Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anu SridharYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, I am getting married 2 years but not get baby, I have baby so what can I do for getting my baby please suggest me, your tips very useful to me Please help me Thank you.
We often wander around, spending huge amounts to look for solutions to our health problems. We seldom realize that we can find them in our own house in the simplest forms. Apple Cider Vinegar is one such ingredient that can be your rescuer from some of the most common and persistent health issues that we face today:
- Keeps blood sugar in control: Studies show that people who suffer from type 2 diabetes and do not consume insulin can have lower glucose levels in the morning if they take two tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar before bed. Some studies also reveal that consumption of a mixture of this vinegar and water before having a carbohydrate-rich meal can lower sugar levels.
- Helps in weight loss: The acetic acid present in apple cider vinegar controls the appetite and in turn increases the metabolism of your body. Studies also state that the vinegar reacts with the body's process of digesting starch which ensures that not much calories enter the bloodstream.
- Relieves you from a blocked nose: The potassium content in vinegar helps to thin the mucus and the acetic acid in it kills the bacteria which causes the blockage. Consuming one teaspoon of the vinegar in a glass of water can be your way out from the sinus drainage.
- Whitens Teeth: Apple cider vinegar would do the magic if you are having yellow and stained teeth. Before you brush your teeth, all you have to do is gargle your mouth with the vinegar. It helps kill the germs in your mouth and also banishes the stains on the teeth, thus making them look whiter.
- Helps fight dandruff: The acetic acid in the apple cider vinegar makes it a tough for the yeast-causing dandruff to grow. Mix a cup of vinegar in equal quantity of water and spray it on the scalp. Wrap a wet towel onto your head and leave it on for a minimum of 15 minutes before you wash off your hair.
- Reduces Cholesterol: It is believed that apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid which helps reduce bad cholesterol. Although most researches are carried out on rats and cannot be completely reliable when it comes to humans, some Japanese studies show that half an ounce of this vinegar each day resulted in lower cholesterol levels in people.
All in all, apple cider vinegar may not prove to be a complete cure to your health problems, but like they say, precaution is better than cure.
Good morning sir. Somebody is saying that using contraceptive pills within 72 hrs after sexual attachment, we can prevent pregnancy, how is it possible and which age group can use this, can 16+use this or anyone can use this? Kindly suggest me the answer sir.
My age 26 year and I have two child but last delivery birth baby born 2 year old that time to today not start period MC why not period problem weight 50 kg.
Hello doctor. I.m 23 years old. And I.m.pregnant. Very stretch marks and black spot in. My tummy. What is the precaution?
I am 25 year old female. After sex with my bf I had unwanted 72 and got period before 10 days and from last 5 days its bleeding too much n having pain. What should I do.
I want to know the list of good and bad fruits for pregnant ladies. I am confused which I need to avoid and what type of fruits I need to eat when I have pregnancy.
What are the dos and dont's for polycystic ovaries. Everytime I go to gynecologist, she asks me to take oral contraceptive tablets. I take for 3 to 4 months, then cysts go off and after few months it comes back.
Hello Doctor, My age is 32 l am having some problems in conceiving My Amh level is low 0.30 I have been asked to go for Ivf with donor egg. Today is my 3rd day of menses and I am having menstrual cramps in my lower abdomen and pain in left side of low abdomen and having fever also 101 degree. My cycle has started from 5th day I am asked to take tablet ovral g one tablet for 20 days and then asked to come on 13th June for some injection. I will visit general physician today for fever and cramps. The medicine he will gve Will not clash with my Ivf cycle. Is there any precaution I need to take. Any diet changes Pls reply. Thanks.
Health Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water
1. Lemon is an excellent and rich source of vitamin c, an essential nutrient that protects the body against immune system deficiencies
2. Lemons contain pectin fibre which is very beneficial for colon health and also serves as a powerful antibacterial
3. Having warm lemon juice early in the morning helps flush out toxins
It aids digestion and encourages the production of bile
4. It is also a great source citric acid, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium
5. It helps prevent the growth and multiplication of pathogenic bacteria that cause infections and diseases
6. It helps reducing pain and inflammation in joints and knees as it dissolves uric acid
7. It helps cure the common cold
8. The potassium content in lemon helps nourish brain and nerve cells.
9. It strengthens the liver by providing energy to the liver enzymes when they are too dilute.
10. It is of immense benefit to the skin and it prevents the formation of wrinkles and acne
11. It helps maintain the health of the eyes and helps fight against eye problems
12. Aids in the production of digestive juices
13. Lemon juice helps replenish body salts, especially after a strenuous workout session.
14. It balances to maintain the ph levels in the body.
15. It helps balance the calcium and oxygen levels in the liver in case of a heartburn, taking a glass of concentrated lemon juice can give relief.
I had undergone abortion in the month of August. Will the USG of whole abdomen will show the signs of my pregnancy or abortion?
Everyone has heard the advice 'drink eight ounce glasses of water a day', which is popularly known as 8 by 8 rule. Another popular advice is 'drink 4 glasses of water empty stomach', aka Usha Paana Chikitsa, a term used widely in Ayurveda. People advocate intake of water on empty stomach, describing how it cleanses the body and cures wide range of diseases starting from allergies to Cancer. Messages regarding its benefits are forwarded in whatsapp groups and on facebook as if it’s the elixir of life as described in the world renowned book 'The Alchemist'.
Usha Paana in Ayurveda
Originally described in Rasayan Adhyaay of Ashtang Hruday, it has been stated that a person who drinks Sheetodak i.e cold water early morning will continue to remain young. Many people start following this process
blindly without understanding the fine details involved.
- First of all this has been described as a rasayan and hence, it should be only followed by a person who has underwent detoxification through Panchkarma. Even if detoxification is not possible for everyone in today's era atleast the concerned person should be devoid of any illness.
- Secondly according to Ayurveda, a person should get up at Brahma Muhurat i.e around 5.30 am. So even if without detoxification a person has to practice Usha Paan as a routine then he should consume it at around 5.30 am in the morning after passing stool because that’s the first thing that has been advised after getting up.
Half the people who practice Usha Paan Chikitsa, drink water to help them get relieved of constipation, which is actually bad for their health. It is as if they try to push the stool out from their body by drinking excess water.
Relation of water intake and meals:
'Sam Sthula Krusha Bhukta Madhya Antah Prathama Ambu Pah'
A simple sutra mentioned in DravDravyadi Vidyaaneya Adhyay describing effects of water intake while having food, after intake of food and before intake of food.
- It has clearly stated that a person who drinks water while consuming food continues to remain in same state of health i.e swastha (Healthy).
- If a person wants to gain weight, then he should drink water just after consuming his meal. (Max 160ml)
- If a person wants to lose weight, then he should drink water just before consuming his meal.
Here drinking water just before meals will make the person get a feeling of fullness and hence automatically, his food intake will decrease. Of course he has to stop eating as soon as his hunger is satiated. He should not eat food just because he eats that much quantity everyday.
To know the quantity of appetite a person should have just consider to divide your hunger/appetite in four parts. Consume food, which will fill two parts. Have one part water and keep the remaining one part of your appetite empty.
Another advice we get from many people, especially from Naturopathy is to not have any water during meals Have a jug (450 ml and above) full of water after 40 Mins of consumption of food.
Firstly this advice has nothing to do with Ayurved. Naturopathy and Ayurved are not even closely related.
We Ayurved practitoners follow the sutra given below :
Ajirne Bheshajam Waari Jirne Waari BalPradam
Bhojane Cha Amrutam Waari Bhojanaante VishPradam
- If a person suffers from indigestion then he should consume Ushnodak Jal (warm water) as medicine.
- Water consumed after the food is digested (Minimum 6 hrs after meal) will increase Bala (Body Strength).
- Water consumed during consumption of meals will act as Amrut (Elixir of Life).
- Water consumed in large quantity after meals will act as a Visha (Extinguishes the Agni of Body).
- Here large quantity is important because bahu ambu paan (Very HighWater Intake) is responsible for initiation of many diseases according to Ayurved.
- Water to be drank after meals to increase weight is not in large quantity but around a glass only 160ml max. So no question of conflict arises between the two sutras.
How much water intake should be considered necessary?
A very tricky question as it has got no straight answer. Every person's need varies according to their body needs as well as their line of work. This can be easily explained by an example, A businessman,a farmer,an army man all work for eight hours. Business man is sitting in an A.C office. The farmer is toiling in the Sun. The Army man is guarding our border in the Desert. Will each of them require the same quantity of water? The answer is definitely NO. The same way, even if you are living together in the same family every member's water intake need will be different. To come up with a general statement which can be useful for everyone, it can be said that instead of having 8 ounces glass of water a day kindly.
'Remember to have 8 ounces of fluid (liquid in any form) a Day''
Maximum researchers/Doctors agree with the above statement. Fluid means any liquid. It may be soup, juice, dal etc. Next time you come across advice regarding water intake, I hope information shared by me will help you take the correct step.
Detoxification is a process in which a person makes lifestyle changes to clear body of toxins. These lifestyle changes involve abstaining from harmful things. Some changes are temporary, such as following a cleansing diet, others are permanent.
Toxins are substance that can be poisonous or cause negative health effects, it can be metals, chemicals, pollutants, artificial food ingredients, pesticides, and poisons.
The Body and Detoxification
- The excretory system in the body plays the largest role in detoxification. The main organs involved in excretion are the skin, liver, lungs, large intestine, and kidneys.:
- The liver filters and excretes waste, hormones, drugs, and other foreign substances.
- The lungs help remove carbon dioxide.
- The large intestine converts waste into stool that is expelled from the body through defecation.
- The kidneys filter the blood and help remove waste from the body through urination.
- The entire body relies on this system to live a healthy life.
- Your body is detoxifying itself all the time, around the clock, 24x7
Ways To Detox Your Body:
Take green vegetables and fruits over fast food and other processed foods. Avoid pesticide contaminated foods
Exercise & Meditation
- Exercise and meditation help maintain a healthy body. Exercising helps body to sweat, and this helps release toxins through your skin.
- Meditation helps to keep your mind clear and reduces stress.
- Few foods stuffs that aids in detoxification like garlic, lemon, broccoli sprouts, mung beans, and raw vegetables.
- Raw diet – like uncooked fruits and vegetables along with raw nuts, seeds, and sprouts.
- Juices – made from fresh fruits and vegetables.
Breathe Clean Air
- Breathing clean air reduces your exposure to toxins especially over your home and work areas.
- Proper ventilation at home and work placePlanting.Planting house plants which act as natural air purifier.
Drinking Luke warm water a glass everyday is a powerful tool to detoxify the waste in body. Bathing with luke warm water also soothes and remove toxins from body.
I'm in my 2 nd month of my pregnancy. From the beginning of second month itself I have severe ache from my knee to toe. I couldn't even sleep properly. Pls tell me what shall I do to overcome from pain. Apart from this I also need to know from which month of my pregnancy do I need to do exercise and walking.
Sir my wife had molar pregnancy and cleared last DEC 2015 now her bhcg came to norma.(that means. 1) shall we try now for a baby orlelse how long I should wait. Please guide me. Am so scared. And which type of food she have to take for prevent another molar pregnancy.
Galactorrhea is not a disease per se, but more of an underlying medical condition or a symptom that involves discharge of a milky fluid from the nipples, which is not the breast milk. It becomes especially crucial owing to the similarity of the two, when breastfeeding the baby is concerned. It may happen even while you are not lactating or not even pregnant, mostly in menopausal women. Strangely, the syndrome has also shown to have occurred to men and children, irrespective of gender.
What are the contributing factors to the development of Galactorrhea?
- Galactorrhea is a major side effect of certain kinds of medication that leads to hormonal imbalance and ultimately leads to quasi-lactation.
- Increase in the levels of prolactin can result in Galactorrhea which may be due to a number of reasons ranging from excessive stimulation in the nipples and chest area (during sexual activities), or pituitary and thyroid problems. The former is not a major cause of worry. The latter can be fixed with proper medication.
- Kidney disease and spinal cord surgery may also result in this phenomenon.
- Substance abuse and birth control pills may also be responsible for breast discharge.
- At times, the causes for Galactorrhea may not be certifiably determined.
Various symptoms of Galactorrhea include:
- Milky discharge from one or both breasts simultaneously.
- Discharge may be continuous or intermittent.
- Density and amount of discharge may also vary.
- In case of women, this may have a direct effect on periods, leading to irregular menstruation.
- The discharge may occur without pressure or when an external agency is involved.
- Headaches and worsening vision are also said to occur.
When you experience a nipular discharge, the most common tests you should undergo include a pregnancy test, prolactin level exam, mammography, ultrasounds, even an MRI for the pituitary gland evaluation. Based on the result, your physician prescribes the required medicines or advises you to stop taking a particular medicine that might be causing this discharge in the first place.