Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists in India. You will find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anita Krishnan
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Anita KrishnanYour feedback matters!
Dr Anitha is an awsome Doctor, a very friendly Doctor, surely you are in safe hands, if you meet her, whether its consultation or surgery. I got my Ear surgery done from her way back in 2008 and I just cant forget the care she took to make me feel comfortable and I was completely cured post surgery
When I went in swimming pool my left ears in water. After I am not able to hear clearly in many days something like one week now. so, what I do please doctor give me some suggestion.?
Abnormal development of the ear can lead to a lot of complications in the anatomy of the ear such as developmental and hearing problems. It can also give a deformed look to the ear. As such, ear deformity surgery corrects the shape of the ear and facilitates activities inside of it.
Types of ear deformities which can be treated with ear deformity surgery:
- Protruding ears: This is also called prominent ears. This condition is characterized by the ear protruding out from the side of the head. It can stick out more than 2cms from the side portion of the head.
- Constricted ears: This condition is characterized by the rim of the ear getting wrinkled, folded or tight. This condition is also known as ‘lop ear’ disorder.
- Cryptotia: This condition occurs when the framework of the ear cartilage gets partially buried under the skin.
- Microtia: This occurs when the external ear is underdeveloped.
- Anotia: When the ear is totally absent.
- Stahl’s ear: In this condition, the ears are pointy in shape and there is an extra cartilage in the scapha portion (groove or depression of the ear).
- Ear tags: They are also known as branchial cleft remnant or accessory tragus. This disorder consists of extra skin and cartilage in the ear.
- Earlobe deformities: These include duplicate earlobes, earlobes with clefts and skin tags attached to the ear lobe.
- Traumatic ear deformities: Some people have tears, laceration and bite injuries in their ears due to accidents or traumas. It can also be cured with ear deformity surgery.
- Cauliflower ear: Sometimes, an abnormal cartilage might form on the normal cartilage, this gives an abnormal appearance to the ears.
- Ear keloids: This is caused by excessive tissue formation after a minor trauma such as ear piercing.
- Ear hemangiomas: This is a common form of tumor in infancy. It can not only occur on the ears but also on any other parts of the body.
Ear deformity surgery is performed by a team of experts and plastic surgeons. Ear reconstruction can also be performed after an ear deformity surgery.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!