Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Anupama Zeena SequeiraYour feedback matters!
How to concentrate on studies? I always try to study I am not able to concentrate? Is there anyway to concentrate?
3 smart tips for brainpower
If you're serious about improving your memory and your cognitive function, you need to know about these three important variables for brain health.
Activated, vitamin D receptors increase nerve growth in your brain, and researchers have also located metabolic pathways for vitamin d in the hippocampus and cerebellum of the brain, areas that are involved in planning, processing of information, and the formation of new memories. In older adults, research has shown that low vitamin d levels are associated with poorer brain function, and increasing levels may help keep older adults mentally fit. Appropriate sun exposure is all it takes to keep your levels where they need to be for healthy brain function. If this is not an option, a safe tanning bed is the next best alternative, followed by a vitamin D3 supplement
Contrary to popular belief, the ideal fuel for your brain is not glucose but ketones, which is the fat that your body mobilizes when you stop feeding it carbs and introduce coconut oil and other sources of healthy fats into your diet. A one-day fast can help your body to "reset" itself, and start to burn fat instead of sugar. Further, it will help you to reduce your overall calorie consumption, which promotes brain cell growth and connectivity. As part of a healthy lifestyle, however, I prefer an intermittent fasting schedule that simply calls for limiting your eating to a narrower window of time each day. By restricting your eating to a 6-8 hour window, you effectively fast 16-18 hours each day.
Your gut is your " second brain" and your gut bacteria transmits information to your brain via the vagus nerve, the tenth cranial nerve that runs from your brain stem into your enteric nervous system (the nervous system of your gastrointestinal tract). There is a close connection between abnormal gut flora and abnormal brain development, and just as you have neurons in your brain, you also have neurons in your gut -- including neurons that produce neurotransmitters like serotonin, which is also found in your brain and is linked to mood. Quite simply, your gut health can impact your brain function, psyche, and behavior, as they are interconnected and interdependent in a number of different ways. In addition to avoiding sugar, one of the best ways to support gut health is to consume beneficial bacteria. You can use a probiotic supplement for this, but i'm particularly fond of using fermented vegetables, because they can deliver extraordinarily high levels of beneficial bacteria. Most people aren't aware that in a healthy serving of sauerkraut – two to three ounces or so – you're getting the equivalent of nearly 100 capsules of the highest-potency probiotic you can buy. It's clearly one of the most cost-effective alternatives.
Hi doctor I got married before 4 years. But still we don't have baby. I went to treatment and doctor say that I'm having pcod. But my periods is normal regular egg growth is also normal in follicular study. Now I'm drinking APCOD sachet. What is the next step to get pregnant and it is possible to get pregnant.
My wife is having constant fever body ache severe head ache. Even her stomach seems to be very tight from 2 days. We got the blood test done. But results showed negative for typhoid malaria and jaundice. Is there a chance for her to suffer from a special type of jaundice where eyes don't get yellow. In our area jaundice is spreading very rapidly. Pls suggest.
I am having agoraphobia taken counselling sessions and cbt. Take medication as an when required lonazep .5 mg. How can I overcome anxiety and fear.
My wife is having multiple personality disorder, she turns very dangerous if she don't take pills, it's hard to live with her, please guide me well.
I am not feeling well emotionally, I am not able to score good grades, which is disappointing my parents and teachers, I used to score good marks before but not now, which is making me depressed, and leading an effect on my health as well, can you please help me doctors?
Friendship is the fuel that keeps life interesting. Imagine a robotic life where you do not have anyone with whom you can chill or unwind at the end of the day. Friends are people with whom you can be yourself without having to worry about needs and requirements or judgements, at least most of the time. They are the layer that lies between your family and the rest of the world and provide you with a balance of sorts as far as insights, outsider perspective, advice for meeting challenges and unadulterated enjoyment go.
But many times, extreme shyness and an introvert nature can stop people from making friends easily. So how can you initiate friendships and keep them close? Here are a few tips!
- Understand Shyness: First of all, understand why you may be shy and how it makes your brain work. Shyness strips you of your security when you are faced with a new place or face. Also, it can lead to dismissive or avoidant behaviour, which keeps us from approaching people and learning more about them. Also, it keeps us anxious and preoccupied and makes us think that we will be met with rejection if we try to initiate friendship. Sounds vaguely familiar? Read on to know more.
- Eye Contact and First Impressions: The first way to initiate a new friendship is by making eye contact and following it up with a smile before the person in question averts his or her gaze. This is an unspoken language that is almost always answered similarly.
- Greeting: You can now approach the person and start by saying hello. It may be someone whom you have been seeing on your way to class or in the office cafeteria or even someone who lives in your building. So chances are, that this person would have noticed you too. Introduce yourself and ask for the person's name.
- Acknowledgement: Use the person's name often to show that you are acknowledging the friendship and ensuring that a bond begins to settle between the two of you from the word go. Offer to introduce this new friend to your other friends as further acknowledge of this new friendship.
- Information: In a new friendship, it is crucial to find common grounds without breaking the barriers of privacy. So ensure that you ask neutral questions about hobbies, family, education, work and other such issues without asking the when, where, what and how of things that might have to be explained by sharing personal details. In this way the person in front becomes more comfortable.
Be aware of the reasons that stop you and build your confidence when it comes to approaching people for friendship!