Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Aparna DunungYour feedback matters!
I have eyes problem when I see tv or when I read books for 3 to 5 hours my eyes is very jelles what should I do for this?
Dr. I am suffering from conjunctivitis from last one day there is little pain in my head and some itching in my right side eye please recommend medicine to get out of this problem soon.
I am suffering from Glaucoma from last 7 years and I have gone through three operation on my Right eye due to Retina Detachment. Now my question is there have possibility of replacement of retina and can glaucoma occur in my left eye? I am scared about it. Cause from last 3-4 years I am seeing some lines are floating in front of my vision but four month ago I have visited Vasan Eye Care Chennai and the doctor told me that my left eye is healthy and there is no problem in it. But those lines disturb me a lot. Need a proper advise Doctor. What should I do now?
In 2005, I have had a injury on left eyebrow. After two of injury, I was operated for cataract in navsari gujarat. 6 year later I noticed, I am having Only 30 to 40 percent vision. I visited to Choithram netralay Indore. I went through victretomy nd sf6 there by Manish dave sir ,as Dr. Said, may be retina got swelled therefore I operated .before surgery My OCT was different. After surgery ,my OCT is normal as Dr. Said. But no improvement in vision. I them visited to shankar netralay chennai, Ms. Munna bhende mam ,checked me up and suggest to wear glass. I have asked to replant lens but they said it may dangerous. In indore, Arun bhargav sir, suggest me to take this risk. Now what should I do. Is there any retina specialist in india? Or I should replant lens. thanks in advance .please reply soon.
I have red eyes for 7 days. What should I do.? And so much pain in my head and chest is also paining.
While it's assumed that numerous eye injuries are inflicted at work, just about the same number of them may happen while at home. Luckily, most eye wounds are preventable. Find ways to prevent eye injuries, as the eyes are very sensitive and delicate.
Here is a list of some of the most common eye injuries and tips on how to prevent them:
- A lot of eye injuries happen from dust particles entering the eyes, causing itching and burning sensation. Protective glasses should be worn when doing any kind of activity in a dusty area with flying particles.
- Pencils, scissors, forks, knives and all similar sharp objects can cause a serious eye injury. Day to day household items like bungee cords, wire coat hangers, rubber bands and fishhooks are capable of causing eye injuries. You must always remain aware and super conscious while using such objects.
- While performing activities such as dusting, sweeping or lawn mowing, make sure to protect your eyes well as dust is involved.
- Children are very curious by nature. Thus, all hazardous stuff like fertilizers, acids should be kept away from their reach. These contain harmful chemicals, which may inflict fatal damage to the eyes.
- Cooking powder and spices like chili powder can cause injury to the eye. Always wash your hands after using these items, so that you don't harm the eyes if you by chance rub them with your hands.
- Precautions should be taken while dealing with heat or boiling water or oil. They may spill and cause damage to the eyes.
- Secure floor coverings and railings. On the off chance that a kid or elderly man lives in your home, use a safety gate at the top and base of stairs, and consider covering sharp furniture edges and corners with a padding material.
- While travelling in a car, abrupt jerking or breaks may cause the head to bump and cause injury to the eye. Always put on your seat belt and do not allow children to sit in the front of a car.
- Many modern toys, which are very attractive have got sharp edges because of their fancy design. Abstain children from playing with these kinds of toys.
- Laser pointers, a common fun gadget for children is very harmful and causes permanent damage to the retina. Stay away from laser pointers.
- Wear eye gear to protect your eyes during sports activities. Also wear goggles during swimming as chlorine in swimming pool water damages the eyes.
Eye injuries may happen out of nowhere. You must always remain alert to avoid eye injuries.