Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
There are different types of skin and they need care according to their specific type. A secret to healthy skin is maintaining a daily skin care regimen. To construct a beneficial routine, it is important to know your skin type. Learn about the different types and its symptoms to identify your own.
Skin Types and their characteristics:
- Dry - You have rough, scaly and flaky skin, which lacks hydration.
- Oily - Greasy, excessive oil, particularly on the T-zone, is usually accompanied by large pores.
- Normal - Your skin is balanced with the right amount of hydration.
- Sensitive - Your skin gets irritated, red and itchy with the application of cosmetics and creams.
- Combination - Skin that exhibits the characteristics of both dry and oily skin
Here are some skin care techniques you can opt for according to your skin type:
- Combination or oily - Invest in a cleanser that controls excess oil. Wash your face with an oil-free soap, do not scrub, rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry. You might want to wipe your face with astringent or a toner afterward.
- Dry - Use cleansers which are devoid of alcohol and fragrance because they can dry out your skin even more. Remember to exfoliate your skin once a week to eliminate dead cells and flakes.
- Sensitive - Use a very mild cleanser with calming ingredients like aloe vera, chamomile, green tea, and oats.
2. Moisturize - Applying a moisturizer is an important skin in your regime. Irrespective of your skin type, you need a moisturizer. It helps to lock in hydration and prevent dryness. If you have oily skin, apply lightweight oil free moisturizers.
3. Sunscreen - Use a daily sunscreen which has protection against UVA and UVB rays with an SPF of 30. It can protect you against skin cancer and premature wrinkles.
Apart from following a skincare routine, you also need to have a healthy diet, proper sleep and wear minimal makeup.
Related Tip: How are birthmarks usually treated??
My skin is fully tanned. Because I have been playing in hot sun these days and I have to become little fair too. What are the natural remedies we should do? Please advice.
My face and body is any one pimple in face dark circle my body is short pimples and my solution fast.
I am 19 years female I got a patch of rashes on my scalp and it is too much itchy. How to overcome it. I had a skin infection in my childhood days called as atopic dentist whether its the same on my scalp.
I have black spots and pimples on my face. I tried many different ways to remove pimples but I failed. So, please tell me what should I do?
I am 25 years old female and have deep tanning problems on my hand. What should I use to remove it. Tried haldi, tomato. But it didn't work.
I am suffering of anus pain which is very light in fact .But sometimes I feel it should not be .I have taken treatment in 2010 October when it was bleeding seriously .After that it has pained me twice only and very rarely bleed.I want an expert Doctor to consult regarding this. Kindly suggest me to contact an expert one
I am 18 year old male. My body is indian white but my face and hands have gone black due to sun. How do I improve my skin tone to normal.
I have dark spot on my forehead and surrounding my left eye due to spider kill by my hand. What should I do?
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream for 4months but did not see any changes, what should I do?
My son have very light skin in back bone. I consult neurologist he told me for operation bt very costly I am very worry about my child what I do back bone is very important part I know that. My son id normal in every thing he feed he can move his leg very easily please help me and suggest me some best Dr. which I can afford.
I have sun tanning on face for a long time. Used azelaic acid. No improvement. Kindly suggest some remedy. Any other precautions.
What is the symptoms of breast cancer (Women) in rural area's of India and the precaution to avoid this?
My problem is related with my skin. Below my knees my legs are having black spots as blood clotting are there. What should I do?
Drink lots of water: People tend to drink less water during winters but it is highly important to hydrate your skin from within. Carry a bottle of water with you whenever you step outside. Herbal tea is also a great remedy to moisturise your skin from within. Don’t leave your skin thirsty. Drink more water and help your skin retain its shine.
Bathe with lukewarm water: Winter is the time when your skin and hair need maximum attention. Though the idea of piping hot water is very tempting, stick to a lukewarm water bath every day. Make sure you use a mild non-drying soap or a moisturising soap to prevent your skin from getting dry and itchy.
Keep your skin moisturised: Choose a good, oil-based moisturiser to keep the skin moisturised and soft. Pay special attention to the exposed parts (and the most affected areas) like your hands, nails, feet and lips. Keep them well moisturised at all times. Use a lip balm to keep your lips soft and supple. Lip balm with SPF works better. Even those who have oily skin must use light moisturising lotions after cleansing to keep the skin soft.
Use a good sunscreen: People like to enjoy the sun during winters but little do they know that exposure to the sun can harm their skin in winter too. Use a sunscreen of SPF 15 or more when you step out in the open. In fact, it should be a part of your daily routine throughout the year. Don’t say goodbye to your sunscreen just because summer is over.
Do not lick your lips: Winter is the season of chapped lips and licking them will make them more chapped. Instead, use a good lip balm, preferably which contains tea tree oil as it helps heal painful cracks.
Internal wellness: This continues to be a requirement all through the year as a healthy skin is a reflection of good inner health. One should continue to eat healthy, drink plenty of water and exercise regularly.