Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. AnilYour feedback matters!
I did laser treatment for eyes. Now when I drive without glasses eyes pains. Is there any suggestion for this?
I hve red eyes for over 3 days. What should I do for best. Suggest me fast s per your knowledge. thanks.
Whenever I ride my bike. I got water draining from my both eyes at high rate. It is not normal. What should I do?
My face has black spots under eyes head and color is darkening I used skin lightening creams from yechi a very costly one but not effective my eyebrows and also slowly vanishing. I have undergone parathyroid operation. I am athyriod patient but under control My age is 51.
When I am opening & closing my eyes I feel there is something in my left eye, getting irritation. I tried itone eye drop yesterday night but no effect. By today morning left side headache started were irritation continues. Pls help.
I have an eyesight with power -1 to -1.5. I am not using glasses. Is lasik laser eye surgery the best & safe way to improve my eyesight or are there any other alternative/natural ways to have a very clear vision? please help me out with this vision problem as the clear vision is very essential for me as a sportsman.
I feel slightly pain in my eyes. When I was watched in front of mirror, I noticed there are red muscles appear on the white region of eyeball. Sir what is that, please give me tips do and don't. Sir, I daily wet my eyes when I brush the teeth.
Meri eye generally evening tk red ho jati hai .yani thaki si bhi mehsus krti hai .jabki nind bhi puri leta hu 8+ hours aur yeh kai years se aisa hi hai aur hospital me check bhi krwaya tb i-kul plus likhi thi dalne ke liye wo ek month to ldaali tb red nhi huii yani bahut kam huii .aur fir baad me waps pahle jaisi hi rahne lagi .iska koi ilaaj hai kya?
I sit in front of computer most of the time fir which my eyes turns red and tears fall, So please recommend me a medicine.
I am 22 years old. I have a problem related to my eye. In my eye like a dundruf come on it. Should I do.
I started noticing that the sclera of my eyes is somehow red and the side of my eyes is red too I also experience pains in my eyes what could be the cause.
While using smart phone eyes are getting some pain even within few minutes. What to do to control burning of eyes.
The cornea is a highly organized and advanced tissue present in the eye. It is one of the few tissues in the body that doesn't contain any blood vessels. It nourishes itself from the aqueous humor (or tears). The cornea has three different layers with two membranes embedded in it. Every membrane has its own set of functions.
Here is a list of 10 important facts about the cornea and corneal diseases:
- The cornea plays a pivotal role in helping the eye to focus on the light rays that enter it. Approximately 70 percent of the focusing power comes from the cornea. The cornea, along with the lens, is responsible for reflection and refraction in the eye.
- The epithelium is the outermost layer of the cornea. It restricts the entry of foreign particles into the eye and absorbs oxygen. This membrane is followed by the Bowman's membrane. The third layer is known as the stroma. It is responsible for the eye's elasticity and strength. The fourth layer is called the Descemet's membrane. This is a protective layer that safeguards the eye from any injury. The last layer is known as the endothelium. The primary task of this layer is to pump excess fluid into the other layers of the eye.
- Tears play a key role for an eye to function properly. Tears have three layers, namely lipid, aqueous and mucin. It helps the eye to heal any possible wounds and infection.
- The cornea, for the most part, heals by itself. Deeper injuries of the cornea can result in vision loss. Some of the common symptoms of corneal diseases are light sensitivity, pain in the eye, redness and reduced vision.
- The most common of eye allergies are caused due to pollen. This often happens when the weather is dry or warm. Some common symptoms include burning sensation, redness, tearing and stinging.
- The eye encounters a condition called 'dry eye' wherein the quantity of tears reduces, thereby creating a problem for lubrication. An ophthalmologist should be immediately consulted if this condition is encountered.
- Corneal dystrophy is a condition that clouds the cornea. It is a gradual progression and often affects both the eyes. It is usually inherited and can affect healthy individuals as well.
- Keratoconus is an eye condition that thins the cornea over a period of time. It is mostly prevalent among young adults. This condition results in changing the shape of the cornea and development of an outward bulge.
- Shingles is a recurrence of the viral infection caused by the Vatic El - La Zoster Virus. This virus has the capability to remain dormant inside the eye. It can become active after many years of dormancy and affect the cornea by travelling through the optic nerve. Doctors mostly prescribe an oral antiviral treatment to avoid inflammation.
- Some advanced treatment for corneal diseases includes corneal transplant surgery, anterior lamellar keratoplasty and endothelial lamellar keratoplasty