Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. AntonyYour feedback matters!
I'm 25 years old. I have too much big front teeth and overbite also. Which treatment I should prefer?
I am 21 and My gums bleed every time I spit and experience very bad breath. I can see a yellow layer at the end of every teeth and at the starting of the gum. What should I do?
When I brush my teeth, I have bleeding from gums. What is the best treatment to stop this? I am 48 years old, non diabetic and no other health problems.
Hello actually I am facing very major problem from 3-4 months me apna mouth proper tarah se open nahi kr parhi hu meko kaafi left side se pain hora hai jbh me yawn krti hu tbh meko bhut jyda pain hota hai left side me or abh ear me b pain hone lga hai left side ke me kuch din pehle doctor pass gyi homeopathy ke unhone kaha ya toh apko ear infection hua hai ya apko mouth me swelling hogyi hai nerves dab gyi hai unhone phir mujhe 2 homeopathy ka dawai diya bt jese he me vo leri meri halat khrbh ho jarhi hai meko pura mouth me pain hora hai dono side se mujhe kuch khane me b kaafi nakli hori he mouth me bhut pain hora teeth me koi problem nhi hai mere samj nhi aarha me karu kya kaafi problem hora mouth kholne me meko.
I have Dental problem, there is line in my teeth. So please suggest me the treatment. Also I want to how to get rid of stomach worms?
A bulge has appeared at the back of tooth, probably for the new tooth. It is causing a lot of pain. How can the pain be controlled. Give some homemade tips plz.
I am using Guthka since last 8 year and I am 28 year old. I am unable to open my mouth. Hardly one finger inside the mouth. Please suggest me. And also feel too much pain during eat. My thing is also not moving properly. Is that sign of cancer,
Hi, I had the second tooth from the back lower right removed 3 days ago. My gums and front teeth are now itching and on edge. And the gums directly above the extraction feel a bit sore. Is this normal following and extraction? The area where the tooth has been removed is fine and appears to be.
I am 32 yers old. Suffering from lichen pales in mouth gums, lips, what can I do? please tel me treatment.
I am 32 years, i am suffering from OSMF (oral submuscous Fibrosis) from last 4/5 year. What should i do?
Always brush two time daily after this also my mouth has bad breath like rotten things.I don't have drinking and smoking habit. What should I do?
I am having problem of cavity. And my 3rd molar is coming so it pain a lot and its coming not in exact direction so any solutions of that.
I was addicted for pan masala (jarda), but now i left, but my mouth is not opening fully & there seems to be a wound on the end of gum, please suggest any gel or liquid for healing of wound.
I am 24 years old. I have got tartar or plaque on my teeth of lower jaw from past 4 months. What would be the treatment I have to undergo and what I have to do to prevent it from further growing?
My teeth are too much in front so instead of braces which treatment is there because braces I'm using from 2 years and nothing's happening.
Tobacco has many ill effects on the health of an individual. Dental health is equally affected with use of tobacco. From dark stains to poor gum health to increased incidence of decay to the more severe effects like oral cancer, tobacco has a very detrimental effect on your dental health. Read on know more about how harmful tobacco can be on the dental system.
- Brown teeth and tongue: One of the tell-tale signs of a smoker are the brown teeth and stained tongue and lips. A dentist need not even be told that the person smokes, it just shows!! What is interesting is that these stains on the teeth do not easily go away with a scaling (Cleaning of teeth), they just continue to form as long as tobacco is being put into the system.
- Gum disease: The oral health of a smoker is definitely not at its best. With the stains on the teeth, the gums are more prone for irritation and infection. This leads to grayish, unhealthy gums. The periodontal fibers are also affected, leading to bad breath, pocket formation and even tooth mobility in severe cases. The mouth is generally drier in comparison and so bacterial growth is more favored, further accelerating the process of gum disease and teeth decay.
- Dental caries: The increased amount of bacteria and dryness in the mouth leads to greater incidence of dental decay. Chances of cervical decay (decay around the gum line) and root decay are higher in smokers.
- Bad breath: Use of tobacco in itself cause bad breath which is exacerbated by dry mouth caused by useof tobacco.
- Impaired taste: The tongue has a constant coating too, leaving the taste buds unable to completely taste food substances. Ask any smoker a couple of questions and you would realize how they never get to enjoy and taste the food as it should be.
- Poor healing: Whether it is a gum disease, a tooth removal or a root canal therapy, smokers who go for dental treatment need a longer time to respond compared to nonsmokers. If smoking is continued at the same pace, then the chances of developing a dry socket with an extraction or a failed root canal therapy are quite high. There are more failures reported in success of implant in smokers as compared to non smokers.
- Cancer: The most dangerous and the most severe of all, cancer of the cheek, gums, lips, tongue, roof of the mouth can all happen in smokers, twice more likely in comparison with non-smokers.
Now, if all these are not good enough to kick the habit, remember this list is only for the mouth and the teeth. The whole body goes through a lot more harmful effects, and that should be a good reason to quit tobacco use in any form. If you need professional help, do not be embarrassed to seek.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!