Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anusuya HarishYour feedback matters!
A mother’s milk is said to be the most nutritious food for a new born baby. It contains the perfect balance of carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins and minerals needed for your baby and changes to keep up with your baby’s growing needs. However, the benefits of breastfeeding extend way beyond nutritional value. Breastfeeding is beneficial for both you and your baby. Ideally, a baby should be breastfed for at least the first six months.
Here are 5 major benefits of breastfeeding.
- Stronger immunity: Mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and a number of unique compounds that help the newborn child’s body fight bacterial and viral infections. No other form of baby food is as rich in these antibodies. Babies who have been breastfed have a lower risk of suffering from ailments such as ear infection, stomach upsets and respiratory problems. The first milk expressed by a woman’s breasts after giving birth is known as colostrums. This milk coats the baby’s digestive system and prevents the growth of harmful bacteria.
- Fewer allergies: Breast milk is easier to digest than formula or cow’s milk. This protects the gastrointestinal passages from inflammation and prevents undigested food from triggering allergic reactions. Being breastfed can also reduce the number of allergies a child may suffer from in their later years.
- Healthy body weight: Breastfeeding makes a child less likely to suffer from obesity in their later childhood and adult years. This is because breast milk contains less insulin and more hormones as compared to formula. This helps regulate fat absorption. On an average, babied fed on formula put on weight quickly and are more likely to overeat in their later years.
- Stronger bones: Breastfeeding is beneficial for both the child and the mother. When a woman is breastfeeding her child, her body’s ability to absorb calcium increases. This helps increase bone density, especially as pregnancy can make bones weak.
- Builds a strong mother-child bond: After 9 months of carrying a child to term, giving birth may lead to post partum depression and a mother may feel the connection between her and the child severed. Breastfeeding helps nurture this connection and provides emotional relief to both the mother and child. For the mother, this experience releases hormones that reduce stress and relax the body. For the baby, close physical contact is very important and this process provides the perfect opportunity to do so. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Rare forms of bone oriented tumours are giant cell tumours, which are mostly found in the bones that are long. This tumour is mostly found in young people between the age of 25 to 40 years and is more common in women than in men. The slow progressive growth of this tumour is more like a lesion rather than a mass, and it causes significant pain. It can also lead to bone destruction. Let us find out the various facets of these tumours including causes, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis.
- Causes: The actual cause of this condition is not yet known, although many orthopaedic specialists tend to associate it with Paget disease, which is a chronic bone disorder. The main symptoms of this disease include enlargement and deformity of the bones. Giant cell tumours are not associated with injuries, genetics or environmental factors.
- Symptoms: There are many symptoms that can point at the presence of the giant cell tumour. These include pain in the joints surrounding the bone on which the tumour is growing. Also, inflammation and fractures might be caused due to this growth. The surrounding joints may face difficulty as far as movement goes, and fluid retention might also take place.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of the condition is usually done by an orthopaedic specialist who will conduct an x-Ray to study the area surrounding the bone. This will help in throwing up images of the tissue, bones and other organs in the area. The doctor may also carry out a biopsy during which tissue samples will be procured for further examination under a microscope, so as to determine whether or not the growth is a malignant one. Also, radionuclide bone scans may be conducted to find out if there is any bone change due to other bone diseases and this tumour.
- Treatment: The treatment of this condition will depend largely on the patient's age and medical history where the doctor may take stock of any other ailments and diseases which may or may not interfere with the chosen path of treatment. One of the ways of treating this condition is with surgery that will help in removing the damaged bone. In very severe cases, amputation may also be required. Further, bone reconstruction surgery can also be followed for treatment.
- Prognosis: Local recurrence is a risk as far as giant cell tumours are concerned. A CT scan of the chest, abdomen and pelvic area should be carried out in a routine manner for at least two years after treatment.
Any persistent inflammation and pain should be checked by a doctor to detect any such growth.
M 32 years unmarried female. M having a desk job, my tummy is bulging out as a result am worried. M anemic and have regular periods for 11/2-2 days maximum. Few days back pelvic ultrasound reveal normal result. Thyroid, diabetes, uric acid results within limits. Cholesterol slightly rise can such conditions result in cyst development. Kindly recommend solution or consultation or test?
After 56 days, during postpartum bleeding occurs two days onwards. First day less bleeding, second day more bleeding for every 4 to 5 hours 50 ml& it is bright red. What is happening in body?
Mujhe periods time me bhot pain hota h legs or stomach me. Phele me "aroshe" tonic leti thi pain nhi hota tha. Ab ye tonic nhi aata. Iska koi alternative h. jisse pain na ho.
I've discovered milky white secretion from breast after my husband and I had intercourse. The fluid came due to pressure on breast. I am not pregnant neither there is any abnormal lump on my breast or inside. I am really worried about this sudden secretion as it seemed abnormal to me. But it gave me no pain. I've non-classical pcos and I am afraid if there is any hormonal imbalance in my body. What can be the causes of this secretion? Do I need to go for medical examination? I am really worried and confused. Please help me by providing relevant information.
In the course of their life, women have to go through a lot of changes and challenges that make them wiser and better at handling the circumstances that they faced. Women go through physical as well as emotional changes when they reach puberty. Also, after the menstrual cycle begins the lady has to struggle through different pre-menstrual symptoms each month. It is because of the menstrual cycle that women are able to conceive and give birth to life, which means that it can be safely said that the source of all human life is owed to the menstrual cycle of women.
It is however, seen that when the menstrual cycle comes to an end in the form of menopause and the uterus takes a retirement, the women going through menopause end up experiencing difficult times and health issues. A lot of women complain of severe mood swings, depression, increased fatigue, hot flashes, dryness in the vaginal region and even problems like osteoporosis in a lot of cases. While these may sound like deadly challenges and a lot of women may lead unhealthy lives by accepting the changes, it should be realized that the problem is treatable.
Hormone replacement therapy:
When the menstrual cycle works regularly, it ensures that the level of hormones in the body are regularised and the body does not face discomfort, but when menopause strikes the body stops making the important hormones and throws the system out of order. In order to make sure that the body remains healthy and the problems related to menopause are kept at bay, it may be important to replenish the body with the hormones and this is how the hormone replacement therapy works.
HRT or hormone replacement therapy is found to be a common medication and type of treatment in the modern times, but this does not mean that the patients may be safe by getting their treatment from just any doctor. It is particularly essential to make sure that the best gynaecologist in the field is chosen and the therapy is started only with the right expertise. The administering of the hormones may be a tricky treatment and if the patient is not in the right hands, they may fall prey to problems such as inadequate or excessive hormones, which may in turn be a source of more health issues.
Choosing your expert:
Running a simple search on the internet about how the treatment for hormone replacement should be taken and the doctors who specialize in the course of treatment may lead you to a number of reliable names. With the help of the search and a thorough study about the background and experience of the specialists so that you are able to put yourself in safe and able hands only. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Am married frm 3 yr. ANd have no baby yet, my husb. Generally don't sex regularly. He does it in 3-4 days sometimes 7-8 days. Whts the reason behind dis. Overall his health is fine nd fit. Nd also he hav lots of anger.
I am 9 weeks pregnant 24 year old my hba1c is 5.6 am called diabetic or how to manage with medicine or diet what I have to do .I am worried fbs and pp bs are normal.
Doctors always recommend taking green tea.
In our daily routine, the work stress, extra working hours and late night shifts all result in the excess intake of tea and coffee. Though we cannot completely control this habit what we can do is to turn to green tea. Green tea is packed with antioxidants and keeps your heart healthy.
It also contains Polyphemus that aid in cancer prevention. Moreover, don’t’ worry, it stimulates you, in the same way, coffee and tea do!
Hi I am new married man, my que is jab humara sex ho jata h toh wife ke main parts se sperm returns niche tapak kar gir jata h isse kya woh pregnant hogi? And jb woh pregnant hojaye toh kitne month tak hum sex karein? Plzz doctor suggest in details.
Is it possible to make sexual intercourse with my pregnant wife. She is pregnant from 5 months. Please suggest me.
I was missing my periods fromapril and pregnancy is also negative so i've started taking regesterone 5 mg from yesterday should I take for 5 days or 7 days ?
I am 12 weeks pregnant and suffering from. Abdominal and vaginal pain for last 2 days. Being unable to consult my doctor I am using this app. Also there is excess vaginal watery discharge. More than usual. Pls tell me if this is normal.
I had unprotected sex and I am breastfeeding feeding my 3 month old baby what should I do to avoid pregnancy and I just had c section.
Fennel is a very common spice in india and is usually present in every kitchen. In fact, from a very young age, it has been seen that the elders advise the youngsters to consume a pinch of fennel after any meal for proper digestion. Fennel is also added to many dishes to make the dish flavourful as well, so that the person eating the dish can reap the benefits of all its medicinal properties. Fennel is much more than just a digestion enhancing natural ingredient. Fennel if boiled in water and the water taken empty stomach in morning, can be used as diuretic and also used in renal calculus. Some of its other uses and benefits are explained below.
Breath freshener: Fennel has anti microbial properties which clean your mouth and give you a fresh breath after every meal. In fact, it is not uncommon to notice fennel seeds being served in hotels and restaurants after a meal for better digestion and having a fresh and sweet breath.
Helps in digestion: Fennels help in not only digestion but also help in solving various other problems like intestinal gas, bowel irritation, constipation, heartburn etc. Those with constipation are advised to have fennel milk or at least a pinch of fennel after every meal so that they would be able to relieve themselves comfortably.
Helps in reducing and obesity: Obesity has become one of the greatest concerns in contemporary times. With a rise in the sale of junk foods, individuals have started thinning the line between being fat and being obese in nature. However, when you tend to consume fennel seeds, it gives you a feeling of fullness. This reduces the urge to eat in between meals which, in turn, helps in reducing obesity in individuals.
Helps in solving menstrual problems in women: Women who attain their puberty and experience regular menstrual cycles would be well aware of the regulation that they might face sometime or the other in the process. Consumption of fennel seeds regularises menstruation to a great extent in women. In fact, it also helps in reducing painful bleeding in women. It is one of the few natural remedies that can be tried out before opting for medical consultations and higher doses of medicines.
Used as a natural preventive against cancer: Cancer can occur in different places including the colon. Consumption of fennel can help in the reduction of colon cancers in individuals. The anti-carcinogenic properties of fennel help in reducing cancer-causing agents in the body, thereby rendering it capable enough to fight against cancer.
Thus, these are some of the benefits of consuming fennel. Next time you consume fennel after a meal, you know why you are consuming it and what health benefits could it bring to you.