Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AnupamaYour feedback matters!
Front will have artificial teeth and to support those teeth, crown will be fitted on molars. Denture is of ceramic. Dentist is saying that no need to make gums on those artificial teeth as it will not be visible. Gums will be upto canine teeth only.
I developed pain in the right side of my throat, just below my jaw overnight. Before sleeping there was an itch inside my right ear which progressed to this area. I have pain while swallowing but not while speaking. Kindly tell me what this problem is.
I get bad deposits in my tooth even though I brush twice a day and get scaling done once in 8 months. Any suggestions?
I am 23 years old male have a tootheche to present time problem - masoodho ka foolna blood nikalna. Please advise.
I am suffering from tooth pain since 7 days took the painkiller but no relieve kindly prescribe some medicine?
Instead of extraction of a painful decayed tooth opt for root canal treatment of the tooth.Every tooth is important to maintain the harmonal balance of the biting forces.With newer technologies, most of the root canal treatment are painless.
Said mare muh main ulcer hote hai pair main be garnish rahti hair medicine Koi fark nail pda Koi medicine ?
I wear permanent braces on my teeth before 3 months but there is no result I have seen in my teet so please tell me how many time I see the perfect result on my teeth, is this taken so much time for a perfect teeth. I am so confused please satisfied me with this.
Hi, I am 28 yrs old, female and I have a pain in my left gum (mouth) for last 1 months. What should I do.
I am 57 years old and am on Venlafaxine XR 150 mg for Depression. Of late due to tooth ache I am taking NSAID nimesulide 100 mg 1-1-1. Is it safe to combine these two drugs? Please advice.
I am a diabetic 55 years old as all my teeths are in mobilty condition dentist suggested me to go for full mouth extraction and 10 implants and fixed dentures at a cost of 5 lacs. Some told me that implant is failure for diabetic .Please advise.
Gum disease begins with the growth of bacteria in your mouth and it may end with loss of teeth. Thus, the severity of gum disease or periodontitis should not be underestimated. Tooth loss mainly happens due to the destruction of the tissue which surrounds the teeth.
Types of gum disease:
- Gingivitis: Gingivitis is basically the first stage of periodontitis. It causes bleeding from the gums and also causes immense pain in the teeth.
- Periodontitis: In periodontitis, the gum and teeth separate. A gap is formed between the two which may cause debris to accumulate in the space and cause other infections.
Causes of gum disease:
The exact cause of gum disease is not known but here are some of the possible causes:
- Hormonal changes: Hormonal changes during pregnancy, menopause and puberty are just some times the gums become more sensitive and gingivitis develops.
- Illnesses: Cancer, HIV, diabetes and other illnesses may cause problems with the immune system and damage the gums. This is an example of how gingivitis is caused as a complication of other disorders.
- Bad habits: Smoking causes gum disease as you may already know.
- Poor oral hygiene: Not brushing and flossing may lead to accumulation of food materials in the mouth causing gum diseases.
- Family history: Family history is also a major contributing factor to what may cause gum disease.
The treatment prescribed for gum disease depends how deep it is set and whether it is a case of gingivitis or periodontitis. Here are the possible treatments for gum disease:
- Professional dental cleaning: This is the most common treatment used in the early stages of gum disease. In fact, dental cleanings are usually used to prevent it and are used as soon as tartar and plaque buildup.
- Scaling and root planing: This is also a type of cleaning except that it needs to be done under a local anesthetic as there is a certain degree of pain involved in the procedure.
- Surgery: Surgery is also sometimes used to remove the infected pockets and put the gums back in their original place.