Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Anil D RYour feedback matters!
Please suggest a good & instant medicine to cure woman's frigidity as his wife behaves so cold on the bed.
Polycystic Ovarian Disease results from the disorder more commonly known as PCOS or Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. A syndrome is starkly different from a disease, for the former entails a set of symptoms usually occurring in concurrence, while the latter means a particular biological condition with an identifiable reason behind it.
A syndrome solicits your concern and forethought in order to eliminate or at least control the chances of an underlying disease. Trigger to a syndrome is undetectable and hence fighting it efficiently is fairly problematic. It is rare to find adolescent girls without hormonal problems.
Hormonal imbalances are just too common to be a novel topic any further. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is faced due to imbalances in hormone secretions. It refers to the development of multiple cysts in your ovary. This condition usually affects women falling within the age group of 15 to 50. Eight among ten women, at a given point of time, are reported with PCOS. Symptoms of PCOS, when neglected, can lead to Polycystic Ovarian Disease. If you have been facing similar health issues, it is advisable to undergo a check- up and get diagnosed at the earliest possible.
Symptoms of Polycystic Ovarian Disease
- A receding hairline or increased hair fall can lead to thinning of scalp hair. Such a sign should not be taken lightly as it could be indicative of Polycystic Ovarian Disease.
- Extremely painful menstruation, irregular periods or prolonged periods with heavy bleeding might be reason enough for worrying.
- Development of acne could be another sign. Acne is common to girls attaining puberty, but an unprecedented growth should be a matter of concern.
- Patchy skin, pigmentation and discoloration of the skin are the other symptoms.
- PCOS may also result in continual depression and anxiety.
- Obesity is the most commonly noticed symptom. People suffering from Polycystic Ovarian Disease have lower metabolism and thus, reducing weight is an ordeal.
- Many women tend to grow thick facial hair or chest hair. Such a condition discourages the person to go out in public. It leads to social ostracizing which further bears severe effects on one's mental health.
- PCOS mostly affects women belonging to the childbearing age. As a result of this syndrome, females stop ovulating. Conception becomes extremely difficult as the syndrome may lead to infertility.
Polycystic Ovarian Disease can result in Type 2 diabetes or even cardiovascular problems. If not diagnosed and treated at an early stage, it might lead to ovarian cancer. There is hardly any preventive measure to counter the chances of such a syndrome, but certain alterations in your diet under the guidance of a dietician and regular exercising can improve your health.
Related Tip: "What is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome?"