Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ann Kurian
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ann KurianYour feedback matters!
We know that acquired immunodeficiency syndrome can spread through sexual contact but i want to know that is it also a genetic disease?
Im 21 years old. Took mefiprestol for abortion on 4. Of nov. Im still bleeding g.ultra scanning showed no any retained products of conception. Im still bleeding. Do I need abortion.
Tulsi - a **miracle** plant
Tulsi is regarded as an 'elixir of life' and believed to promote longevity. It is considered to be an adaptogen, balancing different processes in the body. It has also been suggested to possess antifertility, anticancer, antidiabetic, antifungal, antimicrobial, hepatoprotective, cardioprotective, antiemetic, antispasmodic, analgesic, and diaphoretic actions.
1. It is considered as a tonic to retain youth and avoid aging. Vitamin c, vitamin a, phytonutrients and the essential oils in tulsi are excellent antioxidants and protect the body from nearly all the damages caused by the free radicals.
2. It is anti-carcinogenic and it found to be effective in healing nearly all types of cancer and tumors.
3. It reduces total cholesterol levels and blood pressure. Thus, it is useful for heart disease patients.
4. It is useful in the treatment of respiratory system disorders. A decoction of the leaves, with honey and ginger, is an effective remedy for bronchitis, asthma, influenza, cough and cold.
5. It can protect from radiation poisoning and also heals up damages caused by radiations. It acts as a vaccine against pox if consumed regularly.
6. It is used as a mouth wash. It is very good for maintaining dental health, counteracting bad breath and for massaging the gums. It is also useful in pyorrhea.
7. It also cures ulcer in the mouth. It is also known to help inhibit the growth of oral cancer caused by chewing tobacco etc.
8. It is an excellent antibiotic, germicidal, fungicidal and disinfectant and very efficiently protects our body from nearly all sorts of bacterial, viral and fungal infections.
9. Consumption of tulsi leaves decoction helps prevent and heal fever.
10. It has a hypoglycemic effect, so it reduces blood glucose levels. Thus, it is useful for diabetics.
11. It helps in building up stamina, hence used to prepare herbal tea.
12. Its regular consumption can protect eyes from all the damages done by the free radicals, such as cataract, macular degeneration, glaucoma, vision defects, opthalmia etc. Due to its high antioxidant properties.
13. Recent studies on tulsi proved to be a useful medication for people living with human immunodeficiency virus (hiv), and acquired immune deficiency virus (aids).
14. Tulsi, being a detoxifier and mild diuretic in nature, can help reduce uric acid level (main culprit as far as kidney stones are concerned) concentration in the blood as well as helps cleaning of the kidneys through urination.
15. Tulsi oil application on the body keeps mosquitoes and other insects away.
B. How to use-:
1. Tulsi leaves extract (swaras)-
- how to prepare - take some fresh tulsi leaves, wash them, then crush them well and squeeze the pure extract.
- dose - 2tablespoon in adults empty stomach in the morning.
- beneficial in cold, cough, fever, oral ulcer, liver disorders, indigestion, bronchitis, insect bites, cancer ((bacterial and viral infections).
- extenal application of tulsi leaves extract- in fungal infections, ringworm, insect bites.
2. Tulsi leaves decoction (kaadha)-
- how to prepare - take some fresh tulsi leaves, wash them, boil with 4cups of water. Boil this until 1cup of water remains.
- dose- drink half cup (lukewarm) in the morning on empty stomach and a half cup in the evening.
- beneficial in pyorrhea, cold, cough, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, gastric disorders, tuberculosis (bacterial and viral infections).
- a decoction of the whole plant lowers the blood sugar (glucose) level and is said to control diabetes mellitus.
- a decoction of the root of tulsi plant is given as a diaphoretic in malarial fever.
- the regular consumption of tulsi leaves extract or decoction helps prevent viral fevers, cough, cold and many other diseases.
Hello sir/mam, My friend is 7 month pregnant now she is having cold and cough. But suddendly breathing problem came from yesterday night. Is this a major problem? Or nothing to worry?
Hello doctor, Am married. Am 4 months pregnant too. Now a days I cannot control my emotions. Am feeling emptiness in my life. This is my second marriage. But love marriage. So no parents support still. So am taking care of my pregnancy. Thing is we were decide to register our marriage in front of my parents. But they are not ready to do anything for us. Then I confirmed my pregnancy 2 months back. We are so happy. He is also having daughter but he is not speaking to his ex wife. But still he is taking care of his daughter. I just accepted all these. Some 25 days back his one of college friend started to message him. She is married and having 2 female kids. She is not happy with her husband. She was my husband’s close friend. Earlier I didn’t take much serious. One day I had to see their message. From that message she is trying to occupy my husband. My husband mind get distracted. I warned him smooth. But he didn’t listen. He told some reasons. We had discussion regard this. He told, he ll maintain his limits. But she is living in Australia. She wants to meet him in hotel. They r planned to book a room to meet. I frankly asked him regard this. He told, “she knows she is doing bad. So cannot meet out. We are just friend am not going to do anything physical. She does’t need any physical. She wants some care. She is my 13 year friend. So I cannot stop her feelings”. Doctor I do not know what to do. I spoke to him very calmly. But no result. He feels am not trusting him. But there is very less chance to meet together. Because she cannot come alone from her home to here only for meeting. He is speaking and discussing something with me. But he is messaging as her lover. She is taking much advantage. There is no time limits. She is keep on msging to him. If he didn’t respond she is calling. Daily 6 hr minimum they r chanting or speaking. Because of this am getting more depress. I tried to take care of him as my best. But no result from his side. Still he is msging to her. Please let help me to solve this issue. I don’t know how long time they may going to msg like this. totally my all happiness and family life gone. Now a days he is not attaching with me. He didn’t allow me to touch him. He is trying himself to stay away from me. He is always angry towards me. It all happening because of that girl. Please advice me how to handle this.
I am 32 years old trying to conceive since last 3 years, also done 4 iui no luck yet. My left tube is fine, but right tube have some blockage. Doctor suggested for ivf, please suggest.
My period is expected on 24 feb and last time it was held on 26 jan so it may occur on 24, feb because my periods always occurs 2 day before than earlier one. We were naked on 17 feb and for convenience I washed my vagina with soap after 20 mins. We were together on 21st day of my menstrual cycle so in this case weather I could get pregnant or not! Please reply fast its a emergency and please give detail information about this I will be thank full to you.
The study says it is the disease that makes you unhappy and not the other way round
Study comprising one million women researchers found that happiness itself has no direct effect on mortality. Illness makes you unhappy nut unhappiness itself doesn't you i'll. And found that no direct effect of unhappiness or stress on mortality even in a 10 year study of a million women.
The inability to conceive for a prolonged duration after trying to do so is usually termed as infertility. This is usually diagnosed when a couple is unable to conceive even after trying regularly, without any kind of contraceptives. There may be many causes and factors for this and it may occur in either or both partners. So, you all need to know the causes and treatment of infertility.
- Age: Age is a major factor that can lead to infertility for either partner. Usually, the trend now is to delay having a baby until a woman is in her thirties or even forties, in some cases. This has an adverse effect, particularly on the age of the maternal egg which may or may not be effective as far as fertilisation goes. With the advancement of age, one loses the guarantee of genetic normalcy of the egg as well.
- Disorders in ovulation in females: Ovulation is an essential function that helps in releasing the egg that needs to be fertilised when it comes together with the sperm at the time of ovulation. This usually occurs at a certain time every month. But disorders like PCOS or Polycystic Ovary Syndrome can lead to an inability on the part of the ovaries to release these eggs. The treatment for this includes medication that will help in maintaining more regular cycles for the release of eggs.
- Male factor causing Infertility: In many cases, it has been seen that anomalies in the semen analysis reveal problems of infertility with males as of low sperm count, low motility of sperm, low quantity of alive and active sperm when it comes to natural conception. In such cases, a sexologist can prescribe you medicines that will increase the semen production for better quantity and quality of the sperm. The doctor can also ask the patient to go through a number of lifestyle changes too includes abstinence from smoking and excessive drinking, as well as the cultivation of a less stressful environment. Hormonal treatment or even surgery may also required to help in some severe cases.
- Endometrial polyps: In such cases, the female partner may develop finger like growths that can protrude in the form of tissue and come out of the uterine layer or the uterus. The removal of these polyps with the help of surgical procedures usually helps in such cases.
In many cases where mediation fails, the patients may have to go through IVF (In Vitro Fertilisation) or other such procedures to conceive a child with artificial methods. One must explore all options and find out the best one in terms of the infertility causes that the couple may be facing. You will also need to ensure that you have a well trained and experienced sexologist doctor who can help you with the process and guide you completely about the cause of problem and prescribe you best treatment to manage infertility at the right point of time.