Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anumeet Kaur
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Anumeet KaurYour feedback matters!
Here's the reason as to why you must brush and floss. At any given time, you will have 6 million bacteria living in your mouth.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
Undergoing root canal treatment Pain not stopping from a week after taking medicine regularly Maybe some infection or anything Need help. Taken pain killer n antibiotic both still its not stopping.
What will cost of operation for mouth opening due due to eating gutkha by laser and how many days have to spent in hospital.
1 am 17 years old guy. Frm last 6 mnths in ever week I got a red coloured measels or don't kno what its so called. Occurrd inside my mouth. and with thz I cant eat any thing and it always pain (jalan) in it. So doctors please suggest what should I do. and I have more query that I am so thin, how should I make my body. Please doctors suggest me. Thank you.
Hello sir, I have many black spots on my tongue is this problem is related to liver? Please tell me.
Hi I have bad breathing problem. Please suggest me something. Sometimes I wash my mouth with mouthwash but still issue is there? Do I need to clean tongue daily, which I started recently.
Dear Sir/ madam I am married couple. When I am doing foreplay then smelling comes from my partner's mouth who is very bad. So please suggest me a mouth freshener spray who is better for us during the foreplay and there is no side effect.
Removal of teeth is gradually not the first option for a lot of dental issues. However, a large number of dental infections and other causes end in extraction. The front teeth, because of their visibility, are more likely to be replaced. The back teeth often go un-replaced, though they play a higher role in terms of food digestion and function. In many patients, reasons for impaired bite and crooked tooth are traced back to failure to replace a removed tooth. (Learn more to maintain healthy teeth)
Let us look at the some of the issues as a result of not replacing a missing tooth:
- Reduced chewing/digestive efficiency: The back teeth play a significant role in chewing the food and contributing to the initial stage of digestion. The salivary enzymes play a significant role in digestion when the food is chewed and removal of back teeth tends to make people swallow food faster than if good amount of chewing were to happen. Studies show that loss of each posterior tooth (molars especially) reduces tooth efficiency by 10%.
- Malocclusion: A malocclusion happens due to the empty space created, into which 3 teeth are trying to move. The tooth before and after the empty space tend to slowly tilt towards the empty space in between. Also, the opposing upper or lower tooth supra erupts into this space. Each tooth plays a critical role in maintaining the adjacent and opposing tooth in place, which is lost when a tooth is not replaced after removal.
- Bone loss: The tooth also is essential for maintaining healthy bone, and if not replaced, it can lead to accelerated loss of alveolar bone. Good bone support is very essential for construction of dentures, especially in old age, when complete dentures which are almost always removable need to be done. This is true especially in the lower teeth, where denture retention is a big challenge.
- Extra pressure on other teeth: Not replacing a tooth puts additional pressure on the remaining teeth, leading to accelerated bone loss and wearing off of the enamel.
- Esthetics: There will be a sinking in of the face when back teeth are not replaced, leading to a puckering.
So, the next time, tooth loss is inevitable, ensure you plan how to replace it in the earliest possible time period. The more it is delayed, the more difficult it is to replace it and the more expensive it will turn out for the patient. Fixed dentures or removable dentures can be the options, depending on age, food habits, finances, etc. Implants also could be another option, which is the new-age solution for replacing teeth. A detailed discussion with your dentist, ahead of removal will help you plan better. (know more for Nutrition and Dental Health)
So today we are going to talk about implants which is a hot topic nowadays for patients and for practising doctors also. So when is that you can have an implant in your mouth. You can have an implant in your mouth when you have a missing tooth. Like you can see in a model here. There is one tooth that is missing. This is a lower molar. In actual the teeth are placed like this in your mouth. So there are the roots, there is the crown and where there is a missing tooth you can see the empty socket here. So when you have a missing tooth in your mouth there are ways to replace it and with the latest technology, we can have a fixed tooth in your mouth which has no relation to your adjacent teeth.
What is an implant?
Implant is nothing but titanium screw. As you can see in this model. The implant is a titanium screw which is made up of titanium and titanium has this unique property of binding with your Alveolar bone. This is how an implant is placed in your socket and this is how it will be inside your bone and as we are talking about the lower jaw we put this implant in your lower jaw bone. We leave it there for three months in case of lower bone and in case of upper bone for six months and this time period is very important for the implant to re-mineralise to reintegrate to become the part of your bone. This is the unique property of titanium and after that what we can do is we can give you a cap with which you can apply all the masticatory forces and you can eat with this tooth. As you can see in the model it is independent of your front and back tooth. It has no relation with your front and back tooth. It is totally independent. And you can see from inside also. This complete procedure takes about three months for the lower jaw and around six months for the upper jaw in case there are no bone deformities, there are no bony disturbances.
One of the important concerns or things which would like to confirm from the patients is the sugar levels, and his or her habits. Because of sugar if it is not at the level if it is fluctuating sugar levels. Then implants success rate will go down and in case you are a heavy smoker then also implants success rates will also go down. But otherwise, implants have a success rate of 90 to 95% all over the world. So it’s great of restoring your missing tooth.
In case you have any doubts you can consult me in my clinic at smile experts or you can connect to me on lybrate.