Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anthar
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AntharYour feedback matters!
My son 5 yr old my padetricin told me he is hyper active. I have consult with neurologist they advice me only for therapy no medicines require. But I consult with psychologist they advice medicine what should I do please advice me.
My 7 year old son is doing throat clearing and some coughing for about 3 months. Xray shows enlarged adenoids. Could it be the reason or it is a tick only. He has. No other issues.
My baby is 7.5 months old. When he was 4 months old, I started nursing (most of the time) from left side and has not pump from the other side. We both were more comfortable from one side and I have not realized that I should pump the other side. Now, from past two months I have been trying the other side but he is refusing .and one breast is lopsided now. I have taken lactare capsule also for 1 week (2 times in a day) and started pumping the left side but now very little milk is coming from right side. However,the other side is producing enough. Can I continue breastfeeding exclusively from one side? I am really worried that it should not have any health side effects. I have heard that this might cause breast cancer in future I have also visited one gain in my place for the same issue and she said that its ok to breastfeed with one side and I cannot produce milk from other side. Please guide. Your response will be highly appreciated.
My 1 year old is sick with a temperature of 80 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do.
My son 3 month old. We just returned from Goa to Bangalore. He is restless and taking feed properly. Constantly making sound like in pain and uneasiness.
Building your child’s confidence and self image is an important part of raising a child. Self image can be defined as a child’s view of himself and his strengths. If a child is comfortable with his self image, he will have confidence in himself. A foundation of self confidence is key to a child’s success in his adult life. In their childhood years, a parent is the main source of building a child’s self worth or self confidence.
Here are a few ways you can develop your child’s self confidence.
- Avoid negative self talk: Children learn by watching their parents. Hearing parents berate themselves will make children do the same. Talking badly about yourself can reinforce a low self esteem. Hence avoid talking negatively about yourself and stop your child from doing it as well. If your child talks negatively about himself, give him evidence to prove the opposite or give them meaningful compliments. Also avoid calling your child names to shame him as these are likely to stay ingrained in his mind.
- Celebrate uniqueness: Don’t make your child feel like he has to live up to the standards set by siblings or peers. Further, do not pressurize them to fulfill your dreams. Recognize your child’s strengths and celebrate his unique abilities. Help them develop their talents and set their own standards for themselves.
- Let your child make decisions: Empower your child by allowing them to make decisions about simple things like what game to play or what to eat for dinner. Make them feel that their views are valued and thus teach them to be an active member of the family.
- Let them work things out for themselves: Spoon feeding your child makes things easier at the time, but in the long run can have a negative effect on their self-confidence. Be patient and let your child try and do things for himself. As he meets and overcomes new challenges, his confidence will grow. Give your child age appropriate chores to do around the house. This helps build responsibility and a feeling of competency.
- Be genuine about your praise: Children are highly intuitive and can tell the difference between sincere praise and something being said merely for the sake of it. For example, if your child has made a drawing, instead of simply telling your child that he is an artist in the making be more specific and praise his choice or colors or the ability of coloring within the lines.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!