Lybrate.com has top trusted Geriatricians from across India. You will find Geriatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Geriatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Anupama GangavatiYour feedback matters!
I am 19 year old male. My palm is getting cold regularly and the nails started turning dark blue/black. Both palms were too much cold that, I'm not able to touch my body part.
My brother and my sister have cold and headache. They taking many medicine's but no any good symptoms I having also fungal infection. On my leg big rings who itching very eritatig. i am using ring-guard but no good please give me suggest.
I am suffering from cough n cold n my full body is painting what should I do even my neck is also paining.Please tell.
I have cold and cough since last week and it's so severe that I start getting chest pain after coughing out so loud! please help me on how to get rid of this severe cold and cough?
In my blood hb is 10.2, my age is 50 yrs (female). Previously I suffered suffered with hyper calcium. Now I want to know on which test I will get calcium levels: more or less.
Suffering from cold and problem of cough and mucus, feeling heaviness in breath too. Also feeling like restless.
I am suffering from cold and cough and fever from last 7 days. Fever will come at night and in morning I am ok. So I am not able to understand whether its viral or not. Please help me for the same.
Hello respected doctors .My sis is having cold cough and fever since 7 days .Since 6 Days she's taking azicip 500 mg one tablet for 3 days ,reaction plus 2 tablets in a day for 4 days as per doctors prescription .But still cough cold and fever haven't reduced .could you please help?
I Am suffering from a cough and cold from about 5-6 years I used many medicines but nothing cures it. Due to this I am having a great headache on my half heads. What remedy should I try.
Influenza is more commonly known as the flu. It is an infection that affects the respiratory system and is caused by the influenza virus. This injection is recommended for kids who are under the age of 6 months. It ensures that the baby is safeguarded from the virus during an influenza outbreak. Since the nature of virus changes year on year, the immunity doesn’t last for more than 1 year. This vaccination is ideally taken during the month of October and November. The effect of the vaccination typically lasts for 6-8 months.
Ideally, kids who have never had a flu vaccination should take 2 vaccinations within 4 weeks. Kids who have received a shot of flu should undertake this vaccination once in a year. This arrangement is ideal up to 9 years of age. Flu shot is extremely important for a kid due to the following reasons:
- It saves a kid from chronic lung and heart disorders such as asthma and cystic fibrosis
- Kids suffering from immune deficiency, cancer, and HIV should take this vaccination to avoid further complication of the existing disease
- Kids suffering from diabetes, kidney diseases, and metabolic disorders should go for this vaccination without a second thought
- Kids suffering from a neurological disorder, haemoglobin deficiency, and anaemia should take this vaccination to refrain from the risk of aggravation of the present disease
- Pregnant women should ideally take it for the safeguarding the fetus
Flu shot should not be taken be taken if:
1. A baby is under the age of 6 months.
2. The baby has thimerosal allergy.
Is flu shot safe?
The flu shot is considered to be very safe. It does not result in flu. Few side effects include:
a. Soreness of the place where the needle is injected. This doesn’t last for more than a couple of day.
b. Body ache and mild fever for the first couple of days after the vaccination is done.
c. There is little to no pain in the place where the injection is injected by the doctor.
What is nasal flu vaccine?
This is an influenza dose that is not injected into the body, but given in the form of nasal spray. Healthy kids above the age of 2 years are fit to get this injection. For those kids who have a history of chronic illness should check with their doctor to go ahead with nasal spray. Each dose is given in each nostril. Like the influenza vaccine, nasal flu vaccine should be undertaken once for those who have already taken this dose once. Kids who have not undergone this vaccination are eligible for 2 dosages each 4 weeks apart from each other. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I am 19 years old and I have problem that I am very allergenic to dust and cold. Little bit of dust cause sneezing and flu and it also cause haemmorage in my nose and my nose bleed.
I am suffering from cold frequently and after that immediately my throat is getting infected. Suggest me the treatment?
1. Blow their Noses: Frequently and Right: Blow their noses often and don't let them gulp the mucus. Don't ask them to exert too much pressure as it might hurt their ears.
2. Gargle Daily: Make your kids gargle with lukewarm water everyday. It moistens the sore throat and gives relief.
3. Give them a Steamy Bath: Make sure they always take bath with warm water. It relieves nasal congestion and makes them feel good
4. Hygiene is a must: Inculcate good personal hygiene.
5. Hand Wash: Ensure frequent Hand Wash with antiseptic lotion and lukewarm water.
Click on consult privately to ask me any questions regarding your kid's health.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.