Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
When I am press my wifes breast milk come out through nipple. But my wife not in pregnancy and no child. Our marriage have last one year. Some small periods problem solved when we consult doctor and take medicine. Now no periods problem. Milk come out in my wifes brest in last two months when I press the brest. Please help me is it ok or not. Please send me a mail in my mail id.
My friend is 18 year old. She did not come periods (menstrual cycle) from 15 days. Which reasons are behind these? Please suggest ways to regularity of periods.
Dysmenorrhea is a menstrual disorder in which women suffer painful menstrual cramps along with other symptoms during their periods. It affects about 20 percent of the women of menstrual age. This happens at the start of the periods and may last for three days till the end of the period.
Few Common Symptoms are:
- Abdominal pain with menstrual cramps
- Joint pain, especially in the lower back hips and sometimes in the inner thighs
- May also result in vomiting sometimes
- In certain cases, may also cause an upset stomach
The causes behind dysmenorrhea
The primary cause behind this is usually the contracting of the uterus. The uterus does normally contract a little during menstruation but it may contract a bit too much, affecting the blood vessels and nerves within the abdominal region causing this condition. Some basic steps to reduce pain from cramps.
Some of the steps to be followed to allay the symptoms are:
- Taking ample rest during the days of bleeding
- Staying away from alcohol or any other food or drink that may dehydrate the body
- Avoiding smoking
- Avoid coffee or any food products high in caffeine
- Avoiding foods high in salt
- Massaging the lower back gently
- Using a hot water bag on the abdomen to relieve some of the pain
The steps mentioned above are meant primarily as preventive and pain reducing measures, but for more severe symptoms medications such as acetaminophen, ibuprofen or others may be necessary.
However, the best advice would be to consult a doctor in case of prolonged pain during the days of bleeding rather than self medicating or only relying on home remedies.
Hello doctor. Its been 4 months, still my wife experiences pain in her vagina when we have sex. What could be the reason. And cure.
I am 22 years old girl from india. From last 2 years I am gaining weight day by day. I have irregular periods. Uric acid is around 7 mlc. I am having pcos as per doctors report. Please help to improve my health.
Every woman is different. So are her experiences of pregnancy. Not every woman has the same symptoms or even the same symptoms from one pregnancy to the next.
1. Fatigue - If you're suddenly exhausted, it might be a response to the increasing hormones in your body. Don't treat fatigue with excessive caffeine if there is a chance you may be pregnant.
2. Sensitivity to certain Smells – Certain pleasant or unpleasant smells can make you nauseous. If you're repulsed by certain smells, or have an increased sensitivity to odors.
3. Nausea and Vomiting – This is due to rising hormones levels in early pregnancy
4. Breast Tenderness – Tender and heavy-feeling breasts, darkening of the areolas and even more pronounced veins on your chest can be a first sign that you're pregnant. Get a well fitted bra to ease the discomfort
5. Frequent Urination – In early pregnancy the uterus grows and pushes on the bladder, triggering the urge to urinate more often.
6. Shortness of Breath - This is because you need extra oxygen due to the growing embryo
7. Spotting and Cramping – This is due to implantation of the fertilized egg to wall of the uterus. Is it PMS or pregnancy? It's hard to tell, but if you're feeling crampy, it might be your uterus stretching to get ready for a baby.
8. Mood swings- These are also related to changes in hormones
9. Constipation - The higher levels of the hormone progesterone can make you constipated. You swear you fit in your skinny jeans just last week. If you're feeling a little puffy or backed up, it might be extra progesterone due to pregnancy, which slows down your digestive system.
10. Late Period
Many of the early signs of pregnancy are also symptoms of PMS. How to tell the difference? The most telling clue yet will be a missed period. If your cycle is fairly regular and you're late, you should head to the drugstore for pregnancy test kit or a gynecologist
A pregnant woman could have all of these or maybe have only one or two. If any of these symptoms become bothersome, then visit your Gynecologist and Obstetrician for consultation.
Dr. Jyotsna Gupta
I am 23years old female. Generally I face a menstrual problem due to PCOS and it delays till 3 months or so. Sometimes I feel a slight pain in my chest. Does these two problems correlated? What should I suppose to do now?
I had TAH and BSO (Hysterectomy) done on 21st 2015. I resumed normal work on 24th itself, surgery was painless, medicines administered till 31st Dec'15. Do not lift heavy weights etc. I had no b. P. No sugar, ECG was normal. I am doing swimming now in Ganga water almost daily and itching pain inside the horizontal incision subsides. At times I get some itching sensation i. E. Tingling sensation inside. But it is not at all unbearable. I live mostly on fruits and liquid diet. Breathing rate being 3 to 4 times per minute. Should I take any medicine? Please advise me in this regard.
Me and my girlfriend got intimated I inserted my penis a bit inside her vagina I am not sure if my sperms released in her vagina we dint had complete sex I just kept my penis near her vagina can this create a problem or there are any chance of pregnancy please help.
1. Soybeans: soybeans provide consistent means of getting omega 3 vitamins, as compared to marine life. Since the supply of fish is highly unreliable, it is essential to obtain omega 3 vitamins through a consistent land based means. Soybeans is easier to obtain and grow and has a higher shelf life than fish.
2. Spinach: spinach is one of the most healthiest vegetables to consume, containing high source of protein and fiber. Spinach also has omega 3 vitamins which provide a good alternative for vegetarians. One cup of cooked spinach contains 371mg of omega 3 fatty acids. No wonder spinach is ranked at the top of the world's healthiest edible items.
3. Walnuts: we have already written about the benefits of walnuts when it comes to dieting and leading a healthy lifestyle. But did you know walnuts also have high omega 3 content not only do they provide energy because of their high caloric content and keep you feeling full, walnuts provide an alternative means to get omega 3 vitamins if you are feeling a little lazy to cook.
4. Flax seeds: flax seeds are a convenient way to get omega 3 and could be consumed in different ways. Although flax seeds contain only one member of the omega 3 fatty acids, alpha-linolenic acid, it has the highest amount of omega 3 found in all edible items apart from fish. Flax seeds can be included in pretty much any dish and make it a high source of omega 3 vitamins.
5. Wild rice: wild rice is a good substitute for white or brown rice because it contains more antioxidents and is also gluten-free. It has high omega 3 content and is also a much healthier substitute to white rice. Although wild rice is not as readily available as white or brown rice, because of its high nutritional value, it is recommended to include it as part of a healthy lifestyle.
6. Basil: surprisingly, basil is one of the many herbs found to have high source of omega-3. It also has several significant health benefits because of the anti-oxidants present in them. The anti-oxidants helps in preventing aging by helping your body fight against oxidative stress.
7. Kidney beans: kidney beans are a great addition to any dish providing it with unique flavour and texture. Although it doesn't compare to fish in omega-3 content, it provides adequate amount to help your health significantly. It also is a great source of fiber, which helps prevent any digestive problems. Include kidney beans in your diet.
My question is this, mene 1 week pehle sex kiya tha usko period nai aa raha tha 5 din late ho gya tha jab maine sex kara tha to aaj 5 din aur ho gaya hai to kya karu mai ye batiye use dawa du ki wait karu jab ki mera lequid nai gira tha uske vaigina mai.
5 diet and fitness tips for busy people
Integrate activity into your everyday life
Vigorous exercise is important. However, if your hectic schedule leaves you with no time to hit the gym, you can try integrating some activity in the course of the day for increasing your productivity and staying fit.
Take a walk when you are conversing on the phone.
Instead of the lift, take the stairs.
Take short breaks and step away from the workstation.
Workouts at home, such as sit-ups, push-ups, crunches, lunges and squats, keep you in shape.
Eat healthily and on time
Foods which are low in nutritional value and have too many calories can pose serious health problems, including weight gain, cardiovascular problems, and diabetes. It is important to stick to a healthy diet and a strict routine.
Instead of starchy foods, choose wholegrain variants which contain more fiber, and keep you feeling full.
Feel like snacking in the middle of the day? stock up on nuts and seeds or citrus fruits that are known to cure fatigue and stimulate alertness.
To keep your energy up and your metabolism on overdrive, eat breakfast and smaller meals throughout the day, rather than 3 big meals.
Have sufficient liquids through the day to avoid dehydration.
Avoid processed or packaged foods that contain too much sugar. Excess sugar has been linked to energy spikes followed by a crash while too much salt can lead to high blood pressure and an increased risk of strokes and heart disease.
Sleep is important
Finding it difficult to get a good night's sleep? sleep deprivation can lead to fatigue, confusion, memory lapses and irritability.
To get a restful sleep:
Create a sleep schedule and stick to it. Reading a book, listening to relaxing music, or taking a warm shower can help in relaxing your body.
Avoid watching tv or surfing on your mobile as this can interfere with your sleep.
Pay attention to what you eat and drink. Going to bed hungry or stuffing yourself too much can cause discomfort and keep you awake.
Focus on deep breathing
When you are trying to juggle multiple things at a time, you are bound to be stressed. Five to ten minutes of deep breathing can help in relaxing you and reducing anxiety.
You can also close your eyes and focus on relaxing and tensing each muscle group while taking deep, slow breaths. The best part about this is that you can do it anytime, at home, workplace or even on the road.
Watch your posture
Good posture is not just great for your back and neck, but also allows you to breathe properly and increases concentration and thinking ability. To improve your posture:
Get a good quality office chair, one with firm and dense cushioning and back support.
Instead of resting your weight on a particular foot, plant both feet flat on the floor.
Set a reminder to check your posture. This can be in the form of a post-it note, an alarm on your phone or an email reminder.
My wife gave birth to boy the day before yesterday. She is feeding milk to boy most of the time. Now her nipple getting red and getting tears. Paining also.
I am 20 year old. Im suffering with pcos. I have taken homeopathy for few months. But I get my periods only when I take it or else it would take 6-7 months. Please help me.
I menstrual period of 15 days. Since15 days continuously the bleeding goes on? Wt should I prefer to control it. And this is the 1 st time iam facing like this.
I am married since last 2 years having normal sex life, we eagerly wishing to have a baby, unfortunately we are unsuccessful. Don't know what's exactly the problem.
Flawless skin is becoming a thing of the past. Skin problems like acne, pimples, freckles, fine lines and wrinkles, to name a few are on a mercurial rise. Many find their skin to be losing its radiance at an alarming rate.
Water is one of the most important components that help in the process of digestion, blood circulation, mineral absorption and can have positive impact on your skin. Dehydration can take a toll on your skin, leaving it dry and lifeless. In order to ensure the health of your skin, it is highly recommended to keep your system hydrated. Following are the benefits of water:
- Moisturizes dry skin and lessens the appearance of wrinkles: Insufficient intake of water makes your skin appear dry and flaky; such a skin is more prone to wrinkling. When you drink sufficient water your skin cells hydrate from within. Hydrated skin is resilient in nature and therefore, it has less chance of suffering from premature wrinkling.
- Makes your skin appear younger: It is advised to drink minimum 8 glasses of water a day to keep your body hydrated. The condition of your health can be analyzed from the condition of your skin, as a body that is hydrated well, makes your skin appear healthy too.
- Get rid of dark circles: The problem of dark circles arises over the years due to the damage of the capillaries under the eyes. The skin around the eyes is thinner than facial skin, which hinders the smooth flow of fluid through them. Plenty intake of water on a regular basis can reduce the appearance of dark circles dramatically, making your skin appear healthy.
- Keeps skin soft: Skin is made up of 3 layers namely, epidermis, dermis and subcutaneous tissue. When the water content of the outermost layer of the epidermis is insufficient, your skin tends to lose elasticity and feel rough. Intake of adequate water hydrates the skin cells and makes them function properly, making your skin soft and supple.
- Improves skin tone: Water is known for its abilities to flush out toxins from your system and for maintaining the proper functioning of your kidneys. Sufficient intake of water ensures that harmful toxins and impurities are regularly flushed out of your system, thereby, adding a healthy glow to your skin.