Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anitha ShankarYour feedback matters!
Tooth sensitivity is a condition when the nerve ending in the teeth are overly sensitive to hold hot and cold conditions. Drinking and eating hot or cold food may cause a sharp pain in the tooth. A material called dentin, which is what makes up the inside of your tooth, is protected by the enamel in the crown and the cementum in the root of the tooth. In cases when the dentin loses its covering, teeth may be become sensitive.
Causes of sensitive teeth
1. Inflammation caused by bacteria may lead to sensitive teeth.
2. Gum diseases such as gingivitis may cause the gums to retract and reveal the roots of your teeth.
3. Constantly grinding your teeth can cause the enamel to break down, which leads to exposure of the dentin.
4. Accumulation of plaque can cause sensitive teeth.
5. Various acidic foods such as lemon cause the enamel to be worn out.
6. Sensitive teeth is caused by decay of the tooth.
7. Various dental procedures such as teeth restoration and cleaning of the teeth cause the teeth to be sensitive.
Treatments for sensitive teeth
1. You need to use dental products that contain fluoride. Fluoride products tend to decrease teeth sensitivity.
2. Restrict consumption of acidic foods such as lemon and some dairy products.
3. If you grind your teeth then start using mouth guard.
4. Follow proper dental hygiene, such as brushing and flossing on a regular basis to keep teeth sensitivity at bay.
5. You should use a toothbrush that has soft bristles so that the gum tissue is not affected while brushing.
6. You may use a toothpaste that has been made for people who have sensitive teeth.
7. You may apply fluoride varnishes to root surfaces that have been exposed.
8. You may cover up root surfaces with white fillings.
9. Application of dentin sealers to root surfaces that have been exposed may help in preventing tooth sensitivity.
10. Laser is also effective to fix tooth sensitivity.
I have my wisdom tooth coming up which has become very painful in the left area of my mouth. Intake of food is hard. Some swelling also can be felt. Please let me know what is to be done. Thankyou.
Hello. I am 19 Years Old Boy. Actually I Have Suffered From Wisdom Teeth Pain 15 Days Ago. Then, I Got Mouth Ulcers.
She is pregnant now its 7th month 1st week She got Gum infection past three day of both side end of the teeth gum. I guess that may be a cause of wisdom teeth but I not yet seen. The skin of that place not like normal skin the colour is changed on that point of gum. Still not consulted doctor or dentist just goggling with salt water we for from regular gynecology do please suggest me. Whatever weight is mentioned is on day weight on antenatal card.
I am 28 years male. Suffering from dental pain at left upper m1 and m2. The dentist took the xray and explained as m2 is completely infected and m1 is infected but in the outermost layre of enamil.
I am 61 years male, and I feel blood is sometimes exuding from last left side inner tooth gum with out any pain. Kindly tell me the reason and remedy.
I am facing mouth ulcer problem continuously since three months. Every ulcer last for 7 days, and 2nd one appear as soon as 1st one disappear. What should i do?
My teeth are out. Please tell me the expenses and duration of braces? Also tell me will it be effective or not? Please do tell me. It makes me feel ugly sometimes.
The kid is 4.5 years old. He is having dental problem. His front four teeth decayed half by bottle caries and rest half are sticked in the gums.
My front teeth are little bit outer or furthest from the centre. I'm 37, Can these frontal teeth be shifted to the actual position/centre. If it is possible than what kind of treatment required & what will be the fee.
Gum diseases can be treated and reversed in their initial stages very easily. By getting the accumulated tartar and plaque removed by a dentist, there is a chance that they can get better without much ado.