Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AnupamaYour feedback matters!
Had my menses 7 march and have not had period since. I had sex on 6 April and took postinor 2 first pill 1 hour later and second pill exactly 12 hours on. Now on the 8 April I tested negative for home urine pregnancy test but still not had my period and today is 11 April. Am worried pls help.
Hello. I have pain near my vaginal and anal area since 2 weeks. Even when am siting it pains and sometimes its sudden. I feel its d bone near to that area which is paining. Can you help please.
There is a tonic called dexorange we both used to have it at night time before bed. Is it good to consume that since we are trying for baby.
I am 4 months pregnant. Is it necessary for me to include milk in my diet? Are there any substitutes for the same?
Bones are very essential for our overall health and movement. Though formed early in life, they constantly require adequate nutrition to manage routine wear and tear. If not done, there could be degeneration of the bone (either rapid onset or progress), which can lead to multiple changes such as limited movement, painful movement and a stooped posture.
A good balanced diet is essential for overall health, but bone health is primarily dependent on two important substances – Vitamin D and calcium.
- Calcium: This is the most important mineral in the maintenance of strong bones and teeth. Diet is the only source of calcium, and if the body does not receive adequate amounts of it, what is stored in the bones is removed, making the bones fragile and brittle and porous. This condition is known as osteoporosis. Calcium requirements differ across age and gender, and the following food items are rich sources of calcium:
- Dairy products like cheese, milk and yoghurt
- Green leafy vegetables
- Sea foods like sardines, salmon and fish
- Fortified cereals and beverages
- Calcium supplements
- Avoid aerated beverages as they impair calcium absorption.
- Vitamin D: More than calcium, the body requires vitamin D, without which calcium cannot be absorbed into the blood stream. Vitamin D is present in the gut. It is responsible for absorption of calcium and maintains serum calcium and phosphorus levels. Vitamin D is again received through a combination of sun and diet. Common sources of vitamin D include:
- Fatty fish such as tuna, salmon and mackerel
- Dairy products like cheese and milk
- Fortified products including beverages and dairy products
- Mushrooms, cereals, etc.
- Unlike calcium, Vitamin D can be produced in the system naturally when the body is exposed to sunlight. However, in people who do not receive adequate sun, supplements are also useful.
- Others: Though Vitamin D and calcium are the main components, the following are equally important for bone health.
- Phosphorus: As part of bone crystals, it is found in meat and dairy products. Phosphorus absorption is better if there is adequate vitamin D.
- Magnesium: This is responsible for bone strength. Older people may need magnesium supplements.
- Vitamin A: It is essential for normal skeletal growth and is found in liver, butter, eggs, carrots, and green leafy vegetables.
- Vitamin C: It is present in citrus fruits, tomatoes, etc. and is necessary for collagen synthesis.
Tips for maintaining optimal bone health:
- Have plenty of dairy products and soft fish.
- Reduce intake of acidic foods.
- Improve alkaline food intake.
- Increase intake of antioxidants and lycopene-rich foods.
- Moderate alcohol content.
- Reduce caffeine, soda, and sodium.
- Ensure optimal weight management so there is no added pressure on the knees and ankles.
- Maintain optimal levels of physical activity to ensure mobility.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Is spanish fly liquid safe to give for uterus removed women to get sex feeling but ovaries are not removed is it safe to give few drops in juice for her?
Hi, I had an Unprotected sex with my girl friend on 25th Jan and her periods were on 20 Jan. While sex I masturbated inside her pussy. Please tell whether if she will be pregnant or not?
My wife was suffering from jaundice hepatitis B before 1 month. So can I have intercourse with her? If not now when can I have. Please advice me. She is recovered from it now.
After having sex or orgasm, the amount of liquid released from my vagina is very low. Unlike other girls who cums in a good amount. My partner says, its not normal and a medical issue? I don't have any problem during sex but after orgasm, liquid is released in a very low amount. Looking for your suggestions.
What % of pregnant woman get period like bleeding or period for 4 months each monthly during pregnancy? Is it common or uncommon?
Hi doctors, I am facing a problem, and I am not sure, is it related to my skin or genital. There is an. itching around my vaginal area and skin is red now, should I go to dermatologist or gynecologist?
How to spend time after Ivf treatment. Doctors asked to take bed rest. Is it suggested to take bed rest always with out doing any thing.
Hi I want to know that how can doctor treated me online for medical abortion. If it is done on online consultation. I will definitely go with it.
I am 23 years, married 9 months ago, we are trying for a baby but nothing is happening Scanning is alright, everything is alright but still not conceiving Can I get an advice on this?
My is 75 kg I am physical strong but I want slim beach body Daily doing 30 min power yoga eating roti 3 n sabji rice n fruits yogurt drinking how much time it take to loose weight Exactly please reply me very nice ans.
How many meals should you really have in a day?
With the advancement in nutritional science, researchers have realised that lesser gap between meals means lesser-stored fat which in turn also helps to control blood sugar, boost metabolism and aids in weight management. After three hours of a meal our blood sugar starts falling and after four hours the digestion is complete. After 5 hours we are ready to gobble up whatever comes in our way as the body is looking for a way to refuel. This may lead to consuming high-calorie food.
Eating at regular intervals can save you from binging, keep your blood sugar level stable and help you stay energised. Also, digestion itself is work for the body and the activity leads to burning calories. However, one needs to be careful and not consume very high-calorie meals as that would increase the risk of chronic diseases.
Since everybody is different, there cannot be a set number of meals prescribed for everyone. It depends on when a person feels hungry and how that person would like to deal with it. But you need to understand your body's need for replenishment and provide the nourishment it requires. Hence, according to your body's requirement you should have small meals at short intervals which could range from six to eight in a day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.