Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Anthony P RozariaYour feedback matters!
I am 26 yr old male, suffering gastric problems for last few years. I am not getting full relief by using some tablets & syrups prescribed by physicians. My problem is geting out too much gas thru both end with high sound especially in morning and always while having food & after food. In the morning time feeling to vomit while try to get out gas and some times feel chest pain or somthing burn in chest. And now always feeling bad breath also. (doctors normally advicing me to take omeprazol, pantozol, etc.) now one Dr. Told me to check blood h. Plori. Please give me advice on these.
I am 30 year old male and have acidity problem from last 3 years my doctor suggest me a endoscopy. What should I do go with doctor or taking swcong opinion.
I am 22 year old MALE. I have gas problem From past 5 days. Stomach ache problems sometimes much. What should I do? No loose motions.
Hi I Am 23 year old guy and I want to know about my health whichever food I m eating doesn't get digest properly or sometime I m feeling so weak and bECAUSE of this I am not able to do any work at a given time and I m feeling sleepy in the afternoon at office and one more thing which is related to my sexually life is I doesn't getting erected properly so what to do please tell me.
I m 36 years old and I m suffering from muscles pain, acidity / gastric problem and also feeling very much illness or weakness. I think I also loss my stamina power. And I found also some blood in my stool.
I am having acidity problem. It make me panic. Abdominal muscles pain back pain. Internally feeling hot body. Sometimes headache and nausea. Please guide.
I am Male-60 years old. About 8-9 years back I was operated for hernia on left side. Now again I am getting some problems. More gas is leaking frequently. Please advise suitably.
Suffering from bronchial asthma since childhood i.e. 8 years of age. Of and taking steroids with gaps of few years. Though with Sahajyoga meditation its much better for last 6-7 years but skin allergies and sinus problem has increased. Homoeopathy meditation is helping me now but IBS is troubling. Please advise.
I was diagnosed as granuloitis colitis .but suspected with chronic disease also. Colonoscopy has been done and biopsy taken. It shows only superficial ulcers .mtb not present. And histopathology report shows granuloitis colitis. I also done test tb gold which shows tb positive. The fever is 102 to 103 regular since 7 days. typhoid ,dengue, nemonia all tests are negative. Is it tb or chronic diseases?
I am suffering from stomach problem and I also have a digestion problem within 2 weeks what can I do please give the suggestions.
My brother has stomach pain from last night. Symptoms show that it could be food poison. He vomited 4 times last night. What to do.
I am suffering from jaundice and I m not able to digest anything, so what food items are safe for me. Does jaundice spread?
Sir mujhe pareshani h. Bhojan thik se na pachna, Bhok na lagna, kabjiyat ,acidity , bar bar ulti hona. please help
I drink "Rihane" brand pure kashmiri turmeric powder (Purchased from Amazon) half spoon daily in Luke warm water with Rihane pure fennel seed powder half spoon. I feel gas and I keep releasing winds with big sounds.
I am feeling acidic in my eyes. I am having regular problem of acidity and take PROTOHALT-D tablet (s), but still feeling extreme acidic conditions in eyes. Which eye drops will be useful in reducing acidic conditions in eyes.
I suffered from lose motion 9-10 days ago and I took O2 medicine 6 nos. For 3 days. After that I became normal. Again today early morning suddenly I started suffering from irregular deification urge. I took a tablet for gas problem. 6-7 times already gone so far. But stool is normal in texture & colour. What should I do if it continues further?
An inflammation of the pancreas is known as pancreatitis. The pancreas is an organ that produces digestive enzymes. Pancreatitis might start any day and continue for long period and it requires immediate medical attention. It is of two types- acute pancreatitis and chronic pancreatitis. Although the treatment usually requires hospitalization, pancreatitis can be easily stabilized and the underlying cause can be treated thereafter.
Pancreatitis may be caused due to various reasons:
- Gall bladder stone: The pancreatic duct lies next to the bile duct. The gallstones enter the small intestine after passing through the common bile duct. Often the stones that remain in the common bile duct have a negative effect on the pancreas, which causes a hindrance to the normal flow of the pancreatic fluids, causing pancreatitis. Also a back flow of the bile into the pancreas can cause pancreatitis.
- Alcohol: Long time alcohol use also causes pancreatitis. Alcohol can damage the pancreas tremendously causing it to get inflamed.
- Other causes: Hereditary disorders in the pancreas, cystic fibrosis, high level of triglycerides, and a few medicines may also cause pancreatitis.
- The first symptom of pancreatitis is abdominal pain: The pain may be sudden or gradually increasing, but is usually aggravated after eating. It is severe and constant, and may continue for a few days. If you are suffering from pancreatitis, you will feel very sick after a sudden attack and you might require medical assistance immediately.
- Swollen abdomen: Pancreatitis may cause your abdominal area to swell up and become tender.
- Nausea: If your abdomen suddenly starts paining due to the onset of pancreatitis, you tend to feel extremely nauseous. You might end up vomiting and may also have violent heaves.
- Fever: The inflammation will cause you to run a temperature, along with a searing pain in your stomach, which will make you feel extremely uncomfortable.
- Rapid pulse: Pancreatitis affects the rate, at which the heart beats, causing a rapid increase in the pulse rate.
The quote 'Good day starts with coffee' suits a lot of people who love nothing more than a cup of coffee every morning. However, your morning tryst with a cup of coffee might not be a very healthy habit. Believe it or not, addiction to caffeine (in the form of coffee) is as harmful as addiction to any other drug. In fact, caffeine is a legal drug that slowly and gradually damages your gastrointestinal tract. Here are the negative effects of coffee on your digestive system:
- Increases Acidity: Coffee is known to contain different kinds of oils, acids and caffeine. These compounds have an adverse impact on the digestive system. The stomach and intestinal linings get damaged due to the over-consumption of these compounds in the form of coffee. Moreover, as you take coffee, your stomach produces more hydrochloric acid for digestion. This causes acidity and hampers the HCL levels altogether. When we take coffee regularly for years in empty stomach, our body's capacity of producing proper amounts of HCL gets hampered. Often, HCL production gets reduced as well. This leads to indigestion of other food items and effects flatulence and produces unwanted gases due to the improper breaking of proteins and fats by the body.
- Ulcers and Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Doctors believe that coffee acts as an irritant for patients of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), gastritis, Crohn's disease, colitis and ulcers. Coffee is responsible for the irritation of the lining of stomach and intestine. It is also noticed that certain enzymes present in the coffee beans are also harmful to the gastrointestinal tract.
- Heartburn: Coffee is responsible for relaxing the esophageal sphincter muscle. The relaxation of this muscle hinders the process of digestion and causes acid-reflux, resulting in heartburn. It is known to have compounds that have diuretic, laxative and mineral blocking effects on the body.
- Laxative Effects: Coffee stimulates the process of peristalsis or movement of food through the gastrointestinal tract. The peristalsis starts immediately after food is swallowed by the individual. The intake of coffee catalyzes peristalsis and consequently leads to emptying of the stomach even before the food is digested properly. The semi-digested food is sent to the intestine too early, causing injury to the intestine and hampering the absorption of nutrients.
- Affects absorption of minerals: Caffeine reduces the ability of the stomach to absorb iron and also hinders the absorption of minerals like calcium, zinc and magnesium by the kidney. All these minerals help in digestion at different points and regulate the bowel movement.
Coffee is known to have benefits like reduction of constipation and sugar absorption. But, it also interferes with the smooth functioning of the digestive system. It has a tendency to increase stomach aches, disturb the fluid balance and the overall process of digestion. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.