Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anil Kumar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anil KumarYour feedback matters!
Situated in the neck, the thyroid gland plays an important role in the body– it produces hormones required for regulating growth. Through its role, the thyroid gland influences most metabolic processes in the body. Problems of the thyroid gland can range from simple conditions such as goiter (enlargement of the thyroid glands) to something as fatal as cancer. The most common thyroid problem is the abnormal production of hormones.
Overproduction of hormones by the thyroid gland results in ‘hyperthyroidism’ whereas underproduction of hormones causes ‘hypothyroidism’. It is necessary to take steps to deal with thyroid problems as their complications can be severe at times.
Ayurveda is a time honored system of medicine, the treatments of which have holistic healing properties. Ayurvedic treatments are free from side effects as they do not contain synthetic ingredients. In case of thyroid problems, Ayurvedic remedies focus on balancing the production of hormones. The various doshas in the body – kapha, vata and pitta are balanced, so as to promote overall wellbeing.
The various Ayurvedic herbs that help with addressing thyroid problems are –
Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is a very widely used herb in Ayurvedic medicine due to its numerous benefits. It has anti-oxidizing properties which calm the brain and strengthen the immune system. It helps relieve symptoms of fatigue and inability to focus, both being indicators of thyroid problems.
Bacopa: Bacopa is a herb that is extremely beneficial for the overall health of the nervous system. It helps you focus better while boosting memory capacity. It also helps in controlling and reducing inflammation.
Black Walnut: Black walnut is rich in magnesium that helps in proper functioning of the thyroid gland, a deficiency of which causes thyroid problems.
Bugleweed: A herb that is effective in treating cold and cough, bugleweed also has beneficial effects on the thyroid gland. It is often used as a sedative or an astringent.
Coleus: Coleus is a herb that is rich in anti-oxidants, which help in minimizing free radical damage in the body. It helps in improving the functioning of the thyroid gland and also helps in the treatment of certain cardiovascular disorders.
Echinacea: A herb that strengthens the immune system of the body, Echinacea plays a vital role in preventing thyroid problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
My uric acid is 7 and c reactive protein test is 27 can there be problem due 2 high level of protein test what medicine should I take for uric acid.
Diabetes can result in the development of many complications like retinopathy (eye problem), neuropathy (nerve problem), nephropathy (kidney disease), dyslipidemia (high cholesterol), heart disease and stroke (paralysis). Your doctor will advise you on what to do and how frequently to get tests for these complications.
- Blood pressure- Blood pressure should be got checked at every visit to the doctor. Generally, it should be maintained below 140/80. Your doctor may give you some medicine to lower it if it is high.
- Cholesterol- Lipid profile should be tested annually or more frequently if deranged. Your doctor will give you some medicine if you have high cholesterol.
- Eye disease ( Retinopathy)- Dilated eye testing should be done at least once a year by an eye specialist. It should be started at the time of diagnosis of type 2 diabetes and after 3-5 years of diagnosis of type 1 diabetes after puberty. If you already have diabetic eye disease, then your doctor may ask for a more frequent check up.
- Kidney disease (Nephropathy)- Regular blood pressure checking is very important. Urine should be tested every year for proteins and creatinine clearance. Testing should be more frequent if abnormal. Kidney function should also be tested at least once a year.
- Nerve disease (Neuropathy)- You should check your feet daily for any injury, cracks, redness or calluses. Report to your doctor immediately if you have any such problems.
You should get yourself regularly evaluated for these complications.
Maintaining your A1c (blood sugar), blood pressure and cholesterol in the normal range can help in preventing / delaying diabetic complications.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!