Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AnupamaYour feedback matters!
Everyone knows that drinking a cup of coffee before bed can leave you tossing and turning for hours. Eating the right food not only gives the body the right kind of nutrition, it also affects the quality of your sleep. While some foods are sleep deprivers, others are sleep enhancers. Here are a few such types of food that you can include in your diet to improve your sleep.
- Cherries: Cherries are rich sources of melatonin. This is the chemical responsible for controlling the body’s internal clock. A serving of tart cherries in their raw, whole form or a glass of cherry juice(without added sugars) can improve sleep quality and help treat chronic insomnia. It can also be used to fight jet lag.
- Walnuts: These nuts are rich sources of an amino acid known as trytophan. Trytophan boosts serotonin and melatonin production thus regulating the body’s sleep-wake cycle. This can help you fall asleep faster and avoid tossing and turning.
- Milk: A glass of warm milk is a well known home remedy for insomnia. Milk or any form of dairy is rich in tryptophan. As mentioned above, this helps people fall asleep faster by regularizing their circadian rhythm. Additionally, calcium also helps regulate muscle movements and calms the body by fighting stress and stabilizing nerve fibers. If you don’t like the thought of plain milk, you could try other forms of dairy like cheese and yogurt.
- Rice: Jasmine rice and other forms of white rice have a high glycemic index. This means that the body digests rice slowly and hence releases glucose produced during digestion very gradually into the body. This helps cut down the time it takes to fall asleep. A gradual absorption of glucose in the body also prevents a ‘sugar high’ and its accompanying crash. This helps prevent waking up in the middle of the night and ensures that you sleep through the night comfortably.
- Bananas: Bananas are great not only for your overall health but also for your sleep cycle. Bananas are rich sources of magnesium and potassium. These are natural muscle relaxants that promote sleep. They also help fight sleep disorders such as restless leg syndrome and muscle cramps to give you a more restful sleep. Bananas are also rich in carbohydrates that are slow to digest and hence make people fall asleep faster. Combining bananas and milk is a sure shot way of falling asleep faster. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Mere penis me tedapan hai or balls bhi ek chhoti or ek badi hai. Kya ye koi defect hai. Agr hai to iska treatment kya hai ?
I am 24 yr old male. I am not married. Muje sexual problem h. Mera ling/penis me patlapan bahut h or fresh hote waqt whight pani bhi niklta h. Upchar bataye?
I am 58 and diabetic for last 4 years and hypertensive. I wqrk out regularly for about 1 hour daily. Earlier I was a regular jogger but since last one year I go cycling for 10kms and do yoga on alternate days. The question here is earlier I used to sweat a lot during my work out but since last 5 years I do not sweat at all even after work out. Why is it so. Does it have any effect on our health.
The Ayurvedic body of knowledge relies on the rhythms and functions of the body to find the root cause of ailments. The digestive tract or system is one of the most important organs of the body. The entry and accumulation of Ama or toxins can lead to an imbalance in the way the small and large intestines functions along with various other participating organs like the liver and more. As per Ayurveda, the digestive fires or Agni also need to be produced in appropriate amounts.
So how can you understand and take care of your digestive system, the Ayurvedic way? Here's our take on the matter:
- Types of Agni: The digestive system has four kinds of Agni or fire that keeps it in working condition. The Jathar Agni ensures that hydrochloric acid is being produced in the stomach which directly affects the thyroid gland. The Bhuta Agni takes care of the bile acid formation in the liver. The Kloma Agni manages the pancreatic enzymes that help in digesting and absorbing sugar properly. And finally, the Dhatu Agni takes care of the tissue transformation in this entire process and region. A weak state of any of the four Agnis will lead an imbalance and food will not be digested properly.
- Doshas and Agni: As per Ayurvedic science, the state of your Agni and its strength depends on the four Doshas and the one that afflicts your being. In Vata and Kapha Dosha patients, the Agni will be weak which will lead to a 'cold' digestive system where the food will not be digested properly. This can lead to constipation in the long run as well as loose motions and gas. In case there is a Pitta Dosha, the raging fire of Agni will be unbearable, which can lead to acid reflux disease and chronic acidity as well as heartburn.
- Herbs and Spices: The use of herbs and spices while cooking can greatly cool or revive the Angi, depending on your Dosha. Ingesting a sliver of ginger along with lemon juice can help in warming the cold fire of the Agni, along with other aroma releasing spices like cardamom, pepper and licorice. Further, saliva and enzyme secretion can happen with these spices too. Also, these herbs can ensure that your digestion does not work overtime or create excess heat.
- Ama: Using hing to season your meals can also help in better digestion of food and less accumulation of Ama or toxins.
One needs to know the state of the Agni in the body and regulate the diet and routine with proper sleep and food intake patterns, for a well-functioning digestive system. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I am 36 years old. I have the problem of gout (uric acid. Should I take jerivit forte for long time. I have not other problems. I have low libido and premature ejaculation. What will be other medicine for me?
Hello, I'm 29 years old female taking treatment for TB. Its been 1 and half week since I started taking tb tablets weekly thrice .and on empty stomach pan d tablet to stop feeling of vomiting when taking tb tablets. I have regular periods till now. This time my date was on 5th Aug but It haven't started yet. I usually get symptoms 2 days before period like stomach pain and all. This time I don't have any. Is taking tb tablets or pan d tablet delays period? Or my diet has changed. Started having eggs, chicken and fruits daily. Is this the reason? Thanks in advance.
My son had a wheezing problem as a kid & is cured. But reoccurs when he works in the hotel kitchen & when in stress His profession is a chef. Please guide if there is any treatment for the same.
My friend has AIDS. How this syndrome spread from one person to other? What are the main precautions that can be taken to avoid this disease?
How can I treat hydrocele without taking surgery? I am ^& years old male. Oner organ is too big to suffer.
Sir im 22 year old and I use to go washroom to urinate before sleep even some times in a month (2 to 3 times) I'm making bed wetting (urinate on my bed) in my sleep. Is it normal or not? Last couple of days I was do bed wetting in my sleep at midnight after that my mom took off my wet pants & make me naked and tell me to sleep naked, even I got some itching and rashes around my private parts how to get rid from it. And when my mom was pulling down my wet pants to make me naked, I was got a little scratch from her nails on the tip of my penis. Will it occur any problem for my penis in future?
I am 52 yes old. One advised me to consume Amal juice twice @ 20 ml per day. Has it any side effect. I also take garlic pearls two twice daily. Please suggest.
In my eyes have pain when seen screen of mobile and TV on high brightness. I have use glass of brown shade. But its to do headache.
Hello Dr, I am 28 years old, unmarried .I am experiencing pain on the upper part of my penis whenever I make an erection .what is the reason behind this? I am worried.
Regarding Sleepless. I go to bed exactly at 2200 hrs after watching tv program, but after a while I don't feel sleepy and many questions are there after I go to the bed. I usually off my light, music etc and on with dim lights (as per your free solution). So is it necessary to take medicine before going to bed? Thank you.
My husband's semen analysis says teratozoospermia. However per our gynaecologist the reports are normal. Is it really not to be worried about?
• Drink 1 – 2 glasses of lukewarm water early morning to stay healthy and acidity free. Drink more and more water. It is one of the easy Home Remedies to beat acidity. Have a habit to drink warm water after meal at night which helps in proper digestion.
• Coconut water is an effective means for acidity and soothe your digestive system.
• Eat carbohydrate rich food like rice ,which is easy to digest without any acid formation.
• Banana, watermelon and cucumber aid your digestion and good for curing acidity. So, use it in your diet.
• Vegetables like sweet potatoes ,carrot and beet root are effective in fighting acidity. Vegetables such as drumsticks, beans, pumpkin and carrot give you relief from acidity.
• Have dinner two to three hours before sleep, it would ensure food is digested completely and keep you healthy.
• Eat some almonds after every meal, every snack, every time you ingest something basically. Nuts do something to seemingly neutralize the juices in your stomach, relieving and preventing some instances of heartburn.
• Chewing on five to six tulsi leaves when you suffer from acidity is a great way to beat the discomfort you feel.
• Simply chewing on a few saunf seeds can help reduce the symptoms of acidity, as a long term remedy, boil a few seeds in water and leave overnight, drink this water during the day when you feel uneasy.
• Have one teaspoon of amla powder twice a day to help keep acidity at bay.
• Take a probiotic supplement. Probiotics are mixtures of "good" bacteria normally found in your gut.
• Use of honey and water before meals fights acidity.
• You can take cold cow milk before going to bed at night to cure acidity.
• You can chew piece of jaggery after every meal. Potassium present in the jaggery help to balance the stomach acid. Diabetes patients should not take jaggery.
• Sucking ginger is also very beneficial to neutralize stomach acid.
• Exercise daily. Yoga is the best exercise for acidity to cure and reduce it naturally.
• For instant relief from acidity, one should use Jaggery, banana, and yogurt.
• Clove: One piece of clove (laung or lavang) if kept in the mouth for some time can help in reducing acidity. Clove juice that goes into the system with saliva eases the abdomen and stomach greatly.
• Don’t eat fried and oily food.
• Avoid intake of coffee ,tea and soft drinks.
• Avoid eating citrus fruits ,such as sweet lime and oranges , as they have high acid content.
• Stop smoking and limit your intake of alcohol as both can damage the sphincter and cause acid reflux.
• Avoid late nights ,as inadequate sleep can lead to severe acidity.
• Avoid going to bed immediately after having dinner.
• Do not wear tight clothes and lose weight if you are obese. Yoga and meditation can help lessen stress and reduce heartburn.
• Activities that put too much pressure on the stomach and cause acid reflux, such as bending; lifting heavy objects, straining, and coughing should be reduced as well.