Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
I have something wrong in tongue from inside and I have indigestion problem I am alwAys feel sick and sleepiness.
My Mom is 48 years now and she is diabetic. She is suffering from severe tooth ache and is deprived of sleep every night. We have visited many dentists and all of them are scared to operate on her tooth due to her diabetic condition. Can you please provide a solution to this problem. Thank you.
I have the problem of getting ulcers on my mouth frequently. I got ulcers within every week. M not able to eating talk properly with this problem. Is there any Sol. I had some tube that is sometime helpful. I'm using zytee and orasep gel. I am so worried that even though using these medicos I'm not able to got free from ulcers. Is this is serious issue? I got mouth cancer? Help! Me.
My teeth are two much yellowish I have tried all types of paste but still no effect. Give me suggestion plzzx.
I get ulcers in my mouth very often. More often than others. I don't know what triggers them. How do stop getting them?
I am 26 year old male. Having many bad teeth, consulted a doctor and he told he will bridge correct 22 teeth and it will cost around 1.2 lacs. Is any option there?
Tooth decay is treated removing the damaged portion of your tooth and substituting it with ‘fillings’. Fillings can be made up of different materials such as silver amalgam, porcelain, gold or even plastic. Hence these plastic, tooth-colored, glass mixtures that are used to restore decayed teeth are known as composite fillings. Composites are also used for changing the color of or reshaping disfigured teeth.
How are they placed?
The dentist sets the composite in layers employing a specialized UV Laser light to harden each of the layers. After this, the dentist moulds the composite to fit in your tooth. The composite is then polished to prevent premature staining or wearing out of the composite. Good shaping and polishing of the tooth to produces a virtually invisible restoration.
When are composite fillings used?
White fillings can be used for cosmetic options as well.
- Short or spaced out teeth: Composites are able to reshape any deformed teeth or add length to a tooth.
- Cracked or chipped teeth: It can fill in any chips or worn down teeth to appear healthy yet again.
- Smile Makeover: It does not require for healthy tooth structure to be removed unlike a veneer
Preventive dentistry: The molars in the back have deep groves on the sides that food particles can get trapped in causing infection. The composite can be filled in those areas as a preventative.
Advantages of Composites:
- The shade of the composite filling is well suited to match the color of your existing teeth.
- They can chemically bond to your tooth structure, rendering additional support.
- Composite fillings are also used to mend broken or cracked teeth.
- With composite filling, not much of your tooth structure needs to be taken off as compared to amalgam fillings.
Precautions with Tooth coloured fillings
- Composite fillings wear faster as compared to silver fillings should be replaced within 3-7 years.
- Need regular follow up care or maintenance as they are subject to microleakage.
I have yellow teeth and its never become white And I had tried lots of tooth past but it never effect on my teeth Plzz tell me something for it.
Dental implants are a popular and effective way to replace missing teeth and are designed to blend in with your other teeth. They are an excellent long-term option for restoring your smile. In fact, the development and use of implants is one of the biggest advances in dentistry in the past decades. Dental implants are made up of titanium and other materials that are compatible with the human body. They are posts that are surgically placed in the upper or lower jaw, where they function as a sturdy anchor for replacement teeth.
Most patients find that a dental implant is secure, stable and a good replacement for their own tooth.
There are generally three phases to getting an implant:
• First, the dentist surgically places the implant into the jawbone. Your dentist may recommend a diet of soft foods, cold foods and warm soup during the healing process.
• Next, the bone around the implant heals in a process called osseointegration. What makes an implant so strong is that the bone actually grows around it and holds it in place. Osseointegration means “combines with the bone” and takes time. Some patients might need to wait until the implant is completely integrated, up to several months, before replacement teeth can be attached to the implant. Other patients can have the implants and replacement teeth placed all in one visit.
• Finally, it’s time for the placement of the artificial tooth/teeth. For a single tooth implant, your dentist will customize a new tooth for you, called a dental crown. The crown will be based on size, shape, color and fit, and will be designed to blend in with your other teeth. If you are replacing more than a single tooth, custom-made bridges or dentures will be made to fit your mouth and your implants. The replacement teeth usually take some time to make. In the meantime, your dentist may give you a temporary crown, bridge or denture to help you eat and speak normally until the permanent replacement is ready.
If you are interested in dental implants, it's a good idea to discuss it carefully with your dentist first. If you are in good general health this treatment may be an option for you. In fact, your health is more of a factor than your age. You may be medically evaluated by a physician before any implant surgery is scheduled.
Chronic illnesses, such as diabetes or leukemia, may interfere with healing after surgery. Patients with these issues may not be good candidates for implants. Using tobacco can also slow healing.