Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anil ModiYour feedback matters!
Sir mere chest cough hai 1 year se par vo nikal nahi raha hai. Cheek aane se saas ful jati hai please help.
Low Glycemic Index foods are those that cause minor changes in blood sugar levels.
Previously, most meal plans designed to improve blood sugar analyzed the total amount of carbohydrates (including sugars and starches) in the foods themselves. GI goes beyond this approach, looking at the impact of foods on our actual blood sugar. In other words, instead of counting the total amount of carbohydrates in foods in their unconsumed state, GI measures the actual impact of these foods on our blood sugar.
Foods that are high on the glycemic index scale tend to raise the blood sugar when they are digested. Low glycemic foods allow a more controlled and steady release of energy in the body. Low glycemic foods have plenty of health benefits; so choosing them as snacks can be a very healthy choice.
Meats and fats don't have a GI because they do not contain carbohydrate.
Below are examples of foods based on their GI:
Low GI Foods (55 or Less)
- Oat bran
- Rolled Oats
- Natural Muesli
- 100% stone-ground whole wheat or pumpernickel bread
- Pasta, converted rice, barley, bulgar
- Sweet potato, corn, yam, lima/butter beans, peas, legumes and lentils
- Most fruits, non-starchy vegetables and carrots
- Soya and Linseed
- Wholegrain Pumpernickel
- Heavy Mixed Grain
- Whole Wheat
- Sourdough Rye
- Sourdough Wheat
- Frozen Green Peas
- Frozen Sweet Corn
- Raw Carrots
- Boiled Carrots
- Green Beans
- Red Peppers
Medium GI (56-69)
- Whole wheat, rye and pita bread
- Quick oats
- Brown, wild or basmati rice, couscous
High GI (70 or more)
- White bread or bagel
- Corn flakes, puffed rice, bran flakes, instant oatmeal
- Shortgrain white rice, rice pasta, macaroni and cheese from mix
- Russet potato, pumpkin
- Pretzels, rice cakes, popcorn, saltine crackers
- melons and pineapple
What Affects the GI of a Food?
Fat and fiber tend to lower the GI of a food. As a general rule, the more cooked or processed a food, the higher the GI; however, this is not always true.
Below are a few specific examples of other factors that can affect the GI of a food:
- Ripeness and Storage time - the more ripe a fruit or vegetable is, the higher the GI
- Processing juice has a higher GI than whole fruit; mashed potato has a higher GI than a whole baked potato, stone ground whole wheat bread has a lower GI than whole wheat bread.
- Cooking Method - how long a food is cooked (al dente pasta has a lower GI than soft-cooked pasta)
- Variety - converted long-grain white rice has a lower GI than brown rice but short-grain white rice has a higher GI than brown rice
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian nutritionist and ask a free question.
Hello doc. Can anyone please tell me what are safe days to Have sex? Before periods or after periods? and does having anal sex changes the shape of the body. I am 23yrs old and i am really scared to have anal sex. Though I lost my virginity lately. Will I get fat or something?
I am 63 years old and a diabetic patient. Diabetic is under control. But for the past 6 months I am having some pain on the left shoulders. When I went for diabetic check they have checked my Vitamin D and found its deficiency and has given medicines to mitigate that. But even after 3 after that the pain continues to unabated. Therefore I have consulted a senior ortho who has prescribed some calcium tablet and suggested some exercises which I am following diligently. But still the pain is still not abated. What should I do?
I am suffering from type 2 diabetes from 5 years my fasting sugar level 200and pp above 300 or low I often get keen pain.
Im having psoriasis in both my hand fingers, how do I get rid of it for good. I had consulted doctors but the medication does not give a complete cure. What are some of the food and lifestyle changes that I need to do to get rid of psoriasis.
My daughter age is 18 month And 05 days. When his age is 6 and half months than we find that she is suffering from Iron deficiency Anemia. That time hemoglobin level is 6.5% and that time required blood transfusion. After that when she admitted in hospital that time Hemoglobin level is 10.38% and at presently we take some test. At present Hemoglobin % is 12.20 and LDH level 597U/L and S. Ferritin level is 63.8 ng/ml and we also taken HB ELECTROPHORESIS and result is HB A- 96.5%, HB A2-2.3% and HB F -1.2%. On dated 01/0/2016 HB% becomes down 10.20% RBC-4.18% and some times we give her nebulizer. Most of the time Runny nose itchy eye and regular cold and fever problem. Now I want to know the above report result mean. Can you tell me please? On the other hand last 4 months his weight is constant at 9 kg. How we can gain weight my baby. We are worry about that.
I have diabetes type-2 last 2 year around 150 fasting & taking ayurveda tablets not taking suger frequently to reduse what i shoul i do ?
I am Neha, My age is 27 yrs, since morning m felling dizzy and had a pain in neck. I have low b.p. Also, please suggest me some immediate treatment for that, I would also like to have proper treatment after that.
Whenever I get drunk, I got itchy bumps whole over my body and its become intolerable to control itching. Also the next morning when I wake up after getting drunk I feel pain in my hands finger tips for that whole day only. What is happening?
What is HIV testing 100% accurate window period. And 3rd gen. Elisa test accurate window period pls tell me.
Hello doctor, There was a blood donation camp took place in our company and even I wanted to donate my blood, during test they found that I have iron deficiency so I am not eligible to donate blood. The normal reading it found to be 13 whereas they were in need of more than 13. So, please help me out with the diet plans to increase the iron content in my blood which will be helpful for me to donate blood next time.
During summer in coastal Karnataka sweating is common but excessive sweating sometimes get bruises and also act as allergic to skin. Whether such irritation due to sweating is a deficiency test of body balance or vitamin deficiency. If so what is the cure? Is this a phenomena in old ages as skin is hard and without oil? I want an answer form homeopathy because itching that I get sometimes invoke me to rub and reddish spread appear on my skin.
I am 24 year old female suffering from thyroid and irregular periods from 2 years or more my weight is increased to 130 kgs and in very proportionate body shape what should I do to get in shape reduce weight and get rid of thyroid problems permanently? I am also facing body pain, breathing problem and more because of it.
My baby girl is 18 months and weighs 10. 4 kg. She is teething around 4 teeth simultaneously and thus not eating anything at all for past 1 week. If I try to force feed her she throws up. Please advise.
A sip of tea to begin the day can banish the dregs of sleep and energize you for the day ahead. Tea is not only tasty, but has a number of health benefits as well. The most basic way tea helps the body is by hydrating it. Here are a few other benefits of a cup of tea.
- Soothes the digestive system: It is not only for taste that the Chinese like a cup of tea after their meals. Tea, particularly herbal tea can soothe the digestive system and aid in digestion. Ginger tea can additionally fight nausea.
- Clearer skin: Tea is rich in antioxidants that can detoxify the body and rid it of free radicals. This in turn helps fight signs of aging such as age spots, wrinkles and fine lines. It also keeps the skin firm and prevents sun damage.
- Improves heart health: Drinking a cup of tea regularly can help keep your heart healthy. This is because tea is a major source of flavanoids for the body that neutralizes free radicals. This also improves blood vessel and endothelial function and regularizes cholesterol levels. Green tea is also said to lower the risk of heart attacks.
- Weight loss: Tea has no calories of its own, just like water it keeps the body hydrated without affecting your weight. Thus, drinking a cup of tea instead of having a snack can temporarily fill the stomach and curb hunger pangs without any calorific gain. Also, oolong and green tea are said to increase metabolism rates, which further helps in weight loss.
- Boost dental health: When had without sugar or honey, tea can boost your dental health. Green tea protects the body against gum disease and can lower the risk of oral cancer. However, too much tea can stain enamel and spoil your smile if you do not maintain good dental hygiene habits.
- Reduced stress: Cortisol is one of the leading causes of stress. Tea can help reduce the amount of cortisol produced in the body and thus help you relax and fight stress. Lowered cortical levels can also slow down the aging process.
- Boost immunity: Herbal tea can also help boost the functionality of the immune system. Dandelion tea is said to aid the immune system in fighting ulcers, bronchitis and pneumonia. Chamomile tea has chemical compounds that increase the production of white blood cells. Similarly, ginseng tea encourages the production of both white blood cells and interferon.
Though it has a number of health benefits, like anything else, tea should not be had in excess. So, limit yourself to a cup or two a day.