Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Anthony P RozariaYour feedback matters!
What are the symptoms of dehydration and dysentery and I also wanted to know the cause and its harms.
Hello doctor my mom has severe acidity problem. Presently she's having roles d twice a day. As Dr. prescribed. Still no change. What could be the reason.
I have Gallbladder stones can this will be cure with medicines without surgery. If yes then suggest me how to get rid of that.
I suffer from peptic ulcer. Endoscopy report shows Mild fundal gastric. please prescribe me proper diet. Is this danger?
Hello Doctor, I have problem of acidity (Burning in Throat, Which come often i.e. every 2 or 3 day i will have the issue of acidity. I take the tablet Omez to reduce it. Can you please suggest how can over come with this problem
I am suffering from gastric. Every three hours if I eat something I didn't feel gastric I i didn't eat feeling upper abdomen gas its very discomfort pls suggest solutions I tried almost al medicine.
Dear madam, i am 26 years old. I am suffering with stool passing /gas problem. I get lot of pain after taking meals or breakfast. This pain lasts half an to 2 hours after that only I can go to pass the tool. This is happening from last 1 and half year. 6 months back I took syrup called duphalac/lactulose solution usp. With this constipation has been reduced. But still i am getting the pain and some part of stool pipe comes out while passing the stool it remains for hours. I have some other problems like neck pain/savior headache/back ache/stomach pain /and pain at uterus. From last 3 years i am suffering with irregular periods. I get tired easily. I get yawning very frequently. I need to sleep at least 10 hours a day. I took some medicine by gynecologist advise. Now from last 2 months i am getting monthly period. If you have any solution for me please suggest me.
I have stomach ache. My stomach keeps gurgling feels heavy in the stomach. Feels like gas in the stomach. What to do.
I am 49 year old man. I have been suffering from gall bladder stone. Please advice how can I remove it with out surgery.
Solution of fatty change liver problem? My age is 22 Weight - 76 kg Height - 5 ft 9 inch My daily diet is simple No use fast food No use oily food Drink water 2 litre daily.
Iam feeling acidity since last three months, in I have to drink water again and again, then after some time I have to go for bathroom every about an hour what should I do.
From last two months I suffer from gas and belching weakness all the time whatever I eat I have gas feel very upset all day what I can do.
My doctor has advised me for a surgery since I am suffering from gall bladder stone. What will be the appropiate one pin hole or surgery & what will be the cost for pin hole & surgery?
In healthy individuals, the liver contains little or no fat. In overweight or obese people, gradual fat accumulation leads to significant liver disease. Interestingly, these individuals may be consuming minimal to no alcohol. So, alcohol, which is the main cause for liver damage, does not have a significant role to play.
The non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) has 4 significant stages as outlined below. It is a chronically progressive disease and may take years to reach the final stages of cirrhosis and fibrosis.
1. Simple fatty liver (steatosis): This is usually identified when diagnostic tests are done for some other suspected conditions. There are usually no symptoms obvious in this stage, other than the buildup of fat in the liver.
2. Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH): The second stage where the liver is inflamed to a greater extent due to fat accumulation.
3. Fibrosis: The next degree of inflammation where blood vessels may be narrowed leading to scarring in the liver with impaired liver functions.
4. Cirrhosis: This is the most severe stage that occurs due to years of cumulative inflammation. The liver shrinks in size, is scarred, and liver functions are markedly impaired and can also result in liver cancer.
Risk factors for NAFLD: The exact reason why a person develops NAFLD is not established, but some of the risk factors include
1. Obesity, with more weight concentrated around the abdomen
4. High cholesterol levels
5. Age greater than 50
Symptoms: This will depend on the stage in which it is identified. While there are no symptoms in the early stages, in some people there could be a dull, aching below the ribs, unexplained weight loss, weakness, and extreme tiredness. As it progresses to cirrhosis, there could be jaundice, fluid accumulation in the abdomen and feet, and itching of the skin.
Management: While there is no treatment aimed at curing the disease per se, there are ways to manage the symptoms, as noted below.
1. Weight loss: Reducing excess accumulated fat will help reverse symptoms and prevent further progression of the disease. A BMI of 18 to 26 is considered optimal.
2. Dietary changes: Modify your diet to a carbohydrates and protein rich and reduced fats and sugars. Increasing fiber through fruits and vegetables is highly recommended.
3. Exercise: Whatever your choice of workout, it will do wonders for NAFLD. Keep a target of an hour or two of moderate to intense exercise per day to reduce weight.
4. Smoking: This is another risk factor and can also help prevent other effects of NAFLD such as diabetes and heart disease.
NAFLD is highly controllable with these changes and other damages can be reversed too. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.