Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. AnoopYour feedback matters!
I feel thirsty all the time and go for urinal frequently. I am just 30 years old, it is possible that I could be a patient of Diabetes.
Often, early stages of kidney diseases do not come with specific signs and symptoms and most people will remain unaware of their condition. However, certain symptoms may be perceived that may indicate that a person is suffering from early stages of kidney failure. When you are diagnosed with kidney failure (also known as renal failure) in the initial stages, certain measures can be taken to retard the progression of the renal disease. This can also help reverse the condition and improve the quality of life of the patient. On the basis of a typical cause, the symptoms of kidney failure are grouped into specific categories that are given below. If you notice any of the specified renal failure symptoms, it is recommended to immediately fix up an appointment with your doctor and get your diagnostic tests done.
Symptoms of Renal Failure from the accumulation of waste products in the body:
- Metallic taste in mouth
- Nausea and vomiting
- Facing difficulty in concentrating
- Loss of appetite
- Aversion towards meat (protein aversion)
- Itching or pruritus
Symptoms of Renal Failure from the accumulation of fluid in the body:
- Dyspnoea or shortness of breath (this happens due to the accumulation of fluid in the lungs).
- Swelling is seen in the feet, hands or face.
Symptoms of Kidney Failure from damage to the kidneys:
- The amount of urine production changes, though it is not a reliable sign Haematuria or blood in the urine (usually in microscopic quantity).
- Frothiness or foam in the urine (usually happens when protein is present in the urine).
Symptoms of Kidney Failure due to decreased blood production (anemia):
- Dyspnoea or shortness of breath.
- Fatigue Weakness.
- Confusion If you happen to feel cold all the time.
The following diagnostic tests will be performed by your doctor in order to determine whether the symptoms are the manifestation of a kidney failure or not:
- Urine analysis - In this test, a sample of your urine is tested to find traces of blood, white blood cells or proteins which may indicate a problem in kidney function.
- Blood Tests - This includes tests for BUN and creatinine in the blood which are usually removed from the blood if the kidneys function properly.
Actions must be taken when you show signs and symptoms of kidney failure:
It is common that the symptoms of early renal failure are not always prominent, but if any of the above symptoms are witnessed, it is recommended to consult a physician to determine whether they are caused by a kidney disease. You can pen-down the symptoms that you feel are related and bring it to the doctor when you fix up the next appointment. It is essential to know about your disease at the earliest as it will give you time and the ease of taking measures to retard the damage process and will decrease or delay the probability of undergoing dialysis or kidney transplant.