Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anuradha .G.Meda
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anuradha .G.MedaYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr. I have low lying placenta which was detected in week 14 of pregnancy. What are the chances of it's movement to upward direction due to utreas growth and by which week? Faced 3 times vaginal bleeding due to this & I am very scared although I am taking proper bed rest.
Known by a variety of names such as Bell Peppers, Paprika, Cayenne, and Chillies, Capsicum originated in Tropical America but is now readily available all across the globe. They come in various colours like green, red and yellow. There are plenty of healthy reasons to include capsicum in your diet - it is an excellent source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, beta-carotene and other carotenoids, such as lutein, beta-cryptoxanthin, and zeaxanthin.
Capsicum, be it the green, red or yellow, not only tastes great but is equally healthy and nutritious. It is known to be laden with a wide range of essential vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, phytochemicals, fiber. From heart to skin, the health benefits of capsicum will leave you with a mouth open in awe. In this article, we will discuss some benefits of capsicum which you cannot ignore.
- Capsicum is a powerhouse of antioxidants and plays a pivotal in warding off various cardiovascular disorders by protecting your body from oxidative damage caused by free radicals. Capsicum also aids in keeping the brain healthy and disease free.
- The compound lycopene present in capsicum has anticarcinogenic properties and is especially helpful in preventing the incidence of prostate cancer. Capsicum is also a rich source of Vitamin C which goes a long way in the prevention of cancer.
- Capsicum has a high potassium content, a mineral that is vital for the healthy functioning of the heart and the bones. Potassium also helps in maintaining the blood pressure within the normal range.
- Capsicum (especially the red and yellow capsicum) contains ascorbic acid and antioxidants in abundance. As a result, capsicum comes across as a powerful immune boosting food that keeps various microbial infections, including flu and common cold at bay. The wonder food comes as a great relief for asthmatic patients.
- The red and yellow capsicum is an excellent source of folate. Folate is an important nutrient that contributes towards the development of the fetal brain and is thus highly recommended for pregnant women. The daily intake of dietary folate lowers the risk of birth defects such as spina bifida.
- High in dietary fiber, capsicum enhances the digestion process and also provides relief from constipation and associated discomfort. The dietary fiber (soluble fiber) present in capsicum makes it an ideal food for weight loss and management. Capsicum increases the metabolic activities of the body by many folds thereby aiding in the weight loss.
- Vitamin A which is necessary for healthy vision is present in abundance in capsicum. The role of vitamin A in strengthening the immune system along with its antioxidant properties makes capsicum a must included food in your diet.
- In addition to Vitamin C and antioxidants, capsicum also has anti-inflammatory properties and comes as a boon for the skin. Capsicum slows down the skin aging, keeping the skin healthy, youthful and blemish free. It is also known to provide relief from acne. The vitamin C is what keeps the hair healthy (promotes collagen production with increased blood flow to the scalp).
- The vitamin C in capsicum plays a significant role in enhancing the absorption of Iron. Thus, people suffering from anemia (due to iron deficiency) can benefit immensely from the consumption of capsicum.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Myself and my wife planning for a baby by next month. Is that advisable to have a tattoo now? Will it affect the pregnancy?
I am newly married. Wen I am sex with my wife. Not able to penetrate I tried one month. Til now no improvement. Hitting like a wall. I penetrate my finger, it goes tightly.
I oprated 3months before utrinfibroid hb loss how to improve hp n psycic health any exercise r yoga? Always feeling tired sleepy. N this s my 2 nd operation due to fibroid. I am married 2 kids are there my age 30. I. Am pale nowm I got 2 packcells. 2 blood injection n iron on n before surgery. But now I am again suffer the same hb problm. Regular periodic cycle started past 3 months but little blood comes 2 days only bleeding. How to improve my health.
16 MAGICAL HEALING POWERS OF GARLIC:
1. Improves Heart Health: Garlic cleanses the arteries and veins, thins blood, prevents blot clots, and nourishes the arteries maintaining their ability to stretch, preventing fatal heart diseases like heart attacks and atherosclerosis.
2. Anti-Clotting: Garlic increases the production of nitric oxide in the blood, which helps dilate blood vessels and dissolve blood clots. The anti-clotting properties of ajoene, a sulphur containing compound found in garlic, help in preventing the formation of blood clots in the body.
3. Soothes Respiratory System: The distinctive overwhelming odor and taste in garlic comes from the Sulphur content, which accelerates the activities of mucous membranes in the upper respiratory tract, relieving compression and mucus. Its antibacterial phytochemical properties help in treating throat irritations and potent expectorant qualities help treat chronic bronchitis and asthma.
4. Anti-Bacterial: Garlic has a rich combination of vital nutrients like Vitamin C, B6, allicin, potassium, calcium, selenium, magnesium, and flavonoids, rendering it with antibacterial and antiviral properties. They help control bacterial, viral, fungal, yeast, worm infections, and bacteria like E. coli, Salmonella enteritidis, etc.
5. Diabetes: Garlic increases insulin release and regulates blood sugar levels in diabetics.
6. Cures Skin Ailments: Applying fat dissolving garlic extracts to corns on the feet and warts on the hands alleviates the pain and hastens the healing process. Its anti fungal properties help heal ringworm and athlete’s foot.
7. Anti-Cancer: Organosulfida contained in garlic helps the liver to process toxic chemicals, including cancer-causing chemical compounds, lowering risk of stomach and colon cancer. Diallyl sulphides found in garlic inhibit the transformation of heterocyclic amines into carcinogens, preventing breast cancer.
8. Lowers Cholesterol: Garlic has the ability to moderately lower our blood triglycerides, bad LDL cholesterol, and reduce arterial plaque formation.
9. Fights Allergies: Garlic anti-inflammatory property helps the body fight allergies. The anti-arthritic property of garlic is due to diallyl sulphide and thiacremonone which relieves allergic airway inflammation (allergic rhinitis), and itching due to rashes and bug bites.
10. Pain Relief: Garlic anti inflammatory property relieves joint pains especially arthritis.
11. Stabilizes Blood Pressure: Allicin in garlic blocks the activity of Angiotensin II, a protein that contracts blood vessels, helping reduce blood pressure. Red blood cells convert polysulphides into hydrogen sulphide gas which dilates our blood vessels and helps control blood pressure.
12. Relieves Toothache: Garlic also has analgesic properties, antibacterial and anesthetizing, which can help cure toothaches.
13. Treating Acne: Garlic has antibiotic properties and contains compounds that are useful to clean the blood. But not entirely using garlic only, but you have to do further treatment.
14. Improve Iron Metabolism: Diallyl sulphides in garlic increase iron metabolism by stimulating the production of Ferroportin, a protein which helps in iron absorption and release.
15. Aphrodisiac: Garlic thins the blood, dissolves blood clots, dilates the blood vessels and improves blood circulation, rejuvenating the sexual functions.
16. Assists in Weight Loss: The anti-inflammatory property of 1, 2-DT (1, 2-vinyldithiin) found in garlic may help inhibit conversion of Pre-adipocytes into fat cells (adipocytes), aiding weight loss.