Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Anitha ShankarYour feedback matters!
I have dental problem for last 6 months its like old mans teeth, can you suggest me how to protect my teeth and how to control it help us.
How to get a white shade for teeth, I brush twice a day but it not working, suggest me some useful tip.
I have a pain I my teeth all the time whenever I have eat hot or cold food. I have already use many tooypaste product. please suggest some thing for me. Thank you.
I have very severe problem of bad mouth smell. I tried sensodine and rexidine but not yet satisfied. Please suggest something which can help me get rid of this problem permanently.
Having a bad breath smell is considered a social stigma. Also known as halitosis, it refers to the unpleasant odor that can be sensed when the affected person opens his/her mouth. When in the company of a person with bad breath smell, many people tend to cover their nose. The most frequent cause for this malady is the bacterial growth in the mouth. So, you need to find ways of avoiding the accumulation of bad bacteria in your mouth in order to eliminate bad breath. A very common cause that encourages bacterial growth is having a dry mouth.
The treatment for bad breath varies from oral hygiene, to avoiding certain kinds of foods, particularly those causing a reduction in the production of saliva. Some helpful ways of treating bad breath are mentioned below. You'll also discover the reasons that make them effective.
1. Brush your teeth, followed by gargling, at the end of each meal: it helps eliminating the food particles that may be left in your mouth. These tiny particles can cause a foul smell as they start decaying.
2. Scrap the tongue: your tongue has millions of infinitesimal hairs, where bacteria gets trapped and causes bad breath. You can recognize the presence of bacteria on your tongue as it gets coated with a white layer.
3. Chewing sugar-free gum encourages the flow of saliva, while a dry mouth encourages the growth of bacteria. So, if you keep your mouth hydrated, the bacterial growth is eliminated or restricted.
4. Visit your dentist periodically: your dentist can discover if any gum problems or perhaps a decayed tooth are the cause of bad odor. For instance, that filling in your tooth may have cracked, or it might be inefficiently positioned, allowing food particles to get deposited there, resulting to a bad breath.
5. Avoid mouthwashes and breath fresheners that contain alcohol: though such formulations help masking bad odors for a while, they also dry the mouth quickly, and thus facilitate undesired bacterial growth.
6. Apply peppermint oil: this solution may be applied with or even without using a toothbrush. It has mouth refreshing properties, and it helps killing unwanted bacteria.
7. Use baking soda: a proven treatment for bad breath is brushing your teeth with baking soda. It also helps keeping a good oral health.
8. Consume leafy green vegetables: many people are not aware that chlorophyll, as available in leafy green vegetables, helps keeping your breath fresh all the time. So, start eating such vegetables regularly.
9. Avoid certain foods: toxic foods, such as spicy meats and certain varieties of cheese, including blue and Camembert, should be avoided, as they encourage the formation of gases in the stomach, and these tend to escape through the mouth, causing a foul smell.
Having pain in tooth. It get worse in night. It increases when some material gets into the gap. But in general it very low in day time. But in night it goes severe.
Mere throat mai 1 month se pain hai. Meri tongue mai white colour ke spots bhi hai. Aur weakness bohot zyada hai.
Smile designing or smile makeover is the cosmetic process of improving the appearance of one’s smile. Since smile is the most commonly used way to communicate non-verbally, it is of utmost importance to have a winning smile that exudes confidence; this cosmetic procedure helps give you just that. Many people don’t have good smile, they might be too conscious about their teeth or worry about the fine lines on their faces. Smile designing helps one to alter their as per what they desire.
Techniques used by a cosmetic dentist to enhance or correct their patient’s smile:
1. Whitening: This procedure is used for people who have yellow or discolored teeth. The cosmetic dentist makes a chemical mixture containing peroxide and then the concoction is applied on the teeth for the discoloration to fade away. 2 to 3 sittings can give you satisfactory results.
2. Bonding: This procedure is performed on people who want to fix teeth that are broken or chipped. The dentist usually applies an acrylic material on the tooth that can be shaped and contoured to fit perfectly on the chipped tooth.
3. Enamel shaping: The dentist removes very little amount of enamel (tooth’s outer layer) to re-shape the tooth, if excess enamel makes the smile look uneven and odd.
4. Crowns and bridgework: This procedure replaces any missing tooth. Prosthetic tooth or teeth are made to help match your real teeth so that it doesn’t look superficial or out of place.
5. Gum contouring: You might also have uneven gums, which don’t complement your face and teeth. In such a case, gum contouring shapes your gums to help you achieve that perfect smile.
6. Veneers: The frontal portion of the teeth is fixed by applying a thin layer of porcelain like material on it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.