Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AparnaYour feedback matters!
My friend at work thinks she is pregnant after doing some test at home. And she is not ready for babies now for some financial grounds so can you suggest what to be done now please.
My friend had sex with his girlfriend upto 3 times and take unwanted tablets. These all done before 1moths. Now she suffering from stomach pain from week. Is there any problem to her sir/madam both are afraid about these. She consult D. G. O specialist and she said that its only from body heat. We have dout that she get get pregnant please told about it soon soon sir/madam we arr waiting for your response. Thanq sir.
I am 39 years. My periods date is 23 per month or sometime 1day up down and duration 5 daz. Please tell me the safe .
I am in the 7th month of pregnancy, but while sleeping I face difficulty becoz in pelvic area I feel pain so much, otherwise in the daytime when i am doing other works like walking, sitting or standing at that time I do not have any pain in pelvic area. So I want to know why I feel so much of pain in pelvic area while sleeping as if someone has beaten me up very harshly in that area. Please give me the correct reason for this as im very much worried about it.
In simple language, Hemorrhage is when the blood escapes from veins or blood vessels. This escape may happen because of various reasons like, for example, injury, low platelet count, threatened abortion, piles (Hemorrhoids), cancer, surgery, liver disease, brain trauma, acute bronchitis, menstrual problem and so on.
Types of Hemorrhage:
As a matter of fact, Hemorrhage is grouped into several categories. Hemorrhage can occur post surgery, and such a Hemorrhage is called as postoperative Hemorrhage. Similarly, for various reasons Hemorrhage can occur from the artery (Arterial Hemorrhage), vein (Venous Hemorrhage) or capillary (Capillary Hemorrhage). If Hemorrhage happens because of an injury, it is called primary Hemorrhage.
Other types of Hemorrhage are delayed bleeding post injury (Reactionary Hemorrhage), bleeding following childbirth (Postpartum Hemorrhage), delay in bleeding following Sepsis popularly called as septic (Secondary Hemorrhage), bleeding from urine (Haematuria), bleeding while coughing (Hemoptysis) and bleeding caused in the stomach (Hematemesis).
Further, Hemorrhage can be broadly classified into two namely internal and external:
- It would be needless to mention that excessive bleeding may lead to several complications. It can result in organ failure and there are instances that excessive bleeding can be fatal. On the other hand, blood loss can be external or visible Hemorrhage like those caused during an injury. There are also instances of blood loss occurring internally in which case the patient may notice blood either in the urine or stools, vagina or while coughing or through the nostrils or even from the mouth. In such cases, the patient should be rushed to a doctor who after careful examination, and tests would be able to identify the causes of the internal bleeding.
- In case of external bleeding or external Hemorrhage like those caused due to an injury, you may provide the necessary first aid. When the bleeding is noticed, do not get alarmed and also try to keep the patient calm. Hemorrhage caused due to external injury would normally stop within one or two minutes. However, if the bleeding persists even after two or three minutes, such cases would require medical attention, and therefore, you should rush the patient to the doctor at the earliest.
There are several remedies to tackle the problem of Hemorrhage. Some of the normal procedures followed are IV fluid, oxygen, administering medicines like vitamin B12 and so on. In complicated cases, the physician may suggest bone marrow surgical procedure, Endogenous EPO or such other procedures. If Hemorrhage is left unattended, it can result in several complications. Therefore, you should rush the patient to the physician urgently. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.
I m suffering from irregular periods maximum and last for 5 days and is very painful after it stops please suggest me what should I do.
Hello doctor, I have irregular cycle and I have 5 years old baby. I want to get pregnant now what can I do? Please tell me.
I am Keerthi. I am 6th month pregnant. I have thyroid in this pregnancy blood reports. I am using medicine for that. Doc said continue till delivery. This problem will cure after delivery? Please tell me I am worry about that.
अगर बच्चे और जवान शुरूआत से घूमना walking चालू कर दे तो उसे बाद में diabetes डायबिटीज होने का खतरा 50% तक कम हो जाता है,
So keep walking everyday.
The liver is a vital organ which means a person cannot survive without it. The liver works with other organs in the digestive tract to digest, absorb, and process food. The main function of the liver is to filter the blood that it receives from the digestive tract before passing it to the rest of the body. The liver detoxifies and metabolizes the medicines that you take. It also secretes bile and important blood clotting proteins.
Being such an important organ, it becomes imperative for you to stay away from habits that can damage it.
Here are some common habits that are damaging your liver:
1. Too much sugar
Having excess amounts of sugar is not harmful to just the teeth but the liver as well. Liver converts fructose ( a type of sugar) into fat. If you consume foods with refined sugar, it can build up as fat in the liver leading to liver diseases. Experts suggest that consuming too much sugar can be as harmful to the liver as having excessive alcohol. Avoid foods that contain refined sugars and corn syrup that has high fructose content. Limit foods with added sugars, such as soda, pastries, and candy.
The painkillers that you pop frequently for a sore back, that annoying headache or a toothache can damage your liver in the long run. It is okay to take over the counter pain medications like paracetamol once in a while but make sure that you do not resort to taking them on a regular basis. Always consult your doctor for chronic painful conditions and advice on pain medications.
3. Excessive alcohol
Consuming alcohol in large quantity can cause irreversible damage to the liver. When alcohol is consumed in excessive amounts it interferes with the ability of the liver to get rid of toxins from the body. Studies suggest that having three glasses of alcohol every day is a direct risk for liver cancer.
4. Too many supplements
Taking supplements instead of obtaining those nutrients from your food is a habit that can damage your liver. Unless recommend by your doctor, avoid taking supplements indiscriminately. Eat a well-balanced diet rich in green leafy vegetables, fruits, dairy products, and protein. Always consult a doctor before you start taking a supplement even if it is an herbal supplement. Remember that all medicines are processed by the liver.
5. Sleep deprivation
You may not know but not getting a regular sleep can damage your liver. Studies show that when people are sleep-deprived their livers cannot process the fat efficiently leading to fat accumulation which eventually leads to liver damage. Getting a good sleep also acts as a repair process for the whole body including liver. Make sure you get a good 7- 8 hours of sleep regularly.
6. Soft drinks
Studies have shown that people who drink too much soft drinks have higher chances of developing the non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD). Since these drinks are packed with sugar, so it is best to avoid them for improving your overall health.
So, go ahead and change these habits that are harming your liver and embrace a healthy and active lifestyle for a healthier you. Stay healthy, stay happy!
Respected doc. I am obese, and in April, I miss my cycle too. Doc prescribed me medroxyprogesterone acetate and it bleeds on 10 may to 15 may. Now, I do jogging, walking, running squatting regularly about 30 mins. I avoid junk food, soft drinks, sugars, chips, I eat only home food. I studied about thyroid effects on menses. Pls prescribe me way how to keep healthy thyroid. Do I avoid rice and potato too. Thankyou.
Hello doc. How we calculate for how many weeks we are pregnant is it counted according to last menses first day or 1 week after periods.
1 week ho gya hai but period nai aya hai ye teesri bar hua hai. To sir ab kya karey Kon si allopathy use karey bataye?
Dangal is one of the most revolutionary movies of our times. It has received rousing reviews from critics and avid film goers alike and has been hailed as a path altering film, which has definitely raised the benchmark as far as realism in commercial cinema goes. The movie is based on the real-life tale of Mahavir Singh Phogat and his two daughters, whom he trains to perfection so that they can become international level medal winning wrestlers. Let us look at the psychological aspect of this movie.
- Helicopter parenting: In this movie, we find a helicopter parent in Phogat who wants his daughters to attain a certain brand of perfection. In many ways, his parenting style has been derived from his unattained dreams, which he also projects onto his daughters. In today’s day and age, such kind of parenting usually leads to a lack of decision-making skills as far as the child is concerned due to the excessive intervention of the parent in every decision and situation.
- Perfection: In an obsessive compulsive disorder or OCD manner, the main character of the movie also projects his need for perfection on to his children, even going as far as limiting and completely cutting off their normal childhood habits like craving for sweet and savory food, as well as TV viewing. This may be seen as an extreme measure and case of OCD as far as his dedication to his training ideals go.
- Sports pre-performance tactics: In the movie, we have been shown myriad sports pre-performance tactics that are used by the best sportspersons the world over, in order to achieve their goal. This kind of pre-performance is especially important in physical pursuits because it helps in aligning the brain with the body by removing all distractions. Most sportspersons have various routines that may involve breathing exercises or listening to a pep talk, or even a certain kind of music so that this kind of a mindset sets in and they single-mindedly focus on the music, talk or breathing in order to remind themselves of what they are to do on the field.
- Dealing with failure: This is of major importance. In the movie, we find that one of the characters misses the Olympic medal by a whisker due to an unfortunate incident. Yet, this must not be seen as a deterrent. The sports person has to remember that at the end of the day, his or her hard work, sweat and turmoil is the ultimate trophy or medal, rather than the physical manifestation of the same. The fact that he or she has managed to rise to that kind of physical stamina and endurance in the field is in itself a prize that shows how far he or she has come from all other professionals in the same field. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.