Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Anita PrasadYour feedback matters!
Hi. Pls I am a man of 45 years with little income to spend. Recently I found out that I can not read properly with my EYES no pain what so ever to show any eye problem and above all I now forget things so easily. When I keep or give out anything I not easily remember. Pls HELP me. Thanks.
I have problems in my eye. Iam not see clearly, when I study come out my tears. What is the solution of it?
Hi I am 20 years old in winter my eyes and head is pain very hardly what was the matter? Please guide me.
Hello sir/mam, How can I take care of my eyes in situations like, I have to work whole day long on computer screen about 6 to 9 hours keeping in mind that I have specs since 6 years?
My sister gets bleeding from the nose and also from the eyes since one month. With bleeding she also gets giddiness and blurred vision. Please help me.
Hi I'm nithin, 21 Imy eyes is very tired and radish. I spend more time with computer and tv what to do help me. And in night eyes are irritating when Ian riding vehicle. Help me.
Sir my friend regularly complaints about his eye pain and he is very worried about that. Please tell me a solution.
My mother is 40 year old she have sugar problem and. Recently in ultrasonic she. Have tumor.in uterus doctor said we have to do uterus removal operation for that but in normal sugar . So my question is can. Operation be done using insulin or we have go through laser treatment where d treatment is good for this in varanasi.
I have a eye problems I can not see clear from my left eye and it is not enough 6/6 visibility what can I do? Please suggest me for suitable Treatment.
Contact lenses are one of the most convenient ways to correct vision related problems. It is easily disposable and requires the least maintenance. It might have minor side effects in the form of irritations and allergies but it requires the least time for adaptability. They help to correct nearsightedness and farsightedness along with astigmatism and age-related vision problems like presbyopia. Following are the benefits and harms of wearing contact lenses.
Positive effects of contact lenses
1. Better vision - Wearing contact lenses improves your vision to a great amount, especially peripheral vision. They are comfortable to wear and can correct both nearsightedness and farsightedness. They can cause discomfort initially but are more effective than glasses. Lenses are also available in bifocals and tints and can be worn for long periods of time.
2. Great for an active lifestyle - Glasses can be a hindrance to sports activities and can limit your peripheral vision. Lenses, on the other hand, are great for an active lifestyle as they require short adaptation period. They are easy to put and take care of and do not require a lot of maintenance on your part as it needs least cleaning.
Risks of wearing contact lenses
1. Dry eyes - Dry eyes are the most common side effects of wearing contact lenses
2. Infections - Contact lenses wearers are prone to infection of the cornea called keratitis. It can cause swelling, blurry vision and other problems due to lack of oxygen supply to the cornea. Infection can be prevented by maintaining the hygiene while wearing and taking off lenses.
3. Allergic reactions - Allergic reaction to the contact lens solution can affect your vision as it causes inflammation of the eyeballs and redness. It can also cause eyelid inflammation and limit your scope of vision.