Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Anitha CYour feedback matters!
I am 63 years. I have 8 extra teeth behind or in front of the original teeth, disorganized so far no tooth pain or no other problems so not thought of removal. Thinking of potential issues as aging increases. What would you advise.
I am 49 yrs, male. I have third molar teeth at an angle and it is pushing the second molar teeth giving pain. X-ray showed both have cavity in them. Dentist advised to remove both. Is it OK. What are the possible side effects.
Dr. I'm 30 year old woman. Dr. Bina sapplemant ke mera peth saaf nahi hota hai aur mujhe bad breath ki problem bhi hai please help me..
Is gum decay due to gingivitis reversible after scaling and treatment. I have heavy stone on my teeth. I am going for scaling. Can I completely recover from my teeth problem?
My one front teeth has changed in yellow color and in my front uper gum has swel. Kindly suggest me.
Hello doctor I have teeth problem as usual a little bleeding in the morning while brushing the teeth and a little awkward small as well as.
I am smoker last 9 years, I am facing changes in my mouth. Refer DP as pic of mouth. Is type of cancer? Is colour is mix of black. Red and little white I think. Please advise me. I am worried.
I am 28 year old man and I have face tooth cavity problem from years. But nowadays it was bleeding from the gum. Please tell me what should I do.
Hi. I want to keep my tooth healthy and white. What should I have to if ido? and doctor I have a hole in my left wisdom tooth and sometime food collect is in that. Please give advise for repair my wisdom tooth and whiting my teeth.
Due to chewing of gutkha tobacco since 2 years my mouth is unable to open and lips became black. Please suggest.
I am 20 years old. I have no any bad habit like smoking, eating gutkha etc. Although my mouth is not open more than 20 mm hardly. So,suggest me proper solution for increasing my mouth complete.
Dear sir , I am 46 years male suffering from anxiety and depression since two three years , on psychiatric medication but no improvement , having main problem is tension headache and loss of appetite , a little tension gives me headache and this headache problem is since 15-20 years , when happy , no tension , no headache , when I busy with work no headache observed but when I remember headache starts , now a days due to anxiety I am suffering from loss of appetite can not eat even a single roti , dryness in mouth please help me to solve my problem , please suggest exercise , natural cure for my issue , taking medicines since two years but no improvement.
One thing that can put away talking to someone very interesting is bad breath. And it is not an uncommon problem. While most just try to use mouth wash and chewing gums to keep it away, it is important to note that bad breath can be a sign of underlying causes, both in the mouth and the body as a whole.
Identifying the reason can help in early diagnosis and prompt treatment of the actual disease condition.
There could be oral and general causes for bad breath or halitosis as it is medically called. Food habits and other lifestyle habits including smoking can also lead to bad breath.
- Presence of food debris in a moist environment (saliva) is ideal for the oral bacteria to act on the food particles and break them down. This causes a bad breath, when it leads to plaque formation and it then calcifies into a hardened substance called calculus. Plaque and calculus are the main ingredients for tooth decay and periodontal disease.
- Severe tooth decay leads to bad breath as does periodontal infections. In severe cases, there could even be abscess formation in the root area of the tooth with pus formation
- Unclean dentures are another source of halitosis. There could be food lodged in between teeth or the undersurface of the denture, leading to bad breath.
- Dry mouth or xerostomia - Certain diseases and drugs can lead to dry mouth with reduced amounts of saliva. Saliva has a natural flushing effect on the bacteria, and in its absence, the bacteria thrive, leading to a bad odour.
General health: Chronic diseases like gastroesophageal reflux disease, digestive disorders, liver disorders, cancer, and diabetes can lead to bad breath.
- Long-term smoking and/or chewing tobacco and alcohol are also reasons for bad breath.
- Crash diets: People on low-carb diets can have a bad breath, owing to burning of the fat and producing ketones, which have a strong smell.
- Medications: Nitrates to reduce angina, chemotherapy agents for cancer, phenothiazines for anxiety can all lead to bad breath. They reduce saliva and/or release chemicals causing bad breath.
Management: The first step in managing halitosis is to nail the cause down, which makes it easier to treat.
- Start with oral hygiene check, and if there is decay or gum disease, consider restorations and cleaning.
- Mouth rinses can be used in the maintenance phase.
- Cessation of tobacco use should be considered.
- General health conditions like GERD should be managed
- Artificial saliva in cases of xerostomia
- Alternative medications if they are causing the bad breath
Oral breath is definitely embarrassing but can be managed very easily.