Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. AnoopYour feedback matters!
13.4*9 mm hyperdense calculus in the right upper ureter 2 cm from the pelvic ureteric junction causing grade 1 hydronephrosis. Which surgery to remove stone is recommended? arthroscopic Laser Lithotripsy or PCNL?
Today I got my urine culture report. The result shows staphylococcus aureus isolated. I have a surgery tomorrow for removal of urethra stent and kidney stone. What does the report mean. Colony count: 1000.
My wife is suffering with pain and irritation while urinating and found blood in urine. Please lets us the reason for it and remedies.
My dad is 67 years old. He is diabetic which he keeps under control by taking regular medicines. These days he is facing a urination problem. Means he can not hold his urge to urine for long. It comes out drop by drop. Please advice what all test we should carry out? Thanks in advance!
My dad ate cyclobenzaprine salt medicine, and had problem of urine retention after 2 doses of this medicine. And also he had problem of cervical decompression from 10 years, but everything was normal. Also, after check-up, Urethral and kidney system is ok. Urologist said it may be due to cervical decompression. But I wanna know that, how can cervical decompression can cause urinary retention in just 2 days after 2 doses of cyclobenzaprine. Can cervical decompression show its effect in 2 days after 10 years? Explain please. Your answer is important to us.
I have redness in urethra and and many times it feels uncomfortable and also feel inflammation. I also feel weakness and fatigue in my legs because of this. I am unable to understand the problem. Also the frequency of urine has reduced to 3-4 times a day. Got urine exam and the report reflected 2-3 pus cells nothing else. Please help.
I am suffering from urinary tract infection and I am getting pain while urinating from last 1 week .my urine test shows aciditic and pH level 6 with protein 1-2 & puss cell 2-3. I want to take some good medicine which will remove infection asap and as well improve my sexual life.
Sir, How to control adult bed wetting for 23 year old? She has done sonography as said by doctor but it turned out to be normal report. The doctor recommended D-presses but it also did not turn out that effective. Please help.
Age 25 Non drinker Non smoker Left masterbation from 3 months Sir mujhe ek problem h jab bhi mujhe eraction yaa aroused hota hu to eraction ke time pe bladder bhri ho jata h urine lagne ki wjaha se eraction looose ho jata h or agar mai control bhi kuch karu to hilty dulty move hote hi urine nikal jata h do teen bund or agar jyda der to precum nikal jata h abhi last sunday mai apni hone wali wife ke sath tha aisa kuch man me sexual activity nahi thi phir bhi penis se bht sara precum discharge hua discharge clear water transparent tha and baldder full jab mai urine ke liye gyaa to dark yellow urine and lower abdomen me pain hua halka. Morning eraction me aisa kuch nahi hota fine aate h maine urine routine karwaya jo aise h Appre. S.turbid Albumin trace Sugar nil Rbc nil Pus cells 4-6 hpf Epithelial cells 3-5 hpf Bacteria 4-6 Usg me kidney me renal calculi h 4-6 mm Ballddr bhi khali naji hota short term me jana padta h report doc normal batata h please help.
I am suffering pain in right side kidney stone I scanned it shows 8mm stone please give me suggestion.
Chronic kidney disease or CKD is the decreased function of the function of the kidney for a minimum of three months or more. In this the end stage renal disease usually refers to the end of the kidney function where the kidneys work for less than 15% of what they are supposed to. The kidneys play a vital role in the human body and if they do not function properly then a person can die. The functioning of many organs depends on the kidneys. However, the main function of the kidneys is to remove the products and regulate blood and water, control blood pressure, promote healthy and strong bones, and produce hormones.
Here are 5 facts about kidney disease you should know about:
1. Causes of the kidney disease: There are two main common causes of the end-stage kidney disease. These are preventable causes. These are diabetes and high blood pressure, but then kidney disease can be caused by other inherited diseases such as infection, trauma or polycystic kidney disease.
2. Serious Stages: The kidney disease has five stages and stage 5 is known as the end stage renal disease; this is the point where patients usually need dialysis or kidney transplant to lead a sane life. The stages of kidney disease are:
Stage 1 – Slight kidney disease
Stage 2 – Mild decrease in kidney function
Stage 3 – Moderate decrease in kidney function
Stage 4 – Severe decrease in kidney function
Stage 5 – End stage renal disease
3. Detection of the disease: Kidney disease is usually difficult to detect because of the presence of very few symptoms. Age, gender along with the blood test is one way to determine information regarding kidney function. The people who are at a risk of getting kidney disease are:
- Over the age of 55 years
- People who suffer from hypertension and diabetes
- Ethnic groups such as Asians, Africans, Americans, Pacific Islanders and Hispanics
4. Signs and Symptoms: CKD is usually considered to be a silent disease and many people don’t know that they are suffering from the disease. The signs and symptoms of the disease are:
- Fatigue and weakness
- Nausea, vomiting and loss of appetite
- Numbness and headaches in hand and feet
- Frequent urination
5. Renal Replacement Treatment: This is the treatment for the end stage of the kidney disease. Dialysis involves the replacement of some part of the lost function of the kidneys and is usually continued throughout life. There are 2 types of dialysis:
- Hemodialysis: This cleans the blood via an artificial kidney which is hooked to the machine
- Peritoneal Dialysis: This removes the excess water and waste products and cleans the blood of the body by using the peritoneal cavity as a filter.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.