Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anjana K PatilYour feedback matters!
My baby is 20 days old. Previously after birth Doctors advised for GB paint, a blue coloured medicine which was beneficial for emblical cord. Now a days Doctors adviced for Betadine lotion. My query is, after 20 days emblical cord of my baby has not cured with betadine lotion and pus is coming out. Please suggest me what to do?
Could you please breifly explain that what type of vactinations/ injections should we give for newely born baby. If any drops are there to cure jaundice.
1. My 5 week old baby s giving some wired sound while sleeping and even she's awake sometimes at time of feeding. I don't know why she's giving such sound. It makes me worry. Can. you please tel me is this normal or any issue. Do I need to give any medicine for tat. 2. Daily she poops frequently. More than 10 times. Max of 15. To 2o times per day.When checked with Dr. Dr said its normal and will change after 30 days. Now she's 5 weeks old but still same.I'm Worrying alot. Pls help me 3. Crying while urinating and passing poops. Daily giving water. Only breastfeeding. What should I do. Pl help Dr. This s my first baby. I m very much worried.
I have blessed with son who is now 5 months completed. He was born with forceps delivery. So his one side shoulder was not aligned properly. He is having some nerve twisting one side of the shoulder. I think. But his hands are moving to good extent compared to beginning but not 100% as of now. I have consulted a doctor and they it will heal on its own if not we can see after 3 years. I just need a good opinion pls advise.
My grand daughter 5 & 1/2 months old has suddenly developed disinterest towards her bottled milk feeds. Her weight is 6.30 kgs. She is being given nestle man pro 1. Her regular intake was approx 130 to 140 ml 5 to 6 times a day, but she could take only 2 feeds of 130 ml each & 4 feeds of 80 ml in last 24 hours. Some sort of irritation is also a new kind of development, in her otherwise pleasant mood. She is not being breastfed. Her birth weight was 1.680 kgs only. Kindly suggest appropriate treatment/ directions.
Uterine fibroids, also known as leiomyomata, are non-cancerous growths which develop in and around the uterus or the womb and form benign tumors in course of time. Though there are several types of uterine fibroids, they are all consistently similar in their genetic makeup. They are generally classified depending on their specific locations:
- Myometrial or intramural fibroids
- Submucosal fibroids
- Subserosal fibroids
- Pedunculated fibroids
Signs and symptoms
In most cases, uterine fibroids display little or no symptoms at all. Therefore many women are caught unawares and do not realize whether they have leiomyomata or not. When symptoms do show, however, they may include any one of the following:
Since uterine fibroids do not cause any significant complications, they normally do not require much treatment. The condition, however, can be treated through either one of the following approaches:
1. Non-surgical approach
(1) Alert and careful inspection as well as watchful anticipation of the growth and development of uterine fibroids
(2) Birth control pills or oral contraceptives which help reduce heavy periods caused by uterine fibroids
(3) Pain relievers to help numb the pain
(4) Intrauterine device along with levonorgestrel to help reduce heavy periods
(5) Iron tablets are helpful in substituting the blood loss caused by heavy menstruation
These two procedures can be performed using several techniques like:
- Open abdominal surgery
- Robot-assisted laparoscopy
- Vaginal approach
- Hysteroscope approach
iii) Uterine artery embolization (UAE)