Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Anjali BharadwajYour feedback matters!
My wife, aged 62 years, has some sort of burning sensation in her vagina, which increases at night, specially after urinating. This problem is continuing for the last three-four years with varying degree of intensity. About three years ago, she underwent a minor operation for this problem, after which she got some relief for about six months. But this problem was not completely solved.
Hi I am 22 years old. My stomach is pain in mc so what can I do? And my hair loss problem is very higher please tell us tablet or medicine for hair loss.
I am in my 20's and I have allot of acne and pigmentation. They are small spots all over my cheeks forehead and acne with no heads over chin. What should I do.
Does finasteride 1 mg tablets is good for curing baldness in Men, Does it have any side effects, and how many times a day one should take this medicine.
Hello, I have a fever from 3 days. In morning I am alright. But, after 9pm I suffer from fever. So, help me through this.
PILLOWS AND MATRESSES.
“My neck pain started two days ago, Immediately I removed my pillow”
This is the very usual dialogue that I hear in my daily practice from my patients who are suffering from neck pain. Is pillow that important factor in causing neck pain or in relieving neck pain?? Let us know the facts.
Neck pain can be caused because of various reasons. Poor neck posture is one of the reasons for neck pain. So, what should be your sleeping posture? How can a pillow alter your normal sleeping posture?
Body needs rest and sleep gives our body rest so that body and mind work efficiently. It is very important that we maintain a normal sleeping posture so that muscles also get rest.
- Spine has to be straight
- Neck has to be in line with the body.
- It is better to avoid sleeping on tummy, as you will be forced to turn your neck to one side to facilitate breathing. Whole length of your sleep is spent with the neck turned to one side, out of alignment with the body, forcing the brain to sense something wrong and you wake up with a stiff neck. Pillow has no role here!!!
So, what kind of pillow can be used?
- Pillow can neither be too hard as it doesn’t absorb the shock/ weight of head, nor it can be too soft as the weight of the head can depress the pillow down and might take neck too low than body.
- Ideally the pillow has to regain its original shape faster once you wake up from lying position. If a pillow takes too long to come back to its original shape or doesn’t come at all or remains in the same shape, its time for you to change your pillow.
- If you are lying on your back, its better to use a thin pillow which supports your head and neck. Please do not use a thick pillow in this position, as it may raise or bring your head and neck forward or higher than body causing stress to your spine.
Not using a pillow when you lie down in this position can take your neck backwards and might cause trouble breathing.
Recommended to use a thin/ lighter pillow when you lie down on your back.
- If you are lying on your side (right or left), its better to go with a thicker pillow. Ideally the pillow should be as thick as the distance between your shoulder and neck, so that when you lie down on your side the neck doesn’t go down or go up and stays in line with the body. Pillow has to be used!!
Recommended to use a thicker pillow when lying on side.
Pillow is not a major cause of neck pain. Its always better to use a pillow than not using at all. Removing the pillow the moment neck pain starts is definitely not a good solution for your neck pain. Chose the right pillow and more importantly consult your Physiotherapist.
As with the pillow for neck pain, mattress is not a major cause for back pain.
- Mattress should not be too hard, should not be too soft either.
- If it is too soft, the broader areas of our body like the hips and shoulders, might press the mattress down thereby reducing the support for other body parts, which strains them as they do not get proper support.
- If its too hard, the mattress wont be able to support the various natural curvatures of our body (broader and narrower areas), forcing the muscles to work more and get strained.
- Its better to change a sacked mattress or too depressed mattress.
- Mattress should be uniform in contour.
- Lying bare on floor wont work!!!!
And more importantly consult your Physiotherapist for back related issues.
Have a pain free life…..
My wife aged 60 having white and black small patches on her hands and stomach. Can you prescribe some remedy.
My stomach usually stays upset. I stopped eating food outside and eat only home cooked food but still the problem persists. And I also suffer from acne breakouts. People have said that it's due to my unwell stomach or hormonal changes. I think it's latter as breakouts are on chin or lower cheeks area. Please suggest some measures to tackle the same.
I am loosing my hairs very quickly Almost all shampoos used but not controlled it. Please suggest me.
Lybrate | Dr. Kalpesh kharva speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
I'm very fat. I know I overrate at meals, but I can't help it. If I limit my portions, I'm hungry an hour later. How can I avoid overeating and have better control of my appetite. (I'm 95kgs weight, 5'2" height)
My husband is 43 years old. He got his sugar 141 before having anything and 149 after having food. Is this normal?
My friend did not had her periods from past one and half month. Mean while she was having intimacy in between and she was stressful due to work. She checked the pregnancy check 2 times the result was negative. Her previous period happened 2 times in a month i.e in may 28th and june 13th from that time till now no clue. Can she get any answer for this. Any medication? Consultant?
- Here I would like to have your attention to quickly look out some points which are easily missed out while living our day to day life. Even we don’t realize, those points could make a huge difference in our life. A bit small points have a capacity to make drastic changes in our life.
- Our life style has changed a lot. It has transformed from healthy living life to wealthy living life. We do gain some short term benefits but also suffers from long term permanent health losses. The reality is while it is actually happens with us we don’t realize it and simply face the after effects.
- To convey this point let's take an example, which will help us to get more clarity and also you can feel the importance of being healthy.
- Our day to day life is more associated with table and chair, constant staring at screen, our working hours usually gets extended, no need to say that this is going to cause us and going to gift us wrist, elbow, arm, shoulder, neck, back, hip, knee, ankle, joint pain, and many more. Some of permanent gifts are like spondylitis, spondylolisthesis, pivd, straightening of the spine, osteophyte formation, which are enough sufficient to spoil your life.
- Awareness of some simple yet effective ways of proper sitting posture will help us to stay away from dangerous effects and thereby abusing our backs, necks and arms.
- It is always been said that prevention is better than cure. Without extending your curiosity much here we go by the right information about how to sit in proper posture and not to make crime by abusing our backs, necks and arms.