and so much of hairfall. What shall I do to control this? please sugest me. I am going to depression day by day due to these hairfall problem. And shall I get pregnant? my tsh level is 1.4 nd my t4 is 10.4. Please suggest me.
Hello, I am pregnant. Can you please suggest best vegetarian diet plan to take in first trimester which is not increased my weight too much and healthy and enough for my baby development.
I am 46 years old I am married and a kid already married. My weight is 42. My intake of food is less, not due to loss of appetite but work pressure. Digestion is good. I am active. I can work tirelessly. My concern is I want to increase my weight and look healthy. The skin on my face wrinkled and tanned around eyes. Please help me out.
Sirs/madams. Good evening. My wife is 40 yrs. She has been using depressive tablets for two yrs. Right now using Bupran sr 150 at morning mirtaz 7.5 at nights. Her period are almost regular. But this time for two months no period found? What will do now? Please tell us?
FOODS THAT REV UP YOUR LIBIDO AND WHY
Chocolate: You guessed it right! Chocolate is the most enjoyable of foods and needs no cooking! Chocolates contain methylxanthines that increase your sensitivity to touch and phenylethlamine increases the level of excitement that a person perceives. Dark chocolate is the best as it has high levels of cocoa. The dopamine levels get elevated in the body which gives a rush similar to the one after
Watermelon: This humble fruit has citruline that makes the blood vessels expand thus increasing the blood flow to the pelvic organs. Whip it into a juice or smoothie or enjoy it cut up. Other fruits to add to your diet when sex is on your mind are pomegranates, figs, tomatoes and apples. Another fruit which deserves mention is the banana. Not only is it phallic shaped, it is loaded with potassium and other minerals. Enriched with potassium and folic acid which kick start your stamina and energy levels, avocados are a must-try.
Spices: Garlic when cooked has aphrodisiac properties. Some studies also give a thumbs-up to cinnamon and nutmeg. Ginseng is popular in the Far East as a sex drive enhancer.
Olives: In ancient Greek civilizations, olives were used liberally as an aphrodisiac. Research corroborates that green olives are helpful to men while women get a sexual boost with the black variety.
Oysters: Apart from their distinctive shape resembling the female genitalia, oysters are choc-o-block with zinc that induces release of sex hormones. Clams and mussels also have a similar effect.
Honey: Apart from its medicinal properties in curing coughs, honey can also boost your sex drive. Have a spoonful daily and feel the difference.
Alcohol: Red wine and champagne are your best bets on date nights. But beware, indulging in too much alcohol may increase desire, but dampen performance.
Peppers and chillies: Want to spice up your sex life? Spice up your food first, suggests research conducted by various organizations. Green, yellow and red peppers can be added to your salad, pasta or vegetable dish while green chillies can be incorporated into soups and curries.
Almonds: Almonds are great for snacking as they are full of good fats, fibre and vitamin E and also work on your sagging libido in more than one way. Almond oil used as a part of aromatherapy is said to fire the female libido.
Caffeine: Caffeine in small amounts gives you a kick, extra energy or that zing which can definitely put you into the mood for foreplay and intercourse.
Omega 3 fatty acids: Salmon and other fish rich in omega 3 fatty acids increase the levels of serotonin which is the feel good hormone produced by the body that explains why it acts as an aphrodisiac.
FOODS THAT DAMPEN YOUR LIBIDO
These are also termed as anti-aphrodisiacs because they decrease your sex drive and performance considerably. Foods that come under this category are steaks with potatoes, a big helping of pasta with a creamy sauce and the like. If you have too many carbs, you feel sleepy after your dinner and snooze will take precedence over sex. Same applies for red meats like rich cuts of lamb, beef and organ meats. Your body spends so much energy digesting the heavy food that there is no energy for pleasure after such a meal.