Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. AnoopYour feedback matters!
I am 24 and I hv backache for last 20 days. please give me some advise for it. As I am getting bored by this. please advise me fully to improve my life as I am sports person.
I have pain in my legs especially near the lower portion of the body & a crack sound also comes from my knees. What should I do? My age is 48 years?
In Ayurveda, joint pain is known as 'Sandhigata Vata'. Arthritis and Joint pain are among the most prevalent problems faced by adults, mostly old people. As per ayurveda, 'vata dosha' Is responsible for joint pains and other discomforts associated with it. Natural remedies and proper lifestyle techniques can be utilized to balance the 'vata' to lessen the occurrence and severity of joint pain. Factors including,old age, obesity, injury and strenuous physical activities (that require a lot of joint movements) are responsible for disturbing the balance of your 'vata'.
The following are some ayurvedic home remedies that can be utilized to treat joint pain:
- Massage therapy: Warm coconut, castor, mustard, olive or garlic oil can be utilized to massage the affected areas to lessen the intensity of pain. If you massage the affected joints with natural oils, it improves blood circulation and relaxes the swelling and stiffness in the region.
- Hot & Cold Compress: Cold and hot compresses can be utilized to ease your joint pain effectively. Heat compression decreases the pain, increases the blood circulation and relaxes the swollen joints and muscles. On the other hand, cold therapy lessens the inflammation of the affected joint. Place hot and cold towel alternatively on the affected area to achieve immediate relief from persistent pain.
- Fenugreek: Ingest a teaspoon of ground fenugreek seeds and drink a glass of lukewarm water. Fenugreek has anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties that make it effective for joint pains.Follow this remedy every morning on a regular basis to achieve optimal results.
- Turmeric: Add a pinch of turmeric and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink this solution on a regular basis for a week. Turmeric contains anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which makes it an excellent remedy for treating joint pains.
- Apple cider vinegar: Add 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and a little honey to a cup of lukewarm water. Drink this solution twice daily, before your meals. Apple cider vinegar has alkalizing effect, which makes it an effective remedy to remove the toxins that are responsible for causing joint pain.
- Healthy diet: A balanced diet that comprises a lot of green leafy vegetables and fresh seasonal fruits is good for your joints. The uncontrolled intake of fatty food, dairy products, and high sodium diet must be avoided in order to avoid arthritis and joint pain.
Prevention is better than cure and in order to follow that it is always beneficial to get your complete body check up done from time to time.
Related Tip: "Why Do Women Face Joint Pain Problems More Than Men?"
I find problem in deep breathing since yesterday noon. And pain is occurring while sleeping and moVing during sleeping at left shoulder and back from there to behind stomach or kidney or lung.
My legs are paining a lot and and I have a lot of hairs fall and headache my nails become very much read.
I have severe lower backache with dull stomach cramps and tenderness in breast and nipples and period due tom. am I pregnant.
I have been having pain below my both the foot for the last about a month. Sometimes it becomes difficult for me to walk. Could you please advise.
I am suffering from knee pain since 6 years and also having sciatica pain. How to manage and any treatment for these?
I have severe lower back pain from 6-7 months. Mainly every morning orr whenever I wake up after sleeping. I have undergone for Lumber Spine MRI. MRI report - Disc dessication with annular tear noted at level of L4-L5 intervertebral disc level. Broad Disc bulge with focal central and paracentral disc extrusion with mild caudal migration noted, decreasing ventral subarachnoid space mildly, indenting anterior thecal sac on right side with crowding and compression of traversing nerve roots on right side. Mild B/1 neural foramina narrowing noted with compression existing nerve roots. I am a Boxing Player. I want to cure my back as early as possible. Kindly advise me medication and best advice for me.
Runner’s knee is a very common problem with athletes. It is definitely not something one needs to worry about. In fact, with certain exercises, it can be prevented and if you do develop a runner’s knee, it can be treated with some exercises as well.
There are special sports medical practitioners who prescribe not only regular physiotherapy, but also specific exercises to deal with specific sports injuries. To fight with runner’s knee pain, there are a few exercises.
But the four most important ones are described in detail below.
- Quads: For performing proper quads, all you need is a back wall for additional support. You need to hold yourself against the wall and keep your legs apart from each other. The legs should be folded in the knees. In this position, you have to move up till the knee position with a minimum of one minute hold time in the knee position. You can repeat this exercise 10 times at a stretch before moving on to the next exercise.
- Hamstring: This is a fairly easier exercise than the previous one. You have to stand straight with your legs apart. Bend downwards from your hips. Relax your neck and back. Ease your head downwards as well. Keep your hands behind. Join both your hands and give it a stretch. If you think that this position is straining your neck or back a little too much, then you can simply stretch your hands without joining them.
- Calves: Calves is a standard exercise that is prescribed by medical practitioners and physiotherapists for easing out the pain caused by runner’s knee. You have to stand with your hand against the wall. Put your left leg forward and bend it at the knees. Stand on your right heel. Hold yourself in this position for 20 to 30 seconds before changing the legs and doing the same.
- Lateral: Lateral is also one of the easiest and common forms of exercises. You have to stand with your legs directly below your hips. Then stretch your right leg apart. Without bending your knees, try to touch the toes of your right leg with the fingers of your left hand. Hold this position for 20 to 30 seconds before changing the position and performing the lateral with your left leg.
Thus, these are some of the very fundamental exercises that one should follow in order to get quick relief from the pains of a runner’s knee. These exercises are very easy and help in reducing pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a orthopedist.
After running I have very hard pain in my legs what is reason behind that. I was running from last month.
I am 38 years old, I am over weight with 15 kgs, right now I am 65 kgs, can you please suggest any weight reduction medicines, I have legament tear on my right knee, due to over weight unable to walk.
Hi, I'm 19 yrs old girl and from the last few months I have been experiencing a very strange pain in the right wrist. Normally I don't feel it but when it bend backwards (like, when you bend it while doing push ups) I feel a very sharp pain The pain only exists until it is bent. When I bend it forward there is no pain. Even when I press my wrist where the pain is I don't feel any pain, I only feel it when my wrist bends backward. please can you tell me what sort of pain is this and how can I get relief from it.
I am 42 years old, 65 kg weight, faced 4 times m.c.accident and caused injury on both knees, suffering with pain, can I cycling?
Knee pain commonly affects women over 50 years of age and could be because of any type of arthritis or Knee injury. Some of it comes with age but knowing how to protect your knees can make a big difference in the quality of life.
1) Knee problems can happen to anyone and one needs to respect any pain which arises in the knee especially after a fall or injury. The knee joint is vulnerable to injury and arthritis develops faster if the ligaments or the meniscus has been torn. Acknowledge the pain and seek help early before the damage sets in.
2) Avoid being overweight: Every extra kilo of body weight exerts five kilos worth of stress on our knees. This increases the daily wear and tear of the joint and sets in arthritis early. Reducing even couple of kilos off would be very kind on the knees. If you are overweight one must choose exercises that are gentle on the knees like stationary bike instead of an inclined treadmill, walking instead of running or jogging etc.
3) Follow rehab and enough rest after a knee injury: If you have had a knee injury, the rehabilitation may take many weeks. During this time, it is important to follow the instructions of your doctor and avoid all activities which cause knee pain. Otherwise, the pain may get chronic and worse with slight provocation. Many young athletic people return to their earlier routine of hectic gymming as soon as the pain subsides, but this can weaken the knee in the long run. One must allow proper healing at the knee joint which can be many weeks after the pain has gone.
4) Don't overdo it: Over straining or sudden increase in exercise can lead to knee problems. Endurance needs to be built slowly over a period of time and one must allow the ligaments to get used to the extra strain. If your knee is already hurting, avoid jerky and jumpy movements.
5) Good Shoes and supportive footwear help your knee by absorbing the extra strain. In general, platform heels are better than pencil heels and moderate heals are better than a six inch or a totally flat shoe. Investing in a good pair of shoes may eventually save you money by saving a knee replacement later on.