Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anitha
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AnithaYour feedback matters!
I had taken option 72 after 48 hrs. Will it work? And please confirm won't I get pregnant for another 3 years.
Hi, My GF is facing problem with her period that going delay. Her period date for every month is 17. Today is 28 but still she is waiting for period. We had a secure and protection used intercourse on 10th of this month. Since last 6 day's she found that there is some sticky fluid is going out from her vagina but its very small quantity and before 2-3 days she found that 5-6 drop of blood only. The day before yesterday we done the pregnancy test and it is negative. Can you please help us out to identify what's is that going out and why is it getting late. Thanks, Rahul.
Only men have prostate gland and it surrounds that part of the tube which carries urine out of the body from the bladder. When cells in this gland start growing without any control and get clumped with each other, they form tumors. It is then the chances of prostate cancer arise in the men's body. These tumors can be malignant, and they can kill the healthy tissues of your body and spread to other body parts.
Chances of getting prostate cancer
The chances of getting prostate cancer are among men who are over 65 years of age. The ratio of getting prostate cancer is one among six men. It is more common in black men compared to white men, Hispanic men and Asian men. Moreover, when there is history of prostate cancer in your family, the chances of having prostate cancer increases.
Now, let's find out the symptoms that will let you know that you may have prostate cancer.
Symptoms of prostate cancer
There are different stages of prostate cancer and depending upon the stage you can get to know various symptoms.
However, the problem is that in the early stages there are no specific symptoms of prostate cancer. Certain urinary symptoms may suggest that you are suffering from prostate cancer. Such symptoms are:
- Frequent urination
- Difficulty with starting urine flow
- Urination that burns
- Blood in the urine
- Weak flow, or 'dribbling'
These symptoms always do not mean that you are suffering from prostate cancer, as these symptoms may be there when your prostate gland gets enlarged.
Another symptom associated with prostate cancer is pain in different parts of the body. When the cancerous cells spread they cause pain around the prostate gland. There can be pain in the hips, pelvis, and lower back or upper thighs.
Prostate gland also plays a major role in the male reproductive system. Thus, if there is any sexual dysfunction, there are chances that it may be due to prostate cancer. If you are having a problem in getting an erection or maintaining it also becomes difficult, one problem can be prostate cancer. Sometimes you may experience painful ejaculation, which also points towards chances of having prostate cancer.
Thus, if you experience any of the above mentioned symptoms, its right time to get to your physician. Remember that as there are no early symptoms, the moment you find any of these symptoms, you should pay a visit to your Doctor.
Related Tip: "Prostate Cancer and Its Psychological Impact"
I had a intercourse before 15 days, just next day I took a contraceptive pill because I was worried about this and then I also do home test after 3 days it results negative. Now my menstrual date was at 10th but till today it has not start yet. Now I feel something white discharge (sometime very thick white sometime not so much thick and it has odour) is it normal? What should I do? I beg you to help me. Please.
Preparing for an IVF cycle physically as well as emotionally is as important for men as it is for women. Additionally, if it's the first time you are opting for an IVF then it will help a lot if you prepare for it in advance. There are many issues to consider like your hormonal balance, sperm count, your general health, physical and emotional issues experienced by you and your partner during the process etc. Read on to find some effective tips that will ensure that you can smoothly complete the procedure and support your partner in doing so.
1. Gather information about the process
If you and your partner are opting for IVF for the first time then it will be beneficial for you both to know about the process first. It always helps if you are familiar with the uncertainties involved and prepare yourself to face any complexities arising during the cycle.
2. Seek emotional support from family and friends or join a support group
You should build a small supportive social circle of family and friends for yourself and your partner to deal with the stress and emotional changes experienced during the process. Alternatively, joining an online infertility support group also proves to be effective.
3. Opt for fertility cleansing
Fertility cleansing for men is as important as it for women as it ensures a healthy hormonal balance. The simplest steps would be to abstain from using plastic containers for eating and drinking, consuming organic food and fertility boosting foods as well as not having soy-based food products or alcohol.
4. Provide proper nourishment to your body
For this ask your doctor to suggest a diet which will boost male fertility and ensure better sperm health. Moreover, you can have multivitamin supplements to get essential minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. Also, keep yourself hydrated by consuming at least 8 glasses of clean water every day.
5. Look after yourself and your partner
Ensure that you and your partner remain fit and healthy during the cycle by consuming a healthy diet. To keep stress at bay try exercising for 30 minutes daily or opt for fertility yoga or regular meditation. You may also think about seeking the help of a counsellor to strategically deal with the process. According to your preferences decide whether you want to have the counselling session with or without your partner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.
I had sex with my partner 25 days ago however I got my periods but it only lasted 2-3 days im not sure whether it was period or pregnancy bleeding ao for assurance I checked with apollo home pregnancy kit it showed negative should I be sure that I am not pregnant?
Hello mam, A mother has a baby of age 1.5 months. If she wears bra, will it produce the required amount of milk?
The Dangers of Herbs for Male Enhancement
Many men will do anything to have a handsome penis, and kudos to them for keeping up with the excellent penis care that can make it possible! But for some, the worries that their penis just isn't up to par (even if it is just fine indeed) can lead them to look for a type of penis care that is risky, dangerous and certainly not recommended. Herbs for male enhancement is a niche market for those who seek a more handsome penis and aren't afraid to risk their health to get it.
The truth is that male enhancement herbs, often delivered in the form of pills, are a terrible gamble. They offer no proven benefit but a host of unsavory side effects, some of which can even be deadly for those with underlying medical conditions.
So what can a man expect from male enhancement herbs and pills?
1) Added ingredients. While some herbs might be entirely safe for male enhancement, they way they are packaged is not. Most herbs are not "straight up" in pill form, but rather, mixed with other herbs or solidifying ingredients, and that's where the problem begins. These added ingredients can be almost anything, especially if the pills come from somewhere outside the United States and are subject to little or no regulation.
2) Illegal chemicals. Speaking of no regulation, it's entirely possible that chemicals recognized in the United States as causing cancer or serious other problems can make their way into the herb-based pills. For instance, benzyl piperazine, also known as BZP, is a recreational drug similar to amphetamines, and it's often found in male enhancement pills as a way to "boost" the libido.
3) Interactions with medications. Some of these herbal pills can react dangerously with medications, whether prescription or over the counter. For instance, goat weed is an herbal stimulant said to work in similar fashion to the common "little blue pill." However, it is also an herb that stimulates the heart and blood vessels, which could turn out to be problematic or even fatal for someone who is on certain medications, such as those for blood pressure.
4) Issues with underlying conditions. A man who has any underlying medical conditions, especially one that has not yet been diagnosed, is putting himself at risk with every male enhancement step he takes. This is because there is no way to know how the drug will work in the body, and with the body already somewhat compromised by the underlying medical condition, almost anything could happen.
5) Bothersome symptoms. For some men, the side effects might not be serious at first, but they can build up over time to something that makes a man miserable. Common problems with taking these pills can include headaches, digestive problems, nasal congestion, heart palpitations, joint and muscle pain, skin rashes and much more. In some severe cases, a man might turn out to have an allergy to one of the ingredients, and thus have even more serious side effects, such as trouble breathing.
If a man is truly unhappy with his penis - no matter how much of a handsome penis it is - and wants to look into enhancements, he can do so the responsible way, by speaking to his doctor about the options out there. This is a "better safe than sorry" scenario that will help a guy hold onto his overall health, rather than risk it on something not fully tested.
In addition, a guy can pay close attention to penis skin care, which is the number one way to get the handsome penis he craves. He can help things along with a reliable penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). The best crèmes will contain the tried-and-true beneficial vitamins, such as vitamins A, D and C, as well as numerous amino acids (the building blocks of protein) and antioxidants, all of which are great for overall skin health. Wrapped up in a luxurious Shea butter base for more supple skin, a man can't go wrong with this kind of safe, approved crème.