Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. AnupamaYour feedback matters!
I and my girlfriend got a sex on 14th on night after one hours she has menses. Will my girlfriend got pregnant . Her menses starts on 17 may but in this month her menses starts 14th on night. Tell me right decision.
I am 22 year female got married last year we are trying to get baby but my vagina is burning after having sex. And at morning while urine it Burns like fire. So please suggest me what should I do?
If I have a sex with my wife till she got pregnant & after two months of pregnant is any problem with baby formation.
1. Reasons-to-quit checklists
2. Why do I smoke?
3. Am I addicted to nicotine?
4. My smoking diary
I have a benign hydrosalphinx in my ovary for last several years. I undergo health check every year . Is it advisable to leave it as it is or remove it surgically.
Being confident is a very essential quality for all human beings, irrespective of their age or profession. Boosting up your confidence level will not only make you feel good about yourself but will also help you to keep your feet firmly on the ground ,no matter what situation you have to encounter in your daily life. Self -confidence also helps you to create a very good impression of yourself and gives you an edge over others, especially when you are trying to seek a job or representing your company or educational institute.
The following are eight proven ways to bolster your level of confidence:
- Think positively. Positive thinking can help you see the better side of every situation you confront. Thus, it can increase your confidence level.
- Being prepared to face new challenges in life and accepting those challenges is another crucial step for improving your level of confidence.
- Volunteer for different causes and activities. You may consider volunteering for social causes or you may also volunteer for different activities at your workplace or institution. This is a very important step for boosting up your confidence.
- Try to visualize your success. If you can see it before your eyes, you can achieve it too. Imagining yourself as successful will automatically elevate your confidence level.
- Find out the true purpose of your life. This will add meaning to your life and thus, can increase your confidence to a whole new level.
- Connect with others more often. Staying alienated most of the time can bring down your confidence level. The more you connect, the more confident you will become.
- Never underestimate yourself and your abilities. Have a strong belief in who you are and what you are capable of. This can make you more confident.
- Try to stay fit and healthy. As we all know health is wealth. Being healthy and fit always will make you feel good about yourself and will thus enhance your level of confidence.
Along with the aforesaid tips, remember to smile always. A bright face will automatically make you appear more confident to others.
In my right hand always swelling is made and my periods are completed in two and half days my age is 35 years. Please help me I have pain also my palm with swalling in both hands
Doctor. I am a 21 year old Girl. I was on my periods on 5th October 2016 nd they finished exactly on 9th October 2016. The Next day i.e. On 10th October 2016, Me and My boyfriend did sex three times and used a condom as well. But with a fear of getting pregnant we both decided to give me a pill of unwanted-72 for safer side and I took that pill at that day only. Then on 15th October 2016, again we both did sex twice and used a condom but then again because of the fear of getting pregnant I again took a pill of unwanted-72 with mutual consent. Doctor. My next periods were supposed to come on 4th or 5th November but today is 13 November 2016 and My periods are not coming and because of this thing I am in severe depression. In between the dates of 28th October nd 5th October. I was feeling the pain of coming periods but that didn't came at anytime instead something white transparent kind of gel came out of my vagina on regular days till now and very uneven smell is also felt over my undergarment nd in vagina. I am taking eggs, coffee, garlic, hot water for the periods to come but they r appearing as of no use to me. I also took the tablets of regular Forte for one day which guarantees the coming of periods in 24 hours of taking but it didn't work as well. I also took pregnancy tests 4 times at alternative days with the test kits available in the market (PREGA NEWS, Pii- Prega Test, Alere- HCG one step pregnancy test device) but they all delivered negative results with a red-pinkish line on C alphabet. Now I don't understand why my periods are not coming. Doctor. Please Help me out this stressing situation. Exams are on my head and just because of this thing I am unable to do my studies. It'll be a geat help please Help me out of this. Doctor please suggest me how my periods come?
Childbirth is a very strenuous procedure, one has to undergo. Just like pregnancy, vaginal childbirth can take a toll on your health. But, there are certain simple tips and tricks you can have up your sleeves which can ensure you stay in optimal health post child birth.
Listed below are a few steps one can undertake to take care of your body after childbirth:
A healthy meal: Since childbirth, both vaginal and Cesarean Section (C-Section), are strenuous procedures, you should choose to eat healthy and balanced meal which provides your body with the necessary nutrients and energy. Since, you are also breast-feeding, you need the required nutrients to pass off to your child.
Good rest is a must: You need to sleep on time and rest to relax your body. If you do not rest enough, you will be able to see the negative effects on your skin, manifesting in the form of puffy eyes and reduced energy levels. This puts extra strain on your body. Hire a nanny if you must; but, make sure you sleep on time to give your body the desired rest.
Work-out: You definitely cannot work-out in full flow after you have just had a child as your body is still healing. However, what you can do is engage in mild forms of Yoga stretches and breathing exercises to relax your body. Working out will help you relax your muscles and lose the fat, your body has gained during pregnancy. It also releases ‘endorphins’, the ‘happy hormones’ which make you feel better, both physically and psychologically.
Drink a lot of fluids: It is advisable for you to consume fluids after childbirth. The fluids relieve your body from toxin build-up and help in detoxifying and relaxing your body. Opt for vitamin based drinks and smoothies which impart sufficient nutrition to your body.
Heal your perineum: The best way to take care of your perineum is by cleaning it with lukewarm water and a few drops of aromatherapy oils or bath salts. Invest in a hazel pad if required as the gentle squirts of water help in cleaning the bacteria and blood off your perineum. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
You study one night before the exam but you manage an all nighter, thus you manage to pass. You study for a week for your sat exams but you manage a score little over 1800. You sit down for a few hours and you manage to finish the work your boss asked for a week ago. You push yourself and get the desired results. These results keep you happy, get the work done (in a long term successful manner) and turn out to be fast as well as effective! but, can you say the same in relation to starving to lose weight? yes it's fast, but is it effective? yes you might look thin, but internally are you happy when you're hungry? yes it's got the job done but will it be a long term success? the answer is no. Starving yourself to lose weight isn't the solution. Why, you ask? well here's a piece of my mind.
Metabolism vs metabolism:
Well the first ones an example of how slow your metabolic rate will be when you starve! since glucose and insulin play a major role in your metabolism levels, insufficient consumption of food will lead to a fall in their levels, eventually causing a decline in your metabolic rate. Then comes the second kind, that fast paced metabolism that's because regular meals keep your digestive system running which in turn paces up your metabolic rates.
No water vs no water weight:
When you decide to starve yourself, you say no to almost any item going into your mouth. You cant live on a peanut for lunch and one fruit for dinner! instead you need to trim the excess weight by getting rid of the water weight by cutting your carbs! for every gram of carb that you consume, your body retains 4 grams of water. No carbs, no retention. No water weight? that's right! say no to carbs, yes to healthy food and bye bye to water weight.
Malnutrition vs nutrition:
After a few months of starvation, there is a major cut in your staple food which leads to insufficient nutrients, vitamin and minerals. Without all the essentials for a balanced diet your body cannot function properly which could lead to serious illnesses and problems. On the other hand, if you eat right your body improves its immunity and keeps even the smallest cough away.
To sleep or not to sleep:
Those who starve themselves tend to get hungry (well, duh) during the odd hours of the night. This either keeps them up late at night or keeps waking them up every few hours. Or, even worse you binge eat at like 3 am. Carbs, fat and dessert! whereas those who eat a well balanced healthy meal end up getting a good night's rest since their body isn't short of food aka energy deprived!
Lethargic lump vs energizer bunny:
After you skip some meals, your body is really low on energy so it uses stored fat as a replacement ie muscles. You'll notice your muscles slowly start to fade away to compensate for the lack of energy in your body. Eventually you won't have the energy to do anything, not even eat (not as good as it sounds!). Actually no energy and no muscle might just make you fat and lazy. If you decide to get off your lazy lump and cook breakfast, you will actually help kick start your body into fat burning mode! also you'll have the energy to exercise which definitely provides better results than starving.
In case of any diet/nutrition related query or to book an appointment with dt. Silky mahajan please send us a mail at info@foodsandnutrition. In or call on 080 6741 7780 (dial extension: 778).
I had a unprotected sex with my fiancee and now she is complaining pain in her vagina. Also, she spotted blood stain when she passed urine after the unprotected sex. Is it normal? If not. Please suggest any medication. Thanks.
Imbalance in the hormones is the primary cause of the polycystic ovarian syndrome. The polycystic ovarian syndrome may result in an enlarged ovary with accumulated fluids. This disorder may lead to various changes in your appearance.
The various symptoms of this disorder are:
- Acne: This disorder may cause or aggravate acne on your skin (learn more about acne problem)
- Abnormal periods: You may face irregularities in your periods as the intervals between periods may extend for more than 35 days or heavy periods.
- Excess androgen: The male hormone known as androgen may increase in the female body which results in facial hair and excessive body hair. It may also cause acne.
- Hair loss: This syndrome may lead to thinning of hair on the scalp and thus, resulting in hair loss (know more Ways to Deal With Hair Loss)
- Enlarged ovaries: The ovaries may be enlarged with various fluid filled sacs.
The various causes of polycystic ovarian syndrome are:
- Low-grade inflammation: The body's immune system produces various substances that fight foreign infections in the body. If you are affected by the polycystic ovarian syndrome, then you are more likely to be affected by inflammation which causes androgen production in the body.
- Heredity: If someone in your family has this disorder then you are more likely to be affected by this disease.
- Insulin: Insulin is a hormone that allows the cells the body to produce energy in the body. You may experience insulin resistance which means energy production in the body may be hampered. It may also lead to increased androgen production which may impair the ovaries’ ovulation ability.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome may lead to various complications in the body:
- Sleep apnea
- Irregular blood pressure
- Type 2 diabetes
- It may increase chances of cardiovascular diseases as it may lead to metabolic syndrome
- It may lead to symptoms of anxiety and depression
- You may experience heavy bleeding in the uterine region
- It may lead to complications in the cholesterol levels in the body
Though the act of intercourse is portrayed as an act of pleasure, achieving an orgasm is an indication of a satisfying sexual act. Inability to achieve an orgasm is far more common in females than in males and this can be due to various reasons.
Read on to know some more about the causes and ways to manage this:
A mix of psychological, social, and physical conditions can lead to orgasmic disorders in female. Some of the common causes are listed below:
- History of sexual abuse
- Poor self-esteem
- Relationship issues, lack of trust, conflicts, etc.
- Cultural or social beliefs
- Advancing age
- Chronic medical conditions like diabetes
- Medications like selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), which are frequently used in depression (depression is common in women)
- Gynecologic issues like hysterectomy
It is a vicious cycle that is contributed by more than one of these factors, which leads to strengthening of the disorder in the future. Types of orgasmic disorders: There are four types of orgasmic disorders, which are as follows:
- Primary anorgasmia: Women with such disorders have never been able to achieve an orgasm.
- Secondary anorgasmia: Over a period of time, women who previously have had orgasms are unable to achieve an orgasm.
- Situational anorgasmia: Women suffering from it would be able to achieve an orgasm only during certain situations like oral sex or masturbation, but may not climax during regular sexual intercourse.
- General: These women could be highly stimulated and aroused, but would still be unable to achieve climax.
Management and diagnosis
The first step in management is diagnosis. A detailed discussion with the doctor about sexual history followed by physical examination can help identify the problem. Being open about discussing this private topic is very important in diagnosis and treatment.
Treatment would depend on the underlying cause, and include the following:
- Diagnose and treat/manage underlying medical conditions like diabetes.
- Switch to an alternate antidepressant if SSRIs are being used.
- Involve in sex therapy where cognitive behavioral therapy is a big component. Becoming aware of what can be is very important.
- Sexual counseling with the partner to resolve any conflicts, improves trust levels and the overall health of the relationship. This is often a major cause for this disorder.
- Involving the partner to help in achieving an orgasm by clitoral stimulation, etc.
- Hormone therapy in the form of a pill, patch or gel may be used to increase sensitization in the genital area. These help by improving blood flow to the genitals and increasing sexual desire.
It is important to understand that female anorgasmia is very common and though it can be frustrating, it can be managed effectively. But do not forget to admit the problem and seek help. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.