Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pathologists in India. You will find Pathologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. AnjalieYour feedback matters!
Hi I am pregnant of 8.5 months. I can not sleep in night because of rib pain, whenever I try to sleep, it disturbs me. Why is this so? I m taking proteins, vitamin, iron, calcium and good diet still m finding problem in back and rib pain. Should I take painkiller?
Dear sir during sex time I used to take sex tablet vigora 100 mg and after that I stay doing sex continuously for an hour but during night my head as well as my body pains a lot and I do not feel like eating anything.
I am getting sudden shock in special body parts like pelvic cavity while playing. I think this is due to weak nervous system. Suggest me a plan to get rid of this shocks and pains.
I have burning sensation in urethra. Some time after urine feel burning sensation. Sometime I feel high burning sensation and after complete urine want stand in toilet drop drop urine come. I check my urine test is OK. I have no morning erection also from last 2 months. I have other body pain. I take flomax and levoflox by urologist advice from last 2 months but no benefit so far. My morning erection is go worst. How to diagnose my problem? Please help me. Can I have big problem? I have very tense.
Hi Doctor, My Daughter has leg pain, she is 4 year old and once in a week she told about her pain, we have taken consultation from two-three doctor about this and Do test of vitamin-D
Sir my father is 66 years old. For last 3 days, he is reeling under severe fever ranging between 102- 104 F temp. He is being administered Dolo 650 tab almost after every 5-6 hours. After giving tab within 2 hrs. His temp becomes normal. He is feeling very weak, not at all interested in having food, feeling very cold when fevers creeps up, body ache. He has no cold. Once or twice he had vomiting after having food. He also took gudcef 200mg for 3 days but now has been discontinued. Kindly suggest what to do.
I am suffering from cold, fever from past eight days. Headache, pain in entire body from past 3 days.
Persistence of pain even after full healing of an affected area after injury or ailment is known as chronic pain. Chronic pain can also occur due to an undiagnosed underlying condition within the body. Any form of pain which lasts for more than 6 months can be categorized as chronic pain. Chronic pain might be continuous or episodic, excruciating or mild, totally incapacitating or merely inconvenient.
Symptoms of Chronic Pain include:
1. Light to severe pain that keeps occurring from time to time and cannot be relieved easily.
2. Occurrence of pain that can be described as burning, shooting, aching or even, electrical.
3. Constant feelings of discomfort. This includes stiffness, tightness or soreness in the affected area.
Chronic pain usually does not occur alone and is often accompanied by other problems such as:
1. Lack of sleep
3. Weakened Immune System
5. Mood Swings that include depression, fear, hopelessness, anxiety, stress, irritability, etc.
Reasons behind it
There are a number of different factors that can cause chronic pain. Some of them are:
- Aging: Common conditions associated with normal aging can have an effect on joints and bones, giving rise to chronic pain.
- Incorrect treatment and improper healing: Bad diagnosis or incorrect medications or procedures may cause improper healing of injuries as well as damage to nerves leading to chronic pain.
- Underlying disorders or diseases: Diseases are also capable of causing chronic pain. Conditions like osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia are some well-known diseases that cause chronic pain. However, persistent and chronic pain might occur due to sicknesses like multiple sclerosis, cancer, AIDS, stomach ulcers as well as gallbladder disease.
In most of the cases, the reasons behind chronic pain can be rather complex. Sometimes, even though the chronic pain begins with an illness or an injury, the ongoing pain is capable of developing into a psychological aspect even after the physical issues have been healed, thus making treatment tricky.
Chronic pain is usually managed using a combination of physical therapy, medications and exercises, which helps in reducing the pain. Examples of pain relieving medications include ibuprofen and aspirin. Day-to-day activities can be performed only if this pain is adequately controlled. Additional techniques include:
- Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA): The target of this technique to address the nerves that are responsible for sending pain signals to the brain. This is achieved by placing the heated tip of a needle in a region which is extremely close to the nerve. The heat renders the nerve incapable of sending the pain signal.
- Pain Shots: This is used to deliver medications to the exact site of the pain. Nerve blockers are also used to block signals from reaching the brain.
- Alternative approach: These include acupuncture, massages and yoga along with other treatments from alternative medicine.