Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anitha
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AnithaYour feedback matters!
Hi, My age is 21. I use to work in night shift from the past 2 years. I am getting periods every month. But it's not bleeding much only having two or three drops of bleeding. Due to this am gaining more and more weight. Is there any permanent solution for this to reduce my weight and to bleed well.
I had sex on 4th day of my periods that Is on 22nd January at 5 pm and my first day of periods is 19th January. I take unwanted 72 on 25th January at 1 pm and after that I had lower abdomen pain. After 5 days that is on 31st January I had a vaginal bleeding for 3 days but the flow was slow. Now today is 22nd February and my this month periods doesn't come. I want to known is it pregnancy or what.
Hello I am 28 year old married woman. Today when I went to toilet I saw black color on my panty. It was dark black color and have bad odour too. I wanna know about it please suggest what should I do.
I am 21 year old Married. I am 2 time open heart surgery ed. One time valve repair second time valve replacement. Still I am ok. But. I get it warf tablets / we need pregnancy planning give me best.
My wife is suffering from infertility since 4 year. her menses is regular. Please give some suggetion.
Hi my age is 21. I am a female. Actually yesterday I has some kind of vaginal spotting .I thought that my periods have started because my date in the previous month was 14th but I am only having drop drop yesterday only three drops I do not know what has happened .Do I need to visit a doctor? Plus I do some exercise daily I do rope skipping upto 100 repetitions yesterday I did 200 is that a reason or is there ny other reason. I am really worried.
Does i-pill really works? Is it 100% safe to have i-pill after intercourse? Does it prevents pregnancy? Within what time is should be taken?
I am 41, late marriage trying to conceive since 4 years. My egg reserve is low producing just 1 or 2 eggs presently. I also hv issue with my uterine lining it is btwn 6-7.M going for I vf treatment. Got 8 eggs freeze all. Now Dr. will plan transfer very soon. My 1 iui and 2 ivf cycle failed. Is there any other way I can get pregnant soon?
I took I pill 3 days before my periods and now they are already delayed by 7 days. I took pregnancy test and it is negative. What should I do to get periods. Should I wait for natural periods or take some medicines to induce periods? If yes than please suggest the best medicine to induce periods.
Every parent takes that extra precaution to ensure that their child is protected. From giving only boiled and/or bottled water to multiple rounds of washing fruits and vegetables, everything is done. Despite these, when the child begins to complain of stomach ache, there is fear of a worm infection.
While there are many worm infections, the four most common ones that affect children are threadworms, hookworms, roundworms, and tapeworms (named after their shapes).
Worm infections are a reality, and a child can get a worm infection by one of the following routes.
- By eating unclean/undercooked/infected food: There could be eggs of these worms on vegetables and fruits, and if not washed thoroughly, chances of infection are high. Also, if seafood such as fish are infected with these, improper cooking of these can lead to infections.
- Walking barefoot on infected soil: This is the most common way to get worm infections, when children walk barefoot in damp soil.
- Drinking contaminated water: Some worms breed in water bodies like lakes and puddles. Playing in these areas or eating with hands contaminated in these areas can lead to infection.
- Contact with infected person: Either through unclean hands or fingernails contact of an infected person, the worm infection can reach the child.
Whatever the source, once these worms enter the body, they multiply and continue to grow in the child.
While an upset stomach is the most common symptom, the child also could be irritable. Other symptoms that are commonly seen in children are as below.
- Refusal to eat, both due the stomach pain and the loss of appetite
- Weight loss, due to reduced food intake. Additionally, the worms consume a large portion of the consumed food, reducing what is available for the child
- Anemia, which is especially true with hookworms
- Bloody stools
- Itching around the anus, from where the worms could have entered the body
- Skin rashes or urticarial
- Sleep disturbances, due to the above symptoms
- Frequent urination
- Susceptibility to infections, as anemia sets in and immunity is affected
- Worm testing
Stool testing including cotton swab testing and sticky tape testing are done to confirm the presence of worms.
The good news is that treating worm infections is quite easy and simple. A course of anti-parasitic or anti-worm medicine is often used to get rid of the worms and takes about a week to clear.
- Deworming is done quite commonly, though it is preferably done under medical supervision.
- Hygiene practices with respect to cleaning hands, toys, potty practices, bathing, bedding, clean drinking water, etc., can go a long way in prevention of worms.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!