Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Dear Doctor, I have bartholin cysts for 2 years I thought it was urinary infection and it will get cured on its own now 1 month has passed & i am 25 years old I am getting married in a month I fear it would create problem in my marriage life. The cyct is not painful is there any home remedy for this. Please help me.
Hey Dr. Actually I had sex with a prostitute about 1 month 20 days ago. I used a condom and I am sure that the condom was not leak or have hole anywhere. But think too much about my health. Is it possible to get HIV even after using a condom. And what are the main and most common symptoms of HIV. Are they come together or individually. I have a mild sore throat after 4 weeks of sex and small pain in bone pain. And I have vitamin b12 and vit d3 deficiency too. Is pain is due to vit b12 and d3 deficiency or I might got infected with hiv ? In too much stress . I don't have other symptoms like fever, headache , or other flu like symptoms . Just have a mild sore throat and little pain in bone. And do not have problem swallowing and chewing.
She had a skip of 1 month in her periods (i.e had not periods in september bt had in december) and got periods in this month bt she is having very much pain in her back. Would you please tell me is there anything to worry and wht is this happening and how can one get rud of it.
Withdrawal bleed 24 days after intercourse and also after ending pill pack for 5 days. The bleed was normal. Home pregnancy test after 1 month 5 days, negative results. No symptoms in generally except a little gassy with sudden mild pain in naval area while releasing gas. Am I safe from pregnancy. Does stress lack of sleep and long gap between meals someday leads to gas?
Postpartum is the period after one's labour and delivery. Pregnancy and postpartum are a time when a woman's body changes to a great extent, in order to first accommodate the baby and then go through labour and delivery. A vaginal delivery can have many implications when it comes to the postpartum.
The same goes for a Caesarean Section or C Section as well. Let us find out what your postpartum care routine should include.
- Vaginal Soreness: Deal with vaginal soreness with the help of stool softeners and pain relievers, as prescribed by your gynaecologist. You should also make hygiene a priority at this time. Use a washcloth and warm water to clean the area every time you urinate. Also, you can use an ice pack if the wound is particularly painful.
- Discharge: Vaginal discharge in the postpartum period is called lochia, and it usually carries on for a few weeks after the baby is born. You must use a sanitary napkin during this period and clean up regularly. If your bleeding or discharge is accompanied by fever, then you should contact your gynaecologist immediately.
- C Section Wound: In case there is redness and swelling in the wound, accompanied by symptoms like pain and foul smelling discharge from the vagina, you will need to get in touch with your doctor immediately so that he or she can check for possibility of infections.
- Movement: After a C Section, you will need to take as much rest as possible, so that the wound heals properly. This includes avoiding making too many trips up and down the stairs as well. It would be a good idea to have a family member or partner around who can help as well. Gentle walks after a week or two are usually recommended for the body to come back to normal gradually.
- Kegels: Do kegels or contracting exercises for the strength of the pelvic floor to return, especially after a vaginal delivery. This will help in alleviating pain and burning sensation during urination at this time.
- Nutrition: Take special care to eat nutritious and home cooked food, especially if you are breast feeding. This will also help in the healing of the vaginal or C Section wound. Also, a high fibre diet will help in better bowel movement, which will lessen the pain while visiting the bathroom.
Taking care of your body in postpartum is a matter of bringing it back to normal gradually even as you deal with the side effects of delivery. Ensure that you are in touch with your doctor.