Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anil Kumar
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anil KumarYour feedback matters!
My son is 5 years old and is on a restricted to take milk these days for last 4 months due to abdominal ache and loose stools after milk uptake. He is only 14.9 kgs, 3.5 feet and lean and thin in structure, please advice a proper diet to improve his muscles, weight and health.
My daughter is taking levipil 500 and one day I forgot to give her the evening dose. What will happen now please advise very worried?
My baby is 9 months old and vomiting 5-6 times, may b due to food infection, should I give her Ondem syrup?
My daughter is 1.6 years and she is having less blood. Her haemoglobin is 8.8. What I have to do for increase the blood?
Are there any long term effects taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so what are they and waht are medications are implemented? Is there a genetic factor to strokes?
My daughter is 5 months old, she is having rashes in her skull, due to which she always had an irritation sensation every time, she is not able to sleep comfortably, please suggest what should I do.
My baby is 5 months old. We performed his stool test two months ago and the reducing substance as positive. The doctor advised us to give Nan lo lac. Is it safe to give the same milk till now?
My 10th month old baby is taking the food if I grind and give him like puree what can I do is this the good way of giving the food to the baby and what all fruits can I give to my baby.
The terms dry fruits and dried fruits seem synonymous, but there is a slight difference between the two. To put it in simple terms nuts are also known as dry fruits. Dry fruits can be further categorized as dehiscent and indehiscent. The former refers to seeds contained in a pod and the latter refers to those that are not found in a seedpod. This includes pistachios, cashew nuts, walnuts and almonds. On the other hand, natural fleshy fruits that have been naturally or synthetically dried are called dried fruits. For example, dehydrated figs, raisins, dried cherries, apricots, etc. are considered dried fruits. Dehydrated apples, bananas, kiwis, etc. are also called dried fruits.
Which is the healthier choice?
Dry fruits and dried fruits both have a number of health benefits.
- Dry fruits are rich in proteins, vitamins, minerals and healthy fats. However, they also contain a high amount of saturated fats and have a high calorific value. Hence, they should be consumed in moderation.
- Dry fruit consumption should also be limited for people trying to lose weight and those suffering from heart problems.
- To make dry fruits like nuts healthier, you could soak them in water overnight and skin them the next morning before eating them, this helps in reducing the level of saturated fats in them.
- As compared to dry fruits, dried fruits has a much higher sugar level. Thus, their intake should be limited for weight watchers, diabetics, heart patients as well as those suffering from gallstones, high blood pressure and water retention.
- However, dried fruits can be beneficial for anemic patients and athletes. Dried fruits have the same vitamin and minerals as the fresh fruits and the only thing missing is the water content. Dried fruits are also rich in antioxidants and hence help boost immunity.
Tips to buy dry fruits and dried fruits
- With both dry fruits and dried fruits, you must take a look at the ingredients in the case of packaged dry/dried fruits.
- Avoid nuts that have been artificially sweetened, salted or fried.
- Also, do not buy dried fruits that have sugar listed as an ingredient.
- Dried fruits are naturally sweet and artificial sweeteners only add calories without any added nutrition.
- For fruits that tend to be bitter when dried such as cranberries, look for dried cranberries that have been sweetened with 100% natural fruit juice.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!